Auto Start-Stop Function Stopped Working

Cars4fun

I know most of us want the ASS to stop working permanently, but I just want to find out if it's a sign pointing to other issues, like battery. I am willing to leave it alone if there is no associated issue with it.
This morning, the ASS stopped working suddenly when the car is stopped, when it usually should. Same situation when driving home in the evening. There was no battery discharge message prior to it at all.
Anyone had similar experience? Kinds words of advice on possible causes will be very much appreciated.

2012 BMW F10

Last edited by a moderator:
Most probably battery is starting to get weak. When engine off during ASS, it's really taxing on the battery to keep A/C running, so the car disable the ASS itself to prevent discharge on a weak battery.

Thanks!
The ASS is working fine again today.
At the last servicing, asked if I need to change battery. Was told the battery re-charging capacity is within tolerance, around 79% if i remember correctly. So was told not to change.

How long you been driving your car with existing battery?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Went back to PML to ask them to check the battery, they measured and told me no need to change for now.

Cars4fun;n1845216 said:
Went back to PML to ask them to check the battery, they measured and told me no need to change for now.

Keep an eye on your welcome lights in the next couple of months .....

Thanks for the headsup boss, I know where to go if they start acting up ;-).
Btw, the live traffic function for the map update still not sorted out?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back