BBK size for e92

roversen

I would like to upgrage to BBK but can some1 advise me on what rotor size can I get to clear a 18inch rim for my 335i? Can the 355mm Brembo fit in?

Re: BBK size for e92

355mm clears 18s but not sure if it will clear for 335i.

Many variables... One of which, brand of wheels play a part. Some brands manufacture 18" to clear 355mm calipers. I'm not sure if Brembos will clear, APs wont clear the stock 18" wheels. You might have to refer to Brembo diagram for a clearer picture.

Hi Carcinogenic, if I am to use 355mm brembo + Advan RS rim.
Do you mean I have to contact Yokohama and Brembo distributor to check the internal diameter of the RS rim and the diameter of the rotor + caliper to see if they clears? I'm kinda new to this, my 1st BBK. Haha.

Advan RS can clear. Seen other with same setup. Good luck

roversen;684613 said:
Hi Carcinogenic, if I am to use 355mm brembo + Advan RS rim.
Do you mean I have to contact Yokohama and Brembo distributor to check the internal diameter of the RS rim and the diameter of the rotor + caliper to see if they clears? I'm kinda new to this, my 1st BBK. Haha.

355mm rotors clear 18in 100%
in fact can take up to 380mm for some rims.

U r safe

Why mine cant clear last time?

The last time i tried getting workshop to assist my installation of a pre-owned Brembo 355mm for my E90 335i stock 189style rims, it didn't clear... do you think it will clear? I was told not even with spacer... so you better check.. Let me know if otherwise. thanks.

Carcinogenic;685175 said:

Are u referring to caliper clearance with the spokes or caliper clearance with the wheel barrel?
Assuming 355mm rotors.

Because 18 in wheels should well clear 355mm rotors with all types of Calipers including Stoptech, Brembo GT, Alcon.

I m not guessing here coz I have run 18inch wheels on two of my cars and one of the rotors was 360mm!

Key to understand here is not the rim diameter issue unless it is some weird stepped up barrel surface that touches the caliper which IMO quite rare.

I remember Dre's e92 335 ran on Brembo GT with OEM wheels, can't remember which style but think was 5 spokes one. His rotors were definitely at least 355mm.

Nah i didn't need spacers... but when fitting the stock wheel, it banged against the caliper.

Then it is the stepped up barrel the culprit...
Dumb design for not being able to clear 355mm but then the BBK isn't needed anyway

Hi both, you think my stock 18" can clear for 355mm? I was not around during the installation but was told that the diameter if my stock rims didn't clear the 355mm rotor.

Or do you mean it bangs on the rims but will clear after installation and will still work?

No dude
Go test fit.
Only way to find out. No second guess here as it puzzled me that 18 don't clear 355mm ...
I hv explained above quite clearly. Only 2 possibilities...
Either caliper touches spokes of the rim OR it touches barrel wall of the rim.

Carcinogenic said:
Your 335 had no brakes?

"Always buy a car with Bonnet, Boot, Wheels & Brakes"

:dance::dance::dance:

I was told it touches the internal wall of the rims.. so can't fit..

Basket.. haha. my 335 uses my feet to stop, like Flinestone... ha...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88quest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back