Bad Experience at Zaino Detailing Centre (First Auto Venture)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoo

Got a very bad experience from Zaino Detailing Centre this afternoon. (apologise for my long story)
Upon reaching the centre located at Toh Guan Centre at 12:35pm , the sales-representative(Jean) explained on the Grooming Packages and start to recommed me to take up the annual package of $720.(In fact, today's visit was my second,)
Then came another of his staff explaining that there are many fine scratches on my car and advise me to take up the so-called ' paint -correction' (additional cost of $180) to 'totally' remove the scratches.
I insist that I'm not particular about the fine scratches and I can live with it...and I keep telling both of them to proceed with the single grooming session of $228.
They did not stop there...they keep pressing me to take up the package and told me that they can reduce the paint correction from $180 to $120 if I were to take up the package.
I was so pissed off with their constant insistance and pressure of me signing up the package that I drove off.

Not sure any bro have such experience before......

Re: Bad Experience at Zaino Detailing Centre (First Auto Venture)

Khoo;603928 said:
Got a very bad experience from Zaino Detailing Centre this afternoon. (apologise for my long story)
Upon reaching the centre located at Toh Guan Centre at 12:35pm , the sales-representative(Jean) explained on the Grooming Packages and start to recommed me to take up the annual package of $720.(In fact, today's visit was my second,)
Then came another of his staff explaining that there are many fine scratches on my car and advise me to take up the so-called ' paint -correction' (additional cost of $180) to 'totally' remove the scratches.
I insist that I'm not particular about the fine scratches and I can live with it...and I keep telling both of them to proceed with the single grooming session of $228.
They did not stop there...they keep pressing me to take up the package and told me that they can reduce the paint correction from $180 to $120 if I were to take up the package.
I was so pissed off with their constant insistance and pressure of me signing up the package that I drove off.

i dun think they are very skillful. we used to diy our cars from washing to grooming and attended a few workshops, so know a thing or two about washing/grooming. what i saw at their $26 car wash was shocking. i can understand that they cant use water at their venue, so they used some steam machine thingy. since they cant rinse the car of sand and dirt, extra care should be taken during shampooing, but no... they used SPONGE to wash the car, using a bucket of dirty looking water and the guy chose to shampoo the side skirts and bumpers first, then use the same sponge for the "cleaner" parts of the car....horrendous washing techniques...if i had known their techniques beforehand, i wouldnt go even if they paid me $26..and definitely wouldnt let a groomer who induced scratches onto my car to help remove them.. just my 2 cents...

No proper hose down with water???

How TH they wash a car properly???

I have said this many times to my previous groomer and still gently remind the current groomer that I go to:

"USE A DIFFERENT SPONGE for DiFFERENT PARTS of the car!"

As mentioned above by a member, sponge used for side skirts, bumpers and maybe wheel arches are most susceptible to heavier grime and debris...and thus the same sponge should NOT be used for other parts of the car...

I think most discerning car owners would agree...

Last edited by a moderator:

i agree with the findings above.

I was shocked to receive my car with the rims still covered with patches of dirt after a session. But thats not all, they broke something in my boot while doing the vacuum and received a half hearted reply - That takes the cake!

TobyNik;603958 said:
No proper hose down with water???

How TF they wash a car properly???

I have said this many times to my previous groomer and still gently remind the current groomer that I go to:

"USE A DIFFERENT SPONGE for DiFFERENT PARTS of the car!"

As mentioned above by a member, sponge used for side skirts, bumpers and maybe wheel arches are most susceptible to heavier grime and debris...and thus the same sponge should NOT be used for other parts of the car...

I think most discerning car owners would agree...

HAIZ......

Bro i like your "How TF they wash a car properly???"...:lol: Totally agree...washing a car is not like steaming a char siew bao man....:dance:

I make an inquiry on their service and I'm only interested to do up the 'exterior' of the car as my ride is still relatively new.

But they insisted on the fixed price $228 although it covers both external and internal of the car.

Apparently, this shows that they are determine to squeeze every cent from you.

I find it disgusting when sales staff try so hard to push products when I clearly state in plain English that I don't want it. Wonder whether this practice of product pushing actually works for them..cause it's widely used across a lot of industries (Banks, IT stores etc) here.

Interesting stories...thanks for sharing...

They are one of the site sponsors here...it will be interesting to hear what they have to say...

wow.. I hate pressure selling.. I rather to Bukit Panjang SPC for my car wash...

Yes, confirmed that they do not have washing facilities in their premises...Sometime ago, when i visited that place, all 3 or 4 of their workers were doing up a white A4 that was parked so close to the sidewall, how to groom properly?? An attractive lady sales rep was hard selling their package even as i was already walking out, did not take NO for an answer...I was just taking a look at their pricing, before deciding to sign up for the 3rd year running with their competitor upstairs, Imperi**1....:cool:

This is valuable news. I nearly wanted to go for their service next week! Ok, pass and next please!

Try me, Try Me, every sat morning 10am Bishan MSCP washing bay, wash n clean until swee swee, water 60cents, car shampoo 9.50, clay bar 8.50, sealer 37.50, wax 42.20, the shampoo, sealer n wax can use until i peng san la, and my fav tool.....makita polisher, plus makita blower for blow dry the car.....i also polish until swee swee.....cheap bo...time spend....3hrs

Actually, cannot keep using the rubbing compound to clear the swirl mark and fine line, as this process will thin down the clear coat in our car, as long as u can wash your car until solid clean, follow by proper wax n seal... also can attend show room condition, i don't believe in removing those fine scratch n swirl mark, spoil the car paint only...

Indeed good information which you have shared.

I have planned to send my car for grooming next week at Toh Guan Centre. It is very fortunate that I have read this else I would have the similar unpleasant experience. I will share this with my friends that also planned to send their cars just before the CNY.

Bro Atec1267...if u feel bored and want to prove your point further, I have 2 cars for you to shine..how's that?

hehe...as long as u r willing to help ...sure why not...hehehe

good to share...so where is good to go for a wax? think mine is due for a groom...im located in serangoon area..

I buy u coffee, lunch, dessert and give you moral support. Can consider carry water for you too but for that pls wash all the cars outside my house...the water pipe is ready for use..

Polishing is tough job....

atec1267;604051 said:
hehe...as long as u r willing to help ...sure why not...hehehe

I try to wash my own car once a week. The result is pretty good and satisfying, plus you get good exercise too :)

Khoo;603928 said:

Dear all.

Thanks for all the valuable feedback.

Thanks Mr Khoo for dropping by just now and left soon after.

Thanks for the feedback SMS u sent as well.

I mentioned briefly in the sms that we do not employ any "hard sell" tactics.
I never knew my guys are so "onz".
I will also try to review the CCTV and see if i can figure anything from there. ( for what its worth)

Jean were indeed encouraged by me to introduce packages and memberships, but not pressure selling.

Please allow me get more findings from the people on the ground regarding your experience today and i will reply as soon as i can.
My apologies for not being there earlier as i had an appoint with the doc to have my 2 mth's old boy's jab.

For the washing facilities, its a sad truth we faced for the past 2 years over at Toh Guan Centre.

For that matter, we heard the customer's feedback and have since purchased unit #01-13.
We have constructed a washing bay within the premises.
The washing bay will be ready by monday as the concrete is still in its curing stage.

Its just 7 days that we moved into the new place and alot of settling down is still needed.
I apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I will reply ASAP.

Thank u

Best regards,

SS TAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads