Best tire for the 3 series?

kkwek01

Hi
I have a 3.18i, 17 inch rim, now using Conti Sport Contact but have to change my tires soon.... Wonder what peoples' experiences are for
- Goodyear Revspec
- Michelin Pilot Preceda
- Conti Sport Contact 2
- Bridgestone...
I value a quiet ride and secondarily the best grip there is....any tips/views?

Tks!
Kevin

Re: Best tire for the 3 series?

heard the new CS2 r good...also the goodyear F1 seems to have a good compromise of both worlds too. me? i luv the PS2s....

some bros commonly use SO3, PS2, Eagle F1.

It all depends on your budget as the above tyres can be expensive. :)

Very good experience with Eagle F1's.

Great grip in dry and wet, quiet and comfy too. Not to mention it looks very fierce...

would recommend Eagle F1 or PS2..... maybe can try out bridgestone potenza RE050, new in the mkt...

egale F1 is NOT quite.

If budget isnt an issue, get Michelin PS2.
else, go for either Bridgestone SO-2A (very light n grippy n reasonably quiet) or RE050 ( quiet, comfortable and quite grippy too)

I am using CSC2 on 18" (cost $550 per tire). I like two things abt this tire, 1) it is made is Germany 2) The thread pattern. However, the latest Eurotuner mag ranks Eagle F1 the best wet tire and overall winner. PS2 rank second, losing out on turn-in or grip (hard to control once it lost traction).

one thing to take note for Eagle F1 is that iy's not suitable for Track usage, does not perform up to the standard as on normal road condition... :chinese:

I would go with PS2 anytime. I tried SO-3 before, however, I feel PS2 is a much better tire. Like the grip on the road and it is responsive. have not tried F1. however, if you look at the details of the individual criteria on tirerack, PS2 actually scores higher than F1 in term of dry road.

Agree. PS2 is definitely better. The F1 is no where near it.
Was on the track once with the F1 and it got burned down. The PS2 a friend had on was still intact.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay.

really liked the Contis Premium contacts .... are they still selling the S-02 (tot they are phased out) ...what happened to the Pzeros? arent they supposed to be really good?

I was just browsing through the tirerack website then i realise the rating for threadwear is higher for the Eagle F1 GS-D3 vs stock Bridgestone Turanza ER30 currently on my car. A rating of 8.0 and 5.9.

Does this mean that the F1s are able to last longer compared to the bridgestones? I always thought that Performance tires are not as lasting as these touring tires. Anyone can help? Thanks..

Hi xuexun..just some advice on the ER30 you're on right now...tnot good in the dry and theyre really dangerous in the wet...have personally used them (OEM with 318 last time) and had a few close encounters..one particularly memorable one was a 3-lane skid at newton circus when it just started drizzling for say half a minute..??? and i was definitely not going fast..prob 50 or 60 max..

just so you know...hope it helps!!

wow, didn't know it was that bad... i didn't experience much skid except for twice or thrice, when i jam brakes and i felt the DSC cutting in to help.. Ok, will keep that in mind. I'm on the ER30 for more then 55,000km already. Will change out for something else real soon.

they have PS2 in 17 in. Just got Fr 225X45 and Rear 245X40 from Leong Seng. Just breaking them in. So far ride is better thanPS1 and SO-3.
Cheers

lecabrio said:
they have PS2 in 17 in. Just got Fr 225X45 and Rear 245X40 from Leong Seng. Just breaking them in. So far ride is better thanPS1 and SO-3.
Cheers

Hi !

Is the comfort level of PS2 much better than SO3?

I am currently using SO3 for 17" damn bumpy and uncomfortable but so far the grip is very good :)

BMWSILVER said:
Hi !

It the comfort level of PS2 much better than SO3?

I am currently using SO3 for 17" damn bumpy and uncomfortable but so far the grip is very good :)

BMWSILVER, yes, I found that PS2 is better than SO3. I used both on 17" 225/45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back