Beside COE

Tanzy

Legendary 10 Years
Cash on hand, loan rates, OMV/PARF, GST, insurance and road tax.

Infected by your Maki Goto craze...... But she's not a nihon-jin.

Cute look.

Worry not, bro. The costs of ownership is getting lower and lower.

But you should be worried on the modding costs, which cannot be financed......

Hahaha......

piggysnail said:
where can i find the rates of cost of ownership?

Lower how much?
Bro, how old are you ahhh? How come you ask all these funny questions abt owning cars??... No offence but most of these info can be found in magazines, newspaper articles etc etc.. :uhhh:

Tanzy said:
Who is that girl? Nice smile. :inlove:
[OT]She's Aida Yua[/OT]

piggysnail
Another minute factor to consider is perhaps the length of ownership, i.e. how long you intend to keep the car before selling.

A rough indication of the price reduction due to, 1) drop in COE prices & 2) drop in parf-rebate calculations would be in the region of 10-15% for more popular japanese car models (e.g. civic, lancer, sunny, corolla) - excluding temporary inflations due to new model launches.

A brand lancer/corolla/sunny which was going for around $75K a year before could be selling for $10K less today (also brand new) - solely due to the rebate structure and lower COE. (this is a rough example).

my 2 cents.

kenntona said:
Infected by your Maki Goto craze...... But she's not a nihon-jin.

Cute look.

If all your friends look that good, I promise you unlimited supply of nuggets.

:drool:

Puny said:
Tanzy said:
[OT]She's Aida Yua[/OT]

[OT]Damn it, Alvin. I swear I do not know that she is that famous until I googled minutes ago......[OT]

SMYUEN said:
If all your friends look that good, I promise you unlimited supply of nuggets.

[OT]If all my friends look that good, I wouldn't have time for nuggets......[OT]

kenntona said:
[OT]Damn it, Alvin. I swear I do not know that she is that famous until I googled minutes ago......[OT]
[OT]She's not that famous.. It's just that... hmmm.. (did I just blow my cover? :oops: )[/OT]

piggysnail
Despite the information available, it's sometimes hard to visualise the calculations on paper alone. Keep your options open, and try visiting some new and second-hand car dealerships.

They will let you know the costs involved and the upfront deposit, monthly repayment required. Also, for used cars, transfer fees are mandatory and usually pegged on top of the quoted prices.

kenntona said:
Puny said:
Tanzy said:
[OT]She's Aida Yua[/OT]

[OT] DAMNED IT, YOU ARE RIGHT! SHE IS FAMOUS! [OT]

One last thing....

Regardless of where you go to, the sales executive (SE) will most probably be holding a calculator and pumping out the numbers, giving you the sum you need to pay monthly.

In order not to be thoroughly confused, what you need to know is,

Principle + Interest = Full Amount

Interest calculations are based on flat rates.
This means, (No. of Years X Interest Rate X Loan Amt.) = Total interest.

If you take a $100,000 loan over 7 years @ 2%,
You're incurring 14.0% x 100,000 = $114,000 to fully pay up the loan in 7 years over equal monthly payments.

Downpayment

In addition to the monthly repayment, a downpayment is needed and to sum it all up, it usually includes the following:

1) Lump/Deposit (whatever excess amount not loaned)
2) First installment (note: all repayments are paid upfront)
3) Insurance
4) Transfer fee (only for 2nd hand cars)

Cheers.

Puny said:
One last thing....

Regardless of where you go to, the sales executive (SE) will most probably be holding a calculator and pumping out the numbers, giving you the sum you need to pay monthly.

In order not to be thoroughly confused, what you need to know is,

Principle + Interest = Full Amount

Interest calculations are based on flat rates.
This means, (No. of Years X Interest Rate X Loan Amt.) = Total interest.

You're incurring 15.4% x 100,000 = $115,400 to fully pay up the loan in 7 years over equal monthly payments.

Downpayment

In addition to the monthly repayment, a downpayment is needed and to sum it all up, it usually includes the following:

1) Lump/Deposit (whatever excess amount not loaned)
2) First installment (note: all repayments are paid upfront)
3) Insurance
4) Transfer fee (only for 2nd hand cars)

Cheers.
You sound like a dealer...

MW said:
You sound like a dealer...
I had to do quite a bit of comparison (6 months) before I could commit when I was searching for my car, thus the long windedness. kekeke...

Puny said:
One last thing....

You're incurring 15.4% x 100,000 = $115,400 to fully pay up the loan in 7 years over equal monthly payments.

Alvin,
For flat rate, 2% x loan amount 100K = 2K.
So over 7 years, total interest payable = 2 x 7 = 14K
Interest + principal will then be = 14K + 100K = 114K (or $1,357 / month)
Did I miss something here?

Piggysnail,
One more thing to consider, for goods valued (in case of car, excluding COE) more than SGD$55K, loan applicant has to sign a loan agreement under Common Law (not Act). This means additional prepayment penalty (typically 20% of interest rebate) in additional to regular ruling of Rule 78.

Cheers!
Edwin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk888live
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back