• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Bank sale of 12/04 X5

vd383

Maybank has a 12/04 X5 3.0L for sale. Facelifted! with sunroof. not panaromic roof

went to see. in pretty good cond except for damage to front bumper & left fender & headlight

also was repo without keys.... so need to get new keys yourself. can't open doors & check mileage & engine cond

lastly it is parallel imported. warranty till dec 06.

love to buy it but its beyongd my budget.

someone hurry call maybank & buy!

Re: Bank sale of 12/04 X5

Why don't u tell us what price the bank is looking at before we hurry down?

Bank will sell "as-is" basis. How can u tell it is good condition after all the descriptions above like bumper and headlight damage, dunno mileage, didn't even start the engine and drive it?

That is the risk you take. But I have enquired about these type of cars before and even made a number of bids (unsuccessfully) for a number of these cars. Basically, if you are fortunate enough, you will be getting cars at a good 15% discount to 'market' price which usually more than makes up for getting new keys and reparining any blemishes to the car. Reason why I was unsuccessful in bidding for these cars is the folk at the repo companies normaly have a few regular used car dealers which buy their cars. Although the bid is suppose to be a closed bid excercise, I seriously doubt that the bids are truly secret and that they will allow some of these dealers to match best bids to get the cars. Fact of life I guess...

Judging from the car condition really doubt it will be a good bye!!

BorisRS;140070 said:
That is the risk you take. But I have enquired about these type of cars before and even made a number of bids (unsuccessfully) for a number of these cars. Basically, if you are fortunate enough, you will be getting cars at a good 15% discount to 'market' price which usually more than makes up for getting new keys and reparining any blemishes to the car. Reason why I was unsuccessful in bidding for these cars is the folk at the repo companies normaly have a few regular used car dealers which buy their cars. Although the bid is suppose to be a closed bid excercise, I seriously doubt that the bids are truly secret and that they will allow some of these dealers to match best bids to get the cars. Fact of life I guess...

Agree with u Boris. If one wants to bid in bank auctions, one gotto know the in-and outs, able to make an asessment on the condition of the car juz from visual inspection (which a lay person juz does not have the skill set for) and finally, know how the bidding "works".

also... the car didnt bring the previous owner luck leh... if not wont get repo...

martmode8850;140105 said:
also... the car didnt bring the previous owner luck leh... if not wont get repo...

haha....small problem... nothing SGM 8888B will not solve!

BorisRS;140070 said:
Although the bid is suppose to be a closed bid excercise, I seriously doubt that the bids are truly secret and that they will allow some of these dealers to match best bids to get the cars. Fact of life I guess...

confirmed!
& they extended the tender just to get more $$$

BorisRS;140070 said:

confirmed!
& they extended the tender to get more $$$

imagine $148,888 for a 21 month old X5...
2 new keys = $700
Front repair = $999
happiness [if the engine is still ok...but still have warranty] = Priceless:)

No harm looking at the car and make a bid!

Btw, welcome back Jeff!!

vd383;140054 said:
Maybank has a 12/04 X5 3.0L for sale. Facelifted! with sunroof. not panaromic roof

went to see. in pretty good cond except for damage to front bumper & left fender & headlight

also was repo without keys.... so need to get new keys yourself. can't open doors & check mileage & engine cond

lastly it is parallel imported. warranty till dec 06.

love to buy it but its beyongd my budget.

someone hurry call maybank & buy!

Was this advertised on the newspapers? Couldn't find it on the classified leh.

I know of someone who paid less than $12.5k p.a. on a 04 registered X5 and not a repo car. Is this repo one cheaper?

last saturday papers.

this the reason why i never liked buying cars from dealers [sorry i can't afford a new 645CI] cos the pristine looking 645ci u see could possibly have been a repo ride, kena minor accident as well & the dealer bought it from the bank for $20000 less than what you are goona pay him
do your research and offer what you think is a good price. don't feel good - don't bid

btw there is a 745IL on bank sale as well

SAM - i've always been around........ just that can't contribute much without having a BMW. i'm not crazy over clocking record number of posts in the forum. nice to see many of the 'old' guys like yourself still so active

T6;140196 said:
I know of someone who paid less than $12.5k p.a. on a 04 registered X5 and not a repo car.
are you also saying that the market price for a 2 year old X5 is ~$12.5k or that it is a one off case??? you don't find a sucker everyday :screwedu:

T6;140196 said:
Is this repo one cheaper?
which part of BID / Tender / bank sale are u having difficulty understanding

He's just making a remark. Cool off.

vd383;140203 said:
are you also saying that the market price for a 2 year old X5 is ~$12.5k or that it is a one off case??? you don't find a sucker everyday :screwedu:

which part of BID / Tender / bank sale are u having difficulty understanding

Dude, I think I said I know of someone who bought one at $12.5k p.a. U mentioned u wld be very careful abt buying repo cars than why are u posting here asking people to hurry go buy? If u are prepared to post, than be mature enough to accept contributions from others.

T6;140429 said:
Dude, I think I said I know of someone who bought one at $12.5k p.a. U mentioned u wld be very careful abt buying repo cars than why are u posting here asking people to hurry go buy? If u are prepared to post, than be mature enough to accept contributions from others.

T6, Javiero, he's not a car dealer. Nor is he in the banking industry. He's from the Delphi forum period too. Nothing to gain from the sale just sharing. Chill.

By the way.. where and how can view the car? who can i contact ? But hear the car is PI model so who do we go for service? and warraty?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gemwinwang

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back