• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Beware of PI Hua Yang!!!

branlye

Hi,

I would like to share this piece of information here, some bad experience that I’ve encountered with Car Dealers. All this while, I do not have any good impression with car dealers. Irregardless whether referring to big authorised dealers in Alexandra, Ubi, etc..., not to mention those smaller scales ones, they're worse!! Only they can 'makan people', it’s not that we wanna 'makan' them, they do not honour what they offered.

With my recent experience with Hua Yang, I've lost confidence & trust with car dealers entirely. This particular Hua Yang did not honour their words, even with writing. I went down to HY Turf City, the SE quoted me a price to take in my present car. Later, when I decided to confirm the deal, he called me & say he quoted wrongly, after consulting his manager. WTF, the difference is so big, the fugure was more than $12,000!!!, compared to their so-called 'revised' offer.

Hua Yang is big company/organisation, SO WHAT! The bigger it is, the worse it will be. Maybe some HY people will read this article too, well, I'm not afraid even they come back to challenge me.

I'm in the midst of writing an 'beautiful' article about this incident to CASE & the ST's Forum, we'll see who will lose more. I can provide the so-called written note, plus a voice recording of the conversation of the initial agreed deal. (*pai-seh, I've never have confidence & trust in car dealers all this while, so I've to resort to that).

Pardon me for my grumbling & unleashing of anger here, it's just sharing of my bad experience with this particular PI. Do be cautious when you’re dealing with Car Dealers, I think its better to have them to write down what they said or offer, with their signature & company stamp. Yes, it may not look nice this way, but I feel its better to cover ourselves from the start, rather to KBKB later on.

Cheers... & enjoy your ride.

Regards

Re: Beware of PI Hua Yang!!!

Well bro, maybe he really made a mistake and gave u a wrong quote?
At least he's honest enough to let u know before u sign the agreement.

I know how "TL" it is to you but did you query why there is a $12k before/after ? What was their explanation, care to elaborate? Did HY say anything other than just 'mistake' or wrong calculation. I would get my fact 101% correct before I go to CASE. I also cannot stand dishonesty but I ve also come to learn that if we get our story wrong, it can get worse if it back fires. I have no dealing with HY but out of 10 people I spoke to who bought TOYOTA WISH, almost 8 to 9 bot from HY. My colleague bot one WISH, they also gave him a lot of freebies. He was so impressed now hes talking on the TOYOTA WISH forum and advising everybody to get from HY. Maybe you bump into a black sheep?

I believe taped voice recordings is illegal & cannot be used for Court evidence?
Hope ur case get settled amicably.

javiero said:
Well bro, maybe he really made a mistake and gave u a wrong quote?
At least he's honest enough to let u know before u sign the agreement.

Yes javeiro, do you think they will allow us, as consumers, to back out, do not honour our words in writing, call off the deal, etc..., if we can find a cheaper deal elsewhere? Definately NO, right? What if I've committed a new car from them, it'll be nightmare..

Of course, if I have made my way down to their office, then they tell me, I don't think I'll be doing this much, I think I'll bang the table & make a scene there.

Regards

Ahbengdriver said:
I know how "TL" it is to you but did you query why there is a $12k before/after ? What was their explanation, care to elaborate? Did HY say anything other than just 'mistake' or wrong calculation. I would get my fact 101% correct before I go to CASE. I also cannot stand dishonesty but I ve also come to learn that if we get our story wrong, it can get worse if it back fires. I have no dealing with HY but out of 10 people I spoke to who bought TOYOTA WISH, almost 8 to 9 bot from HY. My colleague bot one WISH, they also gave him a lot of freebies. He was so impressed now hes talking on the TOYOTA WISH forum and advising everybody to get from HY. Maybe you bump into a black sheep?

Hi Ahbengdriver,

The difference is alomost $12K before/after, the reason he gave was 'Sorry, I heard wrongly'..
Like the recent G*#^z, "Sorry not enough, sorry also must explain"! Hehe, just a joke here. To be frank, the price of the car that I fancied, differed with a subtraction of almost 4-5K within merely 2 days. Do you think the dealers will return me the difference, out of good faith? I don't think so, I'll appreciate if they can rebate 50% of the difference, I'm sure they'll go the toilet & laugh their hearts out!

Regards

eric3417 said:
I believe taped voice recordings is illegal & cannot be used for Court evidence?
Hope ur case get settled amicably.

Hi eric3417,

Yes eric3417, I'm aware that voice recording is not submissible in court. The reason behind, such case will be a 50/50, cos I'll be speaking on my side of story, the dealers will do tha same too. The recording is just to prove that I'm speaking the the truth, to support my version of unhappiness, to the journalist of ST Forum.

Anyway, I thank you for your kind reminder. Cheers...

Regards

I can understand ur anger but since u didnt lose anything now, there's no point to get so upset right?

