BBK Recommendations

Re: BBK Recommendations

louis said:
but i love my turbines... although in hindsight, i should have optioned the car with 108s instead.

I hv one set of the 108 with RFT lying rd at my tire shop. U want? 1yr old, 50 pct off new price wot say ya?

BlackStealth said:
TripeM is the man to talk to with regards to offsets!! I have used 15-12-10mm spacers for my BBK because i refuse to change my "ugly" 19 ' rims! And if you dont get proper spacers; your WILL get vibrations at certain speeds for sure! And must go for high speed rotation everytime you take off that front wheels for whatever reasons! Pain in the SSS.

Thanks dude
Yeah, cant stand ur rims. If I do hv lobang, must hook u up no matter wot:lol2:

BlackStealth said:
TripeM is the man to talk to with regards to offsets!! I have used 15-12-10mm spacers for my BBK because i refuse to change my "ugly" 19 ' rims! And if you dont get proper spacers; your WILL get vibrations at certain speeds for sure! And must go for high speed rotation everytime you take off that front wheels for whatever reasons! Pain in the SSS.

"proper" means branded? or suitable?
I was told that for the E39 M5 rims I will need min 5mm spacers. Is that correct?
Also does adding spacers mean that I'll have to change to longer lugs as well?

Thanks

TripleM said:
Thanks dude
Yeah, cant stand ur rims. If I do hv lobang, must hook u up no matter wot:lol2:

TripleM: juz ask Blackstealth go buy Wilson's Hamann PGs lah.

darkavgr said:
"proper" means branded? or suitable?
I was told that for the E39 M5 rims I will need min 5mm spacers. Is that correct?
Also does adding spacers mean that I'll have to change to longer lugs as well?

Thanks

Proper means the rims can sit in nicely onto the spacers w/o being forced n followed by screws. Not some kind of milo/ovaltine cans ones :lol2:

Typically most rims center bore hv a chamfer and that chamfer should bond well with the spacers...see this pix

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wheels/spacer_ok.jpg

and

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wheels/spacer_no.jpg

A few good brands such as Eibach, Rogue Engineering, H&R.
AC rims hv their own spacers.

Also bear in mind, the center bores of E46 and E39 are of different sizes hence the spacers used r slighlty different too despite both being 5*120 PCD

As for ur E39M5 rims. Depending on wot BBK you are goin to get but I'd think 5mm is probably sufficient if you instal APRacing or Alcon brakes and that would leave you a very thin clearance only. I'd be more comfortable to start with 10mm front and 10mm rear to maintain the ratio.

Last, when u put on spacers, u need longer lugs and usually they come as a set.

Cheers

T6 said:
TripleM: juz as Blackstealth go buy Wilson's Hamann PGs lah.

Ok that one is not a lobang coz BS himself has known bout it for months.
And yes, why not....but just too heavy...

no money to change engine oil liao, yet alone buy rims... But I think wilson's black rims on my car will look...really stealth, dude! But also attract TP :p Actually I love the CSL rims.. Actually, 18' CSL rims is best for me!

Eibach 15mm spacers damn good! But cant fit my rears....rub like hell.

Yes i like it! sitting nicely on the rear of a 320.. hahahhaha thanks to me ok else your front really looks like toot! and wheres my cd che shen?

TripleM said:
I hv one set of the 108 with RFT lying rd at my tire shop. U want? 1yr old, 50 pct off new price wot say ya?

wah...all of you are such bad influences on me... keke... will talk to you about it during next meet up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xin95net

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back