Auto fold side mirror convertion

Davidoky

Anyone know how much will it cost to convert E90 preFL side mirror to auto fold type and where to do it?

Re: Auto fold side mirror convertion

can organise grp buy if good price.

i think you just need to reprogram the function.

Mine is 2006 PFL E90 320.. maybe previous owner already reprogram the function.
I can hold 2-3 sec longer on the lock button it will fold up the side mirror automatically. It you have unwind windows ,it will goes up automatically too.
hold unlock button 2-3 sec longer, it will unlock with unfold side mirror, wind down 4 windows automatically etc..

lkh007;890623 said:

I can hold 2-3 sec longer on the lock button it will fold up the side mirror automatically. It you have unwind windows ,it will goes up automatically too.
hold unlock button 2-3 sec longer, it will unlock with unfold side mirror, wind down 4 windows automatically etc..

Provided that your ride come with a electric side windows....

This is only applicable for those already had powered side mirrors. I believe TS is having a manual folding side mirrors.

lkh007;890623 said:

lkh007;890623 said:

Mine is 2006 pfl e90 320.. Maybe previous owner already reprogram the function.
Hold unlock button 2-3 sec longer, it will unlock with unfold side mirror, wind down 4 windows automatically etc..

mine also 2006 pfl e90 320 but i dunt thinks mine have the function... The side mirror cant fold automatic while holding lock button

When i fold my side mirror manually it will have "tick tick" sound... Is it normal?

used to drive RSZ, do not comes with auto-folding but can be able to add a module to change to auto-fold.
any gurus to advise?

Your model doesn't comes with the powered side mirror, of cuz cannot auto fold la. You are looking at more than $1000 to get a new pair of powered side mirrors. After that you still need to program the code.

Davidoky;890627 said:
mine also 2006 pfl e90 320 but i dunt thinks mine have the function... The side mirror cant fold automatic while holding lock button

Last edited by a moderator:

pixelbug;890683 said:
your model doesn't comes with the powered side mirror, of cuz cannot auto fold la. You are looking at more than $1000 to get a new pair of powered side mirrors.

i see... Thanks for info

check eBay UK for second ones. the PFL folding mirrors are quite common and you might a pair of mirrors for about 400 to 600. after that you'll still need to buy the mirrors/windows switch pack which comes with the button to fold the mirrors. lastly you need to programme the car to add in the VO for folding mirrors.

brand new parts will cost you about 1.3K. second hand parts from ebay will cost you about 600 to 800 in total.

i had done it for my LCI together with auto dimming mirrors so i now have auto dimming interior and exterior plus power folding side mirrors.

PML quotation for the auto-fold module / switch pack, all in all costs about 2.2k ...

$2.2K jus to auto fold the mirror ???.....ur better off folding it manually.......my ride comes with auto fold, its been abt 1.5yrs since i owned the ride and the number of times i auto fold my mirror can be counted.......most of it comes after I lup my M mirror.....seriously IMHO, dun bother to retrofit if ur ride dun oredi come w it......cheerios

Last edited by a moderator:

het;890931 said:
$2.2K jus to auto fold the mirror ???.....ur better off folding it manually.......my ride comes with auto fold, its been abt 1.5yrs since i owned the ride and the number of times i auto fold my mirror can be counted.......most of it comes after I lup my M mirror.....seriously IMHO, dun bother to retrofit if ur ride dun oredi come w it......cheerios

PML charges a premium for retrofits. someone here did his for about 1.3K by buying parts from stockists. the mirror itself do not come cheap as it is. just the mirror frame and electric controllers costs about 600 each and it's not including the glass(mirror). if the mirror comes with auto dim function, the price goes up and the glass(mirror) costs about 200+ each so that's almost 1K just for 1 side mirror.

ya lor.. i think i better go back my nest to hibernate SUA...

>< so how much will it cost for a M side mirror?

lim_ck;890944 said:
PML charges a premium for retrofits. someone here did his for about 1.3K by buying parts from stockists. the mirror itself do not come cheap as it is. just the mirror frame and electric controllers costs about 600 each and it's not including the glass(mirror). if the mirror comes with auto dim function, the price goes up and the glass(mirror) costs about 200+ each so that's almost 1K just for 1 side mirror.

Agreed on the premium portion. Well, my point really is, even if its $1K all in, it dun really makes alot of financial sense as the cost-benefit analysis jus dont add up =) peace out

Davidoky;891049 said:
>< so how much will it cost for a M side mirror?

Last I noe, M is about $2.4Kish brand new w spray + install

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redtrumpet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back