Bad Experience at Zaino Detailing Centre (First Auto Venture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Experience at Zaino Detailing Centre (First Auto Venture)

n@u9ht;603940 said:
i dun think they are very skillful. we used to diy our cars from washing to grooming and attended a few workshops, so know a thing or two about washing/grooming. what i saw at their $26 car wash was shocking. i can understand that they cant use water at their venue, so they used some steam machine thingy. since they cant rinse the car of sand and dirt, extra care should be taken during shampooing, but no... they used SPONGE to wash the car, using a bucket of dirty looking water and the guy chose to shampoo the side skirts and bumpers first, then use the same sponge for the "cleaner" parts of the car....horrendous washing techniques...if i had known their techniques beforehand, i wouldnt go even if they paid me $26..and definitely wouldnt let a groomer who induced scratches onto my car to help remove them.. just my 2 cents...

Hi n@u9ht

Indeed this issue has been pressing us for years.

Steam washing has ceased about more than a year ago.
We were not aware initially of the washing issues tog guan has until we completed our renovation and start the business.

We identified the problem and gave ourselves timeline to find another location with washing bay.

Eventually, we bought unit #01-13 and we are pleased to share with everybody that the washing bay will be in operational by this monday 10th January 2011.

Thank you

wanted to book for firstauto .. hearing this .. scare me off.

Think we should all keep clear of zaino then

powersteer;603960 said:
i agree with the findings above.

I was shocked to receive my car with the rims still covered with patches of dirt after a session. But thats not all, they broke something in my boot while doing the vacuum and received a half hearted reply that took the cake.

Hi Powersteer.

Can u PM me your good name pls?

I would like to find out more and if what u said is true, it is my responsibility to remedy the problem.

Please sms me at 97611 467 . I would like to make contact with u.

Thank you.

Zanio is a good product. my previous ride use that before ... under different groomer .. haiz .. I need to start finding again.

After reading the last few posts from SS Tay, I do feel that it is very good of them to come in and quickly address the issues raised. Steady! :)

Now that a washing bay is in place and soon to be operational, i do feel it is good news for their clients and potential clients.

I'm in no position to comment about the selling strategies adopted so no comments on that. But I do get a little paranoid sometimes on how a car should be washed... Kekeke!

Anyway, all the best to SS Tay with the new facilities!

Cheers!

TobyNik;604077 said:
After reading the last few posts from SS Tay, I do feel that it is very good of them to come in and quickly address the issues raised. Steady! :)

Now that a washing bay is in place and soon to be operational, i do feel it is good news for their clients and potential clients.

I'm in no position to comment about the selling strategies adopted so no comments on that. But I do get a little paranoid sometimes on how a car should be washed... Kekeke!

Anyway, all the best to SS Tay with the new facilities!

Cheers!

hi TobyNik

Thanks for your kind understanding.

I understand where ur coming from as i can get pretty @nal on how my car is being washed as well.

Cheers.

I was shocked to hear why suddenly so many complain on the mentioned Zaino Detailing Centre.

I will give my honest opinion on my grooming experience with them. I have done the 1st grooming with them 6 months ago, was asked if I would like to take up the yearly package. I said no cause not familiar with the product. Thats it, they never asked me again or pressurise me or whatsoever.
Came back to collect my car, was satisfied with the result on my Black E60. All swirl marks and scratches were gone and best of all, after 3 months the same good conditions still maintains. As for their services, I thought they took good care of my car inside out. I never stay to see how they wash my car though, just left my car key with them and went off.

So 3 months later, I went back again, this time round took up the yearly package with them rightaway as am now confident with the product.

Overall, am satisfied with their services. Just my 2 cents fair assessment.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to them at all and am also a customer of them just like you all.

can pm me any slot available before CNY? say next week or there after?

I still wanted to try.

In all fairness, i did my grooming recently and am fairly satisfied with the service and quality of their polishing. I went with my friend who was driving a 2 yr old white Int Type R and he's happy with it too.

Jean was not overly pushy with the packages and the guy who did my car took time to explain to me and my friend about what was done and answer our questions.

Although I did not know that they dint have a washing bay (i was not there for the process) and it worried me when I learnt they used steam cleaning, I'm glad they upgraded their facilities.

