Arf

Re: Arf

50% downpayment means number of new car buyers at least drop by half.
my professional calculation is at least 70% of potential buyers are priced out already.
those who can afford already bought in 2011 and 2012.(these folks wont be selling anytime soon if coe collapses.)
it is a buyers' market now.
the world is your oyster now if you have the dough.

Darth Vader;961145 said:
50% downpayment means number of new car buyers at least drop by half.
my professional calculation is at least 70% of potential buyers are priced out already.
those who can afford already bought in 2011 and 2012.(these folks wont be selling anytime soon if coe collapses.)
it is a buyers' market now.
the world is your oyster now if you have the dough.

COE collapses, u buy cheap but u also sell cheap so LPPL :lol:

Is it a M3 ?

kenntona;961092 said:
The ARF (Additional Registration Fees) was 100% of the OMV based on the existing ruling before Budget 2013. This translates to a pure gravy transfer from our bank account into the government coffer. With Budget 2013, a new tier ARF tax structure is in place. If the OMV of your dream vehicle is $36,486, the ARF for this vehicle will now be 100% of the first $20,000 and 140% of the remaining $16,486 which is $23,080. Adding both $20,000 and $23,080 gives you the final ARF of $43,080.

You are now paying an extra $6594 ($43,080 - $36,486) because the OMV is > $20,000. So in short, the higher the OMV, the more ARF you pay.

Total price:

1. OMV: $36,486
  2. COE: assuming $92,667 (Based on 2nd Open Bidding for Month of Feb-2013 for CAT B)
  3. ARF: $43,080 (Additional Tax Structure of 140% applies to excess $16,486)
  4. Custom Duty: $7,297 (20% of OMV)
  5. GST: $3,064 (Based on 7% of OMV + Custom Duty)
  6. Registration Fees: $140
  7. Vehicle Plate Fees: $30

Total Cost of Car: $182,764 (Add up all 1 to 7 together)

AD List Price: $216,800

Difference: $34,036 (Translates to Profits for Performance Motor or whatever they can keep after their operating costs are subtracted.)

Guess what car is this?

nicknick said:

I am trying to understand your logic.......

nicknick;961151 said:

kenntona;961174 said:
I am trying to understand your logic.......

Ya. What's wrong with that?

I am selling my March 2012 F10 at M5 prices, call me ya?!

you want buy cheap cheap and sell expensive ?
or you want buy expensive and sell cheap cheap ?
or you want buy expensive and sell expensive ?

you like which one ?

nicknick;961151 said:

Darth Vader;961178 said:

you like which one ?

must buy expensive, $100k coe, high value ... dealer says one .. sart!

Last edited by a moderator:

nicknick;961151 said:

Darth Vader;961178 said:

you like which one ?

beri obvious mah ...... this chap wana buy exp then sell cheap.....lidat more crass .....

wt_know;961071 said:
either way ... dealer has no worry
if you don't top up then they will just bid coe - $14K
after 4-6 bids, they will tell you cannot get coe and the deal is off
you wasted at least 2 months time and to them they already has no intention to close the deal if $14K is eat into their margin
if coe spike > $10K they chop chop call buyer to top up liao and do you think they will stomach the $14K additional ARF?

I thought the sales contact will indicate the minimum COE the dealer will be bidding? And if the COE falls below that, they will refund the difference? Not sure if it is legal for the dealer to bid $14K when they guarantee COE at $80K.

Darth Vader;961178 said:

you like which one ?

I can't comment which to like as bth the 50% down :)

M-Noobie;961498 said:
I think open cat COE is only valid for 3 months.

Oh.. Sorry then should be cat B 6 months.

M-Noobie;961496 said:
I thought the sales contact will indicate the minimum COE the dealer will be bidding? And if the COE falls below that, they will refund the difference? Not sure if it is legal for the dealer to bid $14K when they guarantee COE at $80K.

Yes, they called it Coe rebate. For my agreement, I think was $55k. If Coe falls below $55k, they will rebate the difference.

Wanted to find
Out more about who pays the ARF. Called LTA, they said to call CASE. Called case, they said to call MAS. Called MAS they said call Ministry of finance. Called MOF, no one pick up. Think this is so BS. To add more BS, Tomorrow car loans are increased from 1.88% to 3.75%.

JJ 523XL;961600 said:
Wanted to find
Out more about who pays the ARF. Called LTA, they said to call CASE. Called case, they said to call MAS. Called MAS they said call Ministry of finance. Called MOF, no one pick up. Think this is so BS. To add more BS, Tomorrow car loans are increased from 1.88% to 3.75%.

...of all said.. Here & everywhere.....Yr 2 Alphabets sums it all... Tons of it..

...BS.

Last edited by a moderator:

...dun top up la ....unless u really really love tt new car......have $$$$ cash... dun mind ... always been prudent.. in need.... cannot zzzz...can't stand MRT, LRT, public transport.....etc etc....

....hold on 1st....wait out...

....all the best.

Thks for all the car advice.
Housing loan rates have been creeping up. People only have not realized it. I work in a bank. It's happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back