BBS or Breyton rims (complete newbie here)

freshie

Hey friends, complete newbie in this, so need friendly advice. Just getting my new ride (320i coupe), and wanting to change my stock 17" rims into 18"/19" rims.

Considering between BBS and Breyton, and not sure which ones to go for. Any advice between these 2 based on factors like:
1. looks
2. affordability
3. price
4. weight
5. re-sale value
6. image

If Breyton, am thinking of GTS or GTS-R in silver (or black with red trimmings??)

If BBS, am thinking of CH & CR (for 18") or CHR (for 19")

My car is black on oyster (kind of beige-y, but not beige... 2-toned i.e.black dashboards with beigy seats).

Thanks for any advice!

Re: BBS or Breyton rims (complete newbie here)

BBS ftw!!!
attachment.php

Nice :)

Clearly a newbie here. Which is which? :p

And of course, I'm sure many of you have many a GTS/GTS-R; show me some...

Last edited by a moderator:

Go for the CHR...... TripleM has it on his GT3...... gorgeous and it shows character.

Breyton a tad too common. Everyday I see 4-5 cars at my office carpark with Breyton GTS.

kenntona;622486 said:
go for the chr...... Triplem has it on his gt3...... Gorgeous and it shows character.

Breyton a tad too common. Everyday i see 4-5 cars at my office carpark with breyton gts.

+1 .......

i think your choices are in 2 different price categories...

bbs will turn more heads but will definitely cost you more $$$

dont buy expensive rims if you are thinking about re-sale. each encounter with the curb will be heart breaking

Er....Most models of Breyton are Made In China......

BBS cast Wheels - Made in Germany
BBS Forged Wheels - Made in Japan

If I change wheels again, I will go back to BBS as they are made to fit BMW settings (or measurement whatever you call it) nicely.

I used the same set of CH for 6 years without any problems.

Yes, just discovering as we speak here. Called up both shops and was indeed quite surprised by the price differential. There is a special deal going for the CH-R now, though, so am indeed tempted to go with it.

One thing though, have been on 16" all my life (yes, don't laugh), so am hesitant to go 3 notches up!

Btw, does weight play a factor at all? Why are these BBS rims that much heavier, it seems?

TobyNik;622523 said:
Er....Most models of Breyton are Made In China......

BBS cast Wheels - Made in Germany
BBS Forged Wheels - Made in Japan

If I change wheels again, I will go back to BBS as they are made to fit BMW settings (or measurement whatever you call it) nicely.

I used the same set of CH for 6 years without any problems.
PUT aside the country of origin:nehnehhh:
BBS produced a high quality product and finishing. but higher cost
Breyton used to made rim for BMW only but lately see some VW and Audi sitting on this product by cover name of BE :thinking:
if you see closely BBS finishing is lots better over the Breyton but you need to Pay a premium8)

Nice! Available in 19" for E60? How much? Where to get?

kenntona;622486 said:
Go for the CHR...... TripleM has it on his GT3...... gorgeous and it shows character.

Last edited by a moderator:

check out South East Tyre Co. 10 Kaki Bukit Rd 1 #01-20,
last check in 2010 was $4,400 for 19" CH-R staggered set (rims only)
2011 might be more expensive though :D

This is one of my favourite. Not sure of the model but is not very affordable.

BBS RE-V, forged made in Japan :thumbsup:
I guess it is at the region of $8k for a 19" set

The Guardian;622594 said:
This is one of my favourite. Not sure of the model but is not very affordable.

Give Southeast a ring. They have some sweet deals going on, incl. for the REV. New distributor on the block, so giving them a run for the money. Plus with the Euro down, this is not a bad time to shop for some new rims. :)

wt_know;622595 said:
BBS RE-V, forged made in Japan :thumbsup:
I guess it is at the region of $8k for a 19" set

Was quoted 10k without tyres for 20s.

freshie;622562 said:
Yes, just discovering as we speak here. Called up both shops and was indeed quite surprised by the price differential. There is a special deal going for the CH-R now, though, so am indeed tempted to go with it.

One thing though, have been on 16" all my life (yes, don't laugh), so am hesitant to go 3 notches up!

Btw, does weight play a factor at all? Why are these BBS rims that much heavier, it seems?

yo why not check out leong seng tyres...they have the BBS CH-R in stock.. they selling at about 950 per px(staggered)...i was pondering on the GTS and BBS CH-R too...i end up with the Breyton GTS...

toiletsiao;622792 said:
yo why not check out leong seng tyres...they have the BBS CH-R in stock.. they selling at about 950 per px(staggered)...i was pondering on the GTS and BBS CH-R too...i end up with the Breyton GTS...

The only thing is that the CH-R weighs around 13kg. Should slowly think about this.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back