All things considered, I am happy about their service. :thumbsup:
Thats my experience

SS TAY;604067 said:
Hi n@u9ht

Indeed this issue has been pressing us for years.

Steam washing has ceased about more than a year ago.
We were not aware initially of the washing issues tog guan has until we completed our renovation and start the business.

We identified the problem and gave ourselves timeline to find another location with washing bay.

Eventually, we bought unit #01-13 and we are pleased to share with everybody that the washing bay will be in operational by this monday 10th January 2011.

Thank you

hi ss tay, very nice of you to respond. its good that you have invested more resources to get a proper washing bay, but i also suggest you conduct some training for your washing guys. as an anal diy car groomer, it was pretty shocking to see your guy washing the side skirts/bumpers and then switch over to the roof on the other side. and i feel its a very basic technique to adopt a vertical movement to wash the doors and not horizontal as i witnessed, which induces more visible scratches. and it would be good if you could get a couple of mitts for them since sponge has been known to trap dirt and scratch, or at least a microfiber cloth. it was no different from how they wash cars at petrol station for $6. since you are targeting the premium cars and also charge pretty premium prices, i suggest you pay more attention to these little but very important details. you have great marketing on the forum, thats why i chose to go to you, but i believe the techniques should be kept at a high standard as well.

interesting thread. i must say good ending too, esp. when ss tay came in proactively to remedy the situation. i do hope those "newcomers" to the forum who dropped in to give negative feedback have done so objectively.

zaino is a good product, although the applicant matters. i still trust the product although i stopped going to a "reputed" shop. many feedback were given but alas, unlike tay, the boss was not proactive so why should i be.

i am not affiliated to tay but i think he is on track. bravo zulu.

( :

Thank u everybody for all the patience.
Please bear with me while I get more findings on Mr Khoo's experience.

Have a great weekend, everybody !

n@u9ht;604146 said:
hi ss tay, very nice of you to respond. its good that you have invested more resources to get a proper washing bay, but i also suggest you conduct some training for your washing guys. as an anal diy car groomer, it was pretty shocking to see your guy washing the side skirts/bumpers and then switch over to the roof on the other side. and i feel its a very basic technique to adopt a vertical movement to wash the doors and not horizontal as i witnessed, which induces more visible scratches. and it would be good if you could get a couple of mitts for them since sponge has been known to trap dirt and scratch, or at least a microfiber cloth. it was no different from how they wash cars at petrol station for $6. since you are targeting the premium cars and also charge pretty premium prices, i suggest you pay more attention to these little but very important details. you have great marketing on the forum, thats why i chose to go to you, but i believe the techniques should be kept at a high standard as well.

Hi bro

I will keep your constructive feedback in my mind.

It is this kind of constructive genuine feedback that allow us to improve.

Thank u

wow. what a commotion.

This is far from what iive experience. I sent in my car to them. The guys are good and sincere.
Although packages were introduced to me by the ever smiley lady there without me having to ask. No complains here. Parce and parcel of business method. And i don't feel any pressure at all. It was so relax. Great environment, people and job.

In the end, i took up the package cz i thought they did very well removing all my water marks and sratches, which i paid for. I think, different people have different threshold of "sales tachniques".
But willing buyer willing seller la. Unless pay for bad service, with bad follow up, then different story.

pricewise, i did comparison and i think its priced correctly, although i would be happier if it is cheaper la! lol
ss Tay, i think u did well here. keep up the good job.

my 2 chiam.

Last edited by a moderator:

SS Tay has a great team and I'm happy with them. I will still renew my membership on my next visit as their pricing is reasonable and service is good. Keep it up guys!

pressure selling dont work....

use reverse psychology .. ai lai... mai sua

Hi bros

Was pretty taken aback by the backlash surrounding first auto as my experiences have been impeccable thus far ever since I signed up with them two years back. Always felt they were car groomers with pride and passion, and I reckon they will go the extra mile in attending to minor details such as the exhaust pipes and badges within the cabin. Likewise, the service attitude has always been sincere and prompt and I have not experienced any hard selling tactics as well. On the contrary I am probably guilty of hard bargaining on my part. :) Anyway I'd encourage fellow bros not to dismiss first auto as an option that quickly. In fact,I reckon the negativity and constructive feedback received thus far will probably spur SS and his team further in delivering quality grooming services moving forward. All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back