best type of solar film for bmw

Azarael

hi guys. Just want your opinion. PML tries hard to push their RIke Cool ultimate package which is about 600 plus bucks.
also i do park sometimes in the hot sun on some days
i would like some tiniting when driving down the super bright and hot expressways.

some of friends tell me not to waste money, just get sunglasses or put up shades in the car when u park. Some other friends insist that 3M makes the best type.

Any experiences on good solar film that won't flunk LTA inspections at the 3rd year and yet are reasonably priced ? 8)

Re: best type of solar film for bmw

look for towkay sherman of infratint.
ask for the legal ones where the car won't get hot inside.
just try not to be tempted by his dark evil ones....haha

Yes, Infratint !!!

Azarael;667747 said:
hi guys. Just want your opinion. PML tries hard to push their RIke Cool ultimate package which is about 600 plus bucks.
i would like some tiniting when driving down the super bright and hot expressways.

some of friends tell me not to waste money, just get sunglasses or put up shades in the car when u park. Some other friends insist that 3M makes the best type.

Any experiences on good solar film that won't flunk LTA inspections at the 3rd year and yet are reasonably priced ? 8)

Obviously ur frens have not sat in cars tat hav UV films! Tis is never a waste of $$. The difference between havin and not havin is almost heaven and earth. While the film cant really do much if u park under the sun in a prolonged duration, but while ur not, the films can really keep the temp within ur cabin down, not to mention it can also help prolong the longevity of ur gadgets, electronic, leather etc in ur cabin! Best acid test is to drive 2 cars under hot sun, one with film and the other without. u can really feel the scorch on ur arms on the ride without the film + cabin temp heats up much faster......IMHO, UV film are one of the most bang for buck 'mod'.

As for brands...thers so mani in the market, i would say they are pretty much undifferentiated....jus choose one reputable brand + within ur budget, lidat can liao...:laughlik:

infratint. cheap and good

Rike Cool is crap and low quality. Don't agree to them. For the same price, Sherman (infratint) can give you something much better.

Azarael;667747 said:

Thought PML's tie up is with 3M for solar film. Got mine included with the car from SE. They have 2 types - regular and platinium. The latter comes in one uniformed shade for whole car but offers better solar protection. The former apparently has a darker shade for rear Windows. I used Huper in Previous car which I thought was less efficient in keeping car cool in the sun compared to 3M.

thanks guys, i heard a lot of good things about 3m, my friend with another bimmer is also keen to get some film. I guess we will do a group buy. hopefully can get better price with 2 cars. i will do some more research as well as check out infratint and absolute and some others

Azarael;668082 said:
thanks guys, i heard a lot of good things about 3m, my friend with another bimmer is also keen to get some film. I guess we will do a group buy. hopefully can get better price with 2 cars. i will do some more research as well as check out infratint and absolute and some others

My ride is oso on 3M and luvin it. Ive always been a supporter of 3M products. In any case, my previous 2 ride are on Cool n Lite, imo also veri value for $$ :chinese:

Using 3M for about 2 months. Noticed tendency to have "dirt, oily-looking halo" streaks on the side windows after you wind up/down windows. Streaks are visible against strong light. Any 3M users experience this?

I am on 3M, probably my SE gave me the normal regular grade type. The rear passenger windows are on darker films and the front windows are on clear film. My feedback so far is that I feel the heat rejection is not very good. I can still feel some heat when my hands are on the steering wheel while stopping at the traffic light. It also takes a long time to cool down the car when I parked under sun.

I also am looking around and considering to change to higher grade 3M solar film or another brand like Vkool, Infratint or TintsyCool...

elginlye;669479 said:
Using 3M for about 2 months. Noticed tendency to have "dirt, oily-looking halo" streaks on the side windows after you wind up/down windows. Streaks are visible against strong light. Any 3M users experience this?

same same here...... but its no big deal for me lah

OptimusWKY;669518 said:
I am on 3M, probably my SE gave me the normal regular grade type. The rear passenger windows are on darker films and the front windows are on clear film. My feedback so far is that I feel the heat rejection is not very good. I can still feel some heat when my hands are on the steering wheel while stopping at the traffic light. It also takes a long time to cool down the car when I parked under sun.

I also am looking around and considering to change to higher grade 3M solar film or another brand like Vkool, Infratint or TintsyCool...

When you register online your warranty, you will know the grade of film installed.

elginlye;669479 said:

I have the 3M crystalline on my car for more than 2 years, and find the heat rejection good and don't have this problem. Maybe can check with your installer? From specs given on website, 3M crystalline had the best specs 2 years ago, compared to other films.

Azarael;667747 said:

You can seek second opinion to compare quality and price. I got mine from infra tint at trade hub 21. Pretty good workmanship!

Infratint.... I heard next week got National Day package deal... 46% discount izzit?

Must have some respect for the country.

MapleLeaf;669897 said:
Infratint.... I heard next week got National Day package deal... 46% discount izzit?

Must have some respect for the country.

Starting from today, Infratint will charge 46% MORE till 09/08/2011. The funds raised will be contribution towards nation community.

Thanks you for your contribution.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back