BBKs LTA Non-Compliant

Re: BBKs LTA Non-Compliant

Baby1M;910633 said:
Well, if I am not wrong, BMW Performance brakes are made by Brembo :p

This is correct.. OEM by Brembo.

I just went for my 5yrs inspection at VIACOM. No problems with BBK. I suppose rumors are just that.8)

Means they have to record down stock disc rotor size for every car? Quite a lot of effort.

Actually where the rubber hits the road is where safety becomes a concern - If the LTA really plays hardball and wants an easy way to check - go for the rims & tyres.

Look at the information at the door on tyre size / profile. Then compare it against the actual tyre profile on the car. If the actual tyre information does not match the information by the tyre information by the door then they could cite this clause -

a) Every wheel of a vehicle shall be fitted with a pneumatic tyre that must be of the correct width, profile and diameter as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.

Then proceed to collect a bunch of money from you ......
tankspeed;911189 said:
Means they have to record down stock disc rotor size for every car? Quite a lot of effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenntona;910607 said:
This is just a rumour...... stops at wise men....

Precisely, this is a rumour. I wanted to hear from a first hand account but till now it's always been " my friend", 'they kena"...etc

PixelBug;910060 said:
Dun think so, since it is an optional upgrade by BMW. Just like the BMW Performance Exhaust System. For safety aspect, it is needless to say since it is designed especially for BMW cars.

E36 how? You guys don't have an issue, my options are limited...

I sent LTA a query and here goes:

Our Ref: LTA/VTL/VS/VE/F20.000.000/14679
Date : 23-Oct-2012
Tel : 1800 2255 582
Fax : 6553 5329

Dear Mr Christopher
after market brake modifications
FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20121020-0222
We refer to your email of 20 October 2012.

We would like to clarify that any modification to the braking system of a motor vehicle is not allowed, unless it is recommended / supported by the vehicle manufacturer. This is to ensure that the modification would not adversely affect the safe operation of the vehicle.

To facilitate our evaluation, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with:

a) Vehicle Registration Number, Make and Model of your vehicle;

b) Detailed information of the braking system you intend to install such as the specifications and installation procedures; and

c) Certification/test reports from the manufacturer that the proposed braking system is suitable for your vehicle.

You can forward your application and detailed information to the Vehicle Engineering Division of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 57570.

We hope the above clarifies. Should you require further clarification, please feel free to call our LTA hotline at 1800 2255582.

We thank you for writing in.

Yours sincerely

MOHAMAD ZURAIMI BIN RAHMAT
for DEPUTY DIRECTOR
VEHICLE ENGINEERING DIVISION
LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY

tks chershen for sharing

the answer seems to imply bmw performance bbk is alright but brembo is 'debatable' unless it is recommended / supported by the car manufacturer?

most bbk manufacturer indicate their product is for what model but it was never endorsed by car manufacturer right?

Last edited by a moderator:
BBKs LTA Non-Compliant

Which pretty much means that BBK have to be homologated by PML or MA if u wanna get it LTA approved.

jasonmaxima;912925 said:
Brembo brake covers FTW..... Pls PM me list of stockists what carry such items...
U get it from AutoBacs :p

hi...anyone letting go brembo kit just let me know...or perf brake bbk also...for e90

Bringing up an old thread....

what is the position now on this? I wanna larp bbk liao.

Seems like a hit and miss. I asked my insurer on this and the CSO said "yes your insurance covers your car up to Bangkok"

LTA website never say BBK is an illegal mod.

MW;961702 said:
Bringing up an old thread....

what is the position now on this? I wanna larp bbk liao.

Seems like a hit and miss. I asked my insurer on this and the CSO said "yes your insurance covers your car up to Bangkok"

But insurers will reject claims ...and all accidents WILL involve brakes!

MW said:
But insurers will reject claims ...and all accidents WILL involve brakes!

You can always claim that your car is a special super rare limited edition Yam Five with BBK as an option.

So whats this then?

chershen;912954 said:
I sent LTA a query and here goes:

Our Ref: LTA/VTL/VS/VE/F20.000.000/14679
Date : 23-Oct-2012
Tel : 1800 2255 582
Fax : 6553 5329

Dear Mr Christopher
after market brake modifications
FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20121020-0222
We refer to your email of 20 October 2012.

We would like to clarify that any modification to the braking system of a motor vehicle is not allowed, unless it is recommended / supported by the vehicle manufacturer. This is to ensure that the modification would not adversely affect the safe operation of the vehicle.

To facilitate our evaluation, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with:

a) Vehicle Registration Number, Make and Model of your vehicle;

b) Detailed information of the braking system you intend to install such as the specifications and installation procedures; and

c) Certification/test reports from the manufacturer that the proposed braking system is suitable for your vehicle.

You can forward your application and detailed information to the Vehicle Engineering Division of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 57570.

We hope the above clarifies. Should you require further clarification, please feel free to call our LTA hotline at 1800 2255582.

We thank you for writing in.

Yours sincerely

MOHAMAD ZURAIMI BIN RAHMAT
for DEPUTY DIRECTOR
VEHICLE ENGINEERING DIVISION
LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY

Please PM me which spray painter can do good job and won't fade... Most shops say won't last

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back