Been driving for 2 months after changing rims. Car vibrates when passes 100Km/hr

eetee

Any recommendation what i should do?
Went back to the shop and they said is high speed balancing.
They remove and did some wheels rotation and then put them back.
Works for the first week (as i seldom drive > 100Km).
Did >100Km today while rushing for an appointment and the car vibrates like a motor boat!

Re: Been driving for 2 months after changing rims. Car vibrates when passes 100Km/hr

Your rims hub centric ?

Re: Been driving for 2 months after changing rims. Car vibrates when passes 100Km/hr

I think they miss out 1 part when screwing back the rims. My friend civic also got this problem. The tyre shop insert a pcs of plastic thingy I think is between the surface where the rims and the part where the bolts are.

Pardon my lack of knowledge here... i changed to breyton gts, should be hub centric i think

eetee;1015884 said:
Pardon my lack of knowledge here... i changed to breyton gts, should be hub centric i think

why not go back to tyre shop let them drive and feel the vibration? so as to solve it?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Maybe they forgot to put the central ring(s)?

Experienced that too. Found the control arms was damaged. Mine was the front lower.

Later I changed all the others plus shocks and now peace of mind.

Until the next fault that is.....

Visit Stamford Tyre for wheel checks. They are wheel expert.

Check the easy possibilities first ...... Are the centre rings there ?

I have seen Breytons that are not hub centric.

eetee said:
Did >100Km today while rushing for an appointment and the car vibrates like a motor boat!

Focus on what was changed.

Go back to the tyre shop where you changed the wheels. Query them.

If the problem is high speed balancing, they should have done it right the first time. Exercise your Buddha Palm and bang table until it is done right. Do not pay for this rectification.

If the problem is hub-centricity, request the shop to add the hub rings (as attached). They should have been installed during installation had they know that the wheels are not hub-centric. Buddha Palm or Mr Nice Customer, you decide. If they zi-dong, they will rectify this FOC.

If it is neither of the problems, it could well be the bushings, but that should mean that your wheels vibrate at low speeds too.

How the hub ring looks like...............

i only buy wheel that its "center bore" is designed for the car make/model

if the new rims are not hub centric, vibration of the steering will already happen if driven > 80km\h. as what ken mentioned, please go back and check with the shop. it might be a human balancing error as the worker might not have change the rim size setting before balancing. the weight distribution placed might be for a different rim size

Bot a set of china 19" Breyton gts couple yrs back, vibrate above 140, after all checks which includes changing back stock rims ,n drive is smooth as ever ,final conclusion =structure fault in the rims....LST was NOT surprised at all, change immediately . Sorry to say that these rims r built for looks only, if u noe what I mean .

thanks folks. really appreciate all the constructive comments and advice.
I'll go back to the shop asap.
Will let you all know the outcome soon.

RayS? they r breyton expert. if they dunno...then u humji leow. buy volks racing

eetee;1015881 said:

Is spacer used with the rim?
I have this problem before with spacer added to Breyton rims.
Problem solved by replacing the rims without spacer.
Sometime the spacers is not align to the wheel and rims hub.

Do check the tyres as well. Expired tyres tend to harden at certain surface & ribs which in turn will cause off-balancing. Easiest & first to check is the production date. Best estimate is no older than 4-5yrs. If possible, try balancing the rims without the tyres installed to see how much off-balancing it is causing. I've known of many branded rims out there are rejected production stocks. If any rim is more than 50g off-balanced from new means its a confirmed reject.

maybe rim badly made ?
swop the rear rims to the front.

Where is this nice shop that u bot your rims from?
If before changing u don't have this problem, then it's likely wheels and not bushings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winofficial

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back