I've had a friend that paid SGD3k deposit for a Honda Odyssey Absolute and the SE promised him a SGD13k COE. In the end it turns out to be a SGD11k COE. My friend rejected and demand the SE to give him what he had promised. In the end, it didnt happen and my friend had to go to the Small Claims Tribunal and CASE to report the issue. However, the Small Claims Tribunal rejected his case as they looked at the full sum of the commodity (In this scenario, being the car) which is over the tribunal's maximum amount of SGD9,999 and not the SGD3k deposit. In the end, he had to go to his lawyer. Sadder case isn't it?

Anyway, this is life. At times, shit does come ur way. Its only a matter of how u gonna dodge it or be more optimistic and brush it off.

Peace.

javiero said:
I can understand ur anger but since u didnt lose anything now, there's no point to get so upset right?

I've had a friend that paid SGD3k deposit for a Honda Odyssey Absolute and the SE promised him a SGD13k COE. In the end it turns out to be a SGD11k COE. My friend rejected and demand the SE to give him what he had promised. In the end, it didnt happen and my friend had to go to the Small Claims Tribunal and CASE to report the issue. However, the Small Claims Tribunal rejected his case as they looked at the full sum of the commodity (In this scenario, being the car) which is over the tribunal's maximum amount of SGD9,999 and not the SGD3k deposit. In the end, he had to go to his lawyer. Sadder case isn't it?

Anyway, this is life. At times, shit does come ur way. Its only a matter of how u gonna dodge it or be more optimistic and brush it off.

Peace.

Hi javiero,

Not a bit of fire here, I'm merely trying to warn the bimmers here to be cautious when dealing with car dealers. I understand that its very tedious to go through CASE & Small Claim Tribunal.

Just be careful, get everything said or promised to be written on paper.

Regards

Thats right mate. Chill ya? :)

branlye said:
Hi javiero,

Not a bit of fire here, I'm merely trying to warn the bimmers here to be cautious when dealing with car dealers. I understand that its very tedious to go through CASE & Small Claim Tribunal.

Regards

No point wasting time over such cases, that's why this forum is good where you can deal direct with the buyer/seller and agree upon the deals.

Good luck to your car shopping!

branlye said:
Hi javiero,

Regards

Thanks and dont worry, we are all very cautious when dealing with the one and only BMW agent here :laughlik: Despite all the not so good things said, I do have some nice experiences with some PML staffs

Tks very much for the pointing out HY. When there is a complaint, there is a problem. I will be careful in my future dealings with them (if any).

HY, like any other PI or dealers are known for such tricks la... jus need to be careful when dealing with them, if you even wan to ever deal with them.

I mean, jus look at the papers when they advertise for special offers.... price quoted in the advert is for $90,000 and when you get there, they tell you that you got to pay this and pay that and end up? price is closer to $100,000.

Used car prices, expect the same. Some can give you more up front for your used car, but be prepared to pay more for your new ride. They will earn less from one to suck more from the other.

Such is the trade.

Btw, going to ST-forum won't help. Unless you are writing in about a hot topic, you will probably not get your letter published. As for CASE or SCT, be prepared for a lot of red tape. Personally, i think that its even more frustrating.

Hi all,

just to share my not so pleasant experience with a dealer located along beach rd near a hotel....
i offer a price for the E60 and in the end after confirming my asking price, he add on another 5k citing reason it's for the deposit. Unbelievable but such thing can happened!

for bro out there buying car from dealer, it won't take you too long to realise that the used car(compare apple to apple) price quoted by dealer are more or less in the region. Of cse there are some asking ridiculous price hoping to fish a big time sucker. Most often, this car is unsaleable for a period of time unless you catch the hook.

In addition to car price, on dealer sale pitch take it with a pinch of salt. I happen to know the history of a particular car and dealer quoted it as a owner 2nd car. Upon hearing it's owner 2nd car, we often perceive the car to be under utilised and as such problem free. The truth is this is not the owner 2nd car. Do i need to elaborate more?

It's a free market out there, so buyers beware.

I agree with the advert on low car prices on newspapers. But sometimes one had to to think that when he wants to buy a car and they realise the prices has gone down a great deal or known special offers. With not much varies on the COE! Is it possible? So those who actually believes that the car is so dirt cheap will go to the showroom and realise that its not! So is the buyer stupid?! Or the dealers are smart to bluff one down to their place making u think that the prices are really cheap! Well i think not only cars trade do that. Basically every trade does that. E.g. 1st 100 customers buy the product(like palsma TV) at half price! Will u go and buy the product? And when u reached there. People will tell u sold out or this and that stuff. Well i think is marketing strategies. Monkey see monkey do.... Hur....

Cheers...

Juz to share something....recently checking out prices for SLK. CnC list price is 196+k. A couple of PIs advertise theirs @ 170+k...sounds reasonable right, since PI is supposed to be cheaper than agent. Upon calling then I found out that 170k+ is only with full loan. WIthout loan its 180++k, which is like less than 10% cheaper than CnC.

Given the basic cost of bring this car in is no more than 150k (OMV abt 50+k), my conclusion is PI are also out to milk us n make a killing instead of offering a genuine cheaper alternative.

A relative of mine recently got her SLK280 for $207k+ from the agent. No loan.

Yeah, its thereabouts since its listed @ $210888.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iqlancesolutions
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back