• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Beware of this Seller: titansilver

dreammaker

I need to warn the brothers here against this dishonest seller - titansilver :angry: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I am very new to the forum and recently started looking for a set of 17" rims for my E90 320 in this part of the forum. I came across titansilver selling his sets of rims. I sms my interest to his number 9864XXXX. He goes by the name of ERIC. We agree to meet up on Monday evening near his place - Blk 304 Bukit Batok Street 31 ( he said he stayed at level 2). As it was my first time buying rims, I was a bit apprehensive but I saw a friendly guy standing next to a set of 4 rims and tires all stack up waiting for me as I parked my car next to the block. The tires (CSC 2) and rims on top of the stack looks to be in very good condition. I asked ERIC if these setup can fit my car and he said no problem as he has checked with Performance Motor. He told me that these rims and tires are very new and has gotten only 8,000km. The tires do not have all similar thread pattern but 2 of each are the same. ERIC is quite smart, he stack the 2 same patterns together and told me that the top 2 (same pattern) are for the front and the bottom 2(same pattern) are for the rear. In my head, I was thinking, if front and back are not the same pattern, it does not matter and did not check closely :oops: . Anyway...light was not too dim as it was night. I asked ERIC if there are anything else I need to look out for as it was my first time buying rims for my car. He told me not to worry as the set are in mint condition. When asked if any kurb rash, he assure me don't have....and told me that he will sell it to me at $880 at a great loss and that a new set cost over $3600 with tires :woowooo: When asked why he sell so "CHEAP" he said ....my loss your gain....:lol2:

I told ERIC that I am interested but cannot buy on that day because I only have time for installation on Thursday morning and my boot is half full and will get from him on Wednesday. He seems quite desperate to sell and told me might as well get it today and gave me ideas on how to carry it (2 in boot and 2 in back seat). I finally decided to buy it that night thinking that it was a good deal. I bought the rims and tires and brought it to my parent's place as they stay on the ground floor while I stay on high rise apartment and did not inspect it further.

Yesterday morning (15 May) , I brought the rims and tires to the shop to get it changed. The first comment from the guy was "Your left and right not the same." I told the guy confidently that it is the front and back different pattern only. He then