• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Auction E60

sportster

Re: Auction E60

Few years back i bidded a Honda Accord CL7. Won the auction. And the nightmare started. When i got the car it comes with no keys. Had a hard time to find back the PI and order the keys. After i got the keys i realise the car got quite a few problems. Coilover spoil, steering rack gone case etc...need to spend almost 10K to repair everything. End up i sold the car straight away. For nothing lose alot of $$$$$

Definitely not advisable to buy an auction vehicle. Super bad experience.

I went down to check out the car, the interiors look fine, the paintwork is terrible, needs a good respray.

This kind of things, is heng suay... but at 7.7 depri, it sure looks like a good preposition, even the 320's are going for 8++ to 9

opulentgroup;479751 said:
I went down to check out the car, the interiors look fine, the paintwork is terrible, needs a good respray.

This kind of things, is heng suay... but at 7.7 depri, it sure looks like a good preposition, even the 320's are going for 8++ to 9

When you were there, did you see the car come with the key transponder? I do understand some owner will return the keys back to the finance company for auction. Are you going to put in a bid? Car dealers will bid for this car and do up the paintwork for resale. Btw, a new paintwork can be done for around $800 for same color respray. There are some good reasonable spray painter around in Kranji loop.

luohan12;479730 said:
Few years back i bidded a Honda Accord CL7. Won the auction. And the nightmare started. When i got the car it comes with no keys. Had a hard time to find back the PI and order the keys. After i got the keys i realise the car got quite a few problems. Coilover spoil, steering rack gone case etc...need to spend almost 10K to repair everything. End up i sold the car straight away. For nothing lose alot of $$$$$

Definitely not advisable to buy an auction vehicle. Super bad experience.

I bidded for a W124 Merc from a foreign bank many years back for the sake of it's "888" number at close to paper+body value. Car need some repair but I decided to scrap it after 2 weeks and retain the number. Usually, auction cars are much cheaper than the market, should be able to offset some of the repair bills if the bid amount is low

Bro,

How is the mileage? Few years back, i bidded for a used E46, 01 model, 03 transfers,mileage 160,000km, Awarded price was dirt cheap. Depr abt 7K/per annum. Mkt was called for almost 11k for this 320I,2.2 lits

The day when i collect the car, to my surprise, there isn't any key !!! Spent 500 bucks to get a locksmith to get it done and also 300 bucks for a "OEM" key...One week later, gearbox KAPUT and follow by aircon compressor and engine oil started to leak all over the place. Spent almost 4K++ to get all things done. Thought my nightmare is over till i went to JB for a dinner, i was stopped with the JB custom and the outstanding summons was around RM1200+ consists of 7 tickets...Nego a little and paid RM800.00

One month later at Centrepoint, the whole car was vandalized and the 4 tyres are punctured !!!

Hold the car for almost 6 mths and decided to export the car and lost a few K for this period.

Hence, think twice especially a REPO car !

Cheap stuff dont comes good, it always due to our greeds that commits such act

Troll

Mileage stated is 83,000km for the Jun'04 E60. Buying repo cars, suggest better to bid for a new car number plate as the owner may be in dire straits, don't know owe how many creditors $$$.

gotta realise that these repo-ed cars.. the ex- owners no $$$ to service the loans, how to service the car?

sportster;479869 said:
Mileage stated is 83,000km for the Jun'04 E60. Buying repo cars, suggest better to bid for a new car number plate as the owner may be in dire straits, don't know owe how many creditors $$$.

I went down to view that car too, as my bro-in-law wanted to chk it out.
car front seems to hv accident b4, some tell-tale signs on poor re-spray n scatched under bonnet. car has 2 keys, but 1 of it not working, so cant be used.
LCD display working but looks very bad shape in terms of color contrast. may need to change too.
PIC say dealers r going to bid abt $70k+
paper abt $55k+body = $63k max.

my conclusion, its for those who wish to own a 5 series, drive for 1 yrs n re-export.
thats fine. but to bid more than $65k, better give up.

sportster;479869 said:

Strongly agreed. Is better to pay an extra S$1.3 for a new number plate rather than paying S$13.0K later..Those ppl out there knows only the car number and not the owner..

JLMC;479922 said:
I went down to view that car too, as my bro-in-law wanted to chk it out.
car front seems to hv accident b4, some tell-tale signs on poor re-spray n scatched under bonnet. car has 2 keys, but 1 of it not working, so cant be used.
LCD display working but looks very bad shape in terms of color contrast. may need to change too.
PIC say dealers r going to bid abt $70k+
paper abt $55k+body = $63k max.

my conclusion, its for those who wish to own a 5 series, drive for 1 yrs n re-export.
thats fine. but to bid more than $65k, better give up.

Current highest bid stand at $69.5K. A good condition reasonable mileage 6 yrs old E60 body, direct exporter is taking in around $14K,. Even if it is is in mint condition with be worth at least $11 to $12K. Not possible $8k body for a E60, must go direct to the exporters, not those car dealers exporters to get a good quote

sportster;482699 said:
Auction bid won by a car dealer, whom may have touch up the car for resale. From the pic, the car looks grossy, could have undergone a paintwork respray. Can check it out for those who are keen

-> Used BMW 520i Car for Sale from Singapore, Faster Auto Trading - sgCarMart

lets all press that dealer to $69k, we all take turn to "view" car, test car, then offer $69k...
then maybe he will realise market rate is really 69k :lol2: :lol2:

wonder why dealer left out mileage details....hmmmmm...:thinking:

JLMC;482786 said:
lets all press that dealer to $69k, we all take turn to "view" car, test car, then offer $69k...
then maybe he will realise market rate is really 69k :lol2: :lol2:
this episode probably made me think twice about buying car from dealers. if i hadnt seen this thread, i wouldn't know this is an auction car. then kena smoked big time....

longhorn;483108 said:
this episode probably made me think twice about buying car from dealers. if i hadnt seen this thread, i wouldn't know this is an auction car. then kena smoked big time....

so now u know members has its privilege..:woowooo:

JLMC;483223 said:
so now u know members has its privilege..:woowooo:

Agreed. Great information sharing here. Superb forum.

(Also, can see JLMC and Dinan's signatures. Well worth the effort to read this thread. Ok, sorry for OT...)

Dinan;482958 said:
wonder why dealer left out mileage details....hmmmmm...:thinking:

Its an open secret that dealers will adjust mileage of BMWs coz low mileage WILL sell.

I sold off my 6 yr old 325ci to dealer at 99,000km. 2 days later, it appeared in SGcarmart at 80,000km. At least that dealer was not really pushing his luck, but trying to lower a little bit so that the exporters will still take in. (cars above 100,000km, no export market...)

I have a friend who is a car salesman. And he spotted a trade in BMW to buy for himself. But he was just 1 day late... the moment the car went into dealer's hands, the mileage immediately got a 40% discount :lol2:

This is why service history, and the car's history is important. For me, its simple. I want to see service history either by PML, or even workshops - there should be a proper paper trail of maintenance, with mileage recorded at the intervals. You can then judge whether the car has been regularly maintained, and whether the mileage is true or not.

I could not believe it when I found my 4.5yr old 530i to have 36,000km too. Broker said that owner has quite a few cars, and also selling off a Maser, Range Rover, and Lambo. I had to verify history with PML, and also send for a very detailed check by my trusted mechanic before realizing it was true, and the rest was history. Money paid and car transferred within 24 hours!

__iceman__;485221 said:
....... I had to verify history with PML, ...
so if i just call up PML and say i want to check svc history of SBJ6969 (for example), they will just tell me? even if i'm not the owner?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8876

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back