Auto Adjustment /Memory for Wing Mirror

arowana1

i have this weird problem. after i adjusted my driver side wing mirror and saved the setting (press M, followed by 1), things are ok when i unlock, start engine and drive off. settings from previous time still there. but it goes off when:

1. i stop the car, do a manual unlock of the doors. can see the driver side wing mirror will adjust to a neutral (aka default position). when i drive off, lock the door, etc, the mirror stays that way. hence, im always in trouble whenever i stop to drop off my wife.

2. i stop the car, kill the engine, lock and walk away... the next time i come back AND drive off, the wing mirror setting is ok. but if i came back to unlock and take something from the car (i.e. without driving off), then lock... the next time i come back and drive off, i find the wing mirror setting is back to default (or some odd position).

3. sometimes, the darn driver seat oso did not move according to my previous setting.

whenever it is out, i tried pressing memory recall button 1 (or 2). sometimes the wing mirror will adjust, sometimes it will not. the sometimes can is always when im at pml :furious: dats when i have to redo the setting again.

am i using this function correctly? did i miss out on something?

thanks in advance for any help /tips!

Re: Auto Adjustment /Memory for Wing Mirror

I just experienced the same issues.

Rod found that it was due to poor contact of the wires connected to the wing mirror.

cjc81;414033 said:
I just experienced the same issues.

Rod found that it was due to poor contact of the wires connected to the wing mirror.

thanks! btw, rod sounds familiar... now where did i hear the name before?

i have this problem too at times. it's like the mirror got it's own temper.

mine also. i went in PML for last 2 times. Problem still cant solve. Going to book for the 3rd time liao. Waste my time.....

shall we all go look up rod at the same time? he fix one, he fixed all 3 kekeke

HI Arowana & Sky Li,

Did you guys ever manage to solve this problem? Just read this thread and sad to say that my ride sometimes does experienced the same darn thing as well.

Called PML and was info by the CSA that something could be wrong with the side wing mirror motor. Was told that they need to diagnose this and will have to keep the car overnight and get the motor change. :whythis:

Sky Li, did you leave the car there overnight during your first 2 visits?

Btw, I called the Kg Arang service centre coz nearest to the East.

EMF;417866 said:
HI Arowana & Sky Li,

Did you guys ever manage to solve this problem? Just read this thread and sad to say that my ride sometimes does experienced the same darn thing as well.

Called PML and was info by the CSA that something could be wrong with the side wing mirror motor. Was told that they need to diagnose this and will have to keep the car overnight and get the motor change. :whythis:

Sky Li, did you leave the car there overnight during your first 2 visits?

Btw, I called the Kg Arang service centre coz nearest to the East.

hi EMF, spoke to sa at sime and was told to leave car there for diagnostic. and as usual, no time committed so i reluctant to leave it there. i need the car every day le :angry:

so looking for a chance where i can get my hands on a loaner (not from pml cos dun tink they will give me one). more likely from fren. then im gonna leave my car there until they fix the :furious: problem. damn blardy irritating and im surprised they dun seem to have any knowledge of it... or maybe they juz act blur.

I think it's the later ... act blur!!!

Was told that it's gonna be a 1 and half day job!

Thanks for the info bro.

my ride's at pml now for this stupid mirror thing. SE arranged a loan car for me for the time being...

check13;459189 said:
my ride's at pml now for this stupid mirror thing. SE arranged a loan car for me for the time being...

wow so good got loan car. i must go make demand for loan car, then can send mine in for wing mirror fix...

one year on and my wing mirror still give the same problem. pml never change anything, only reset, reprogrammed, oil, lube, grease, dunno wtf else they do but still the same. haiz i love my bimmer but i hate the damn fcking retards who serviced my car in pml

arowana1;582673 said:
one year on and my wing mirror still give the same problem. pml never change anything, only reset, reprogrammed, oil, lube, grease, dunno wtf else they do but still the same. haiz i love my bimmer but i hate the damn fcking retards who serviced my car in pml

I had the same problem as yours, and PML did the same thing. Worse case is when I need to filter to left lane, suddently realize the mirror is either looking up the sky or looking down the road. :furious:

car went in yesterday and finally, after 2 long years, they changed the motor. now monitoring to see if the problem is resolved.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88immo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back