BCV1 coilover or STV1 coilover

bfd

Hi,

I'm looking at lowering my ride but not into tracking. Can some kind soul pls advise me which coilover shld i get.

BCV1 : Taiwan made, ard low $1k (Bor Chuan Racing)
STV1: German made, ard low $2k

With a difference of abt $1k, i'm thinking of installing BCV1 to save my pocket but before that i hope to get some feedback from the forummer here. I do average driving with some spirited driving tats all, so i do not know if STV1 will be a bit overkill cos i dun track at all.

My ride E90 320. Thks in advance for ur kind input.

Re: BCV1 coilover or STV1 coilover

bfd;428529 said:
Hi,

I'm looking at lowering my ride but not into tracking. Can some kind soul pls advise me which coilover shld i get.

BCV1 : Taiwan made, ard low $1k
STV1: German made, ard low $2k

With a difference of abt $1k, i'm thinking of installing BCV1 to save my pocket but before that i hope to get some feedback from the forummer here. I do average driving with some spirited driving tats all, so i do not know if STV1 will be a bit overkill cos i dun track at all.

My ride E90 320. Thks in advance for ur kind input.

About $1k difference?

Last heard BC was $1.5k (not sure with install & alignment or not....)

German made ST Coilovers are much better!

kekekeke.....paiseh, I have to promote my own stuffs.....

A few bros on ST will give a better review....

Cheers

'The Great White'

Hi Wilman,

Thks for sharing ur info. However, BCV1 was indeed low $1k. Perhap due to the economy crisis now, kekeke.. In addition, in other make forum, BC was deem reliable though Taiwan made but dunno if it works well for our bimmer.

Personally my heart leaned towards STV1 but the $1k diff in price was.............. Wanted to know whick is more comfortable and not too harsh for sg road using.

Btw bro wilman, do u have KW street comfort for sale too? Can pm me the price? thks.

did use bc for my previous ride-sti.
no complain. if it perform as well with bimmer ..... i think i'll go for it again
cheers

Hi bfd,

I got the ST coilover from Wilson for E46. I was on m-tech spring and shocks. My car is lowered to 2 fingers all around, with alignment ( so much better handling and steering response )

First impression: Cornering much better than m-tech (this part i enjoy most). Harshness is less than m-tech on road imperfections. Someone at the installation workshop told me that ST coilover has a smaller/closer spring so more strength than m-tech. But m-tech is one of the stronger shock. If very strong spring and shocks, then not so streetable.

However, the car is quite bouncy especially over carpark humps if the speed is not slow enough. After 500km, the suspension seems to settle-in (less bouncy). Will give more review when its 1-2k km.

Maybe lowering further to 1 finger rear and 1.5 finger front.

Hi Sam,

Realli appreciate ur detailed FR..

If the suspension are bouncy, I think its due to the softer shocks mated to the spring. I guess it shoudn't felt that way when STV1 come as a set and not mix-and-match. BTW, how does the bouncy feel compare to stock?(If u can still remember, haha)

Lastly, do u install sway/antiroll-bar too? H&R?

Thks :)

You are welcome, bfd.

As for the bouncy feel on the road, its quite ok compared to m-tech. Yesterday i was driving along mandai road (thomson to woodlands) to and fro, certain stretch of return route were many road bumps/imperfections, the car took them quite well. Car was loaded with 4 adults including driver. If i can recall for m-tech on the same trip, it about the same.

Personally, i feel the only main difference is when they hit the bigger bumps on roads, the m-tech will be harsher, while the ST will be bouncy. My wife dont feel the difference, she just commented that sport suspension is like that one...my wife was chatting with her sister behind

I am on m-tech stock ARB, still considering others.. very tempted to do the hotchkis... The ST coilover is taking the cornering well but can be better with thicker ARB.

I think there are a couple of E90 with ST coilover, you can check out with them too. They should be able to give you more relevant feedback since you guys are on the same platform.

Cheers..

very tempt to change my m-sport coilover tooo.
hiaz......bo $$

niuzai;430187 said:
very tempt to change my m-sport coilover tooo.
hiaz......bo $$

Your M-sports is not Coilovers lah!!!

Haiz.....

'The Great White'

bfd;430978 said:
So niuzai,

u lowered ur ride alr? any fr?

not yet .
my rim giving me problem now.
rub my fender.
went LIMTAN today to roll it but they say cant help much .....must knock it wider....hiaz
yah they are right. small bump no problem le but big one still kana lor
sad........ my rear offset 8.5.... my rim tooo 8.5
dont understand

niuzai;431003 said:
not yet .
rub my fender.
went LIMTAN today to roll it but they say cant help much .....must knock it wider....hiaz
dont understand

It's the rim offset lah!

Too aggressive offset will rub no matter what!

1 series safest offset is +40 or +43.

'The Great White'

8.5j is the width..not the offset

marklee;431356 said:
8.5j is the width..not the offset

We all know that!!

I'm telling him that his offset is too aggressive, nothing to do with the width of the rims. 8.5J is fine & will never rub, if offset is too aggressive, 7.5J will still rub.

'The Great White'

Chill dude. I was referring to his comment "sad........ my rear offset 8.5.... my rim tooo 8.5", so I was just correcting that statement.

marklee;431476 said:
Chill dude. I was referring to his comment "sad........ my rear offset 8.5.... my rim tooo 8.5", so I was just correcting that statement.

Cool!

It's good to "quote" his comments then other's will know you're replying to him.

:laughlik:

'The Great White'

niuzai;431003 said:
not yet .
rub my fender.
dont understand
so next time you buy rim/tyre must ask the shop is it normal to rub mud guard or inside,otherwise every body will end up like you.
aggresive offset only make it looks aggresive but does not meant will sure rub fender.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back