Anyone using this engine oil?

omshks

Did my 10000km servicing today at Autosprintze at Kim Chuan Terrace... Used up 6.5 litres of the engine oil below... Had previously done a 5000km servicing also... was told to bring car in to service every 8000km to keep the turbo engine running smooth...

The head mechanic used to be from PML... very friendly and accomodating chap...

FYI my F12 is a PI car and servicing and warranty is undertaken by Autosprintze... service is quite express... called them at 9am...brought car down at 930am...and car was all done at 1015am... oil change, oil filter change, top up washer fluid, silicon coat for my convertible top...

Any bros any experience with this engine oil?

Re: Anyone using this engine oil?

60wt seems rather too thick.....think 40Wt or 50wt max would be more suitable.
just my 2 cents

I was advised by the head tech to use this grade of oil leh... anyone else care to comment?

why use 60? too thick la

Wah ... seems like there are a few bros here who really think this oil grade not suitable... any detrimental effect if I carry on another 8000km with it?

u may find your engine more sluggish

usually is 40w...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

If use 30 or 40, will engine oil "burn" off too fast and need to top up before next service?

S2k;849960 said:
i use 30.....

30 also can.........

me too 30 at times..........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

omshks;849952 said:
Wah ... seems like there are a few bros here who really think this oil grade not suitable... any detrimental effect if I carry on another 8000km with it?

nothing detrimental....just sluggish.

Hmmm.... I better check with MA what engine oil they are using for my 2000km service! Might call them later today...

omshks;849964 said:
If use 30 or 40, will engine oil "burn" off too fast and need to top up before next service?
The burn off will come about when u drive mostly in the city with start/stop traffic. This is mainly due to accumulation of moisture in the engine.

60w is only reserved for ///M. Most modern BMW requires 30w for fuel efficiency. 60w is old skool.

Few things to note:

~ turbo engines, only synthetic oils
~ turbo engines, stick to grade 30 or 40 oils
~ local driving, stick to grade 30 or 40 oils. If you run a high rev engine on NSHW a lot, perhaps you could appreciate a grade 60 oil better
~ intervals depend on driving habit - in general, turbo cars, ideal interval is 5000 km.....

OK, I just did my 2000km service with MA today. The oil was Castrol 5W-30.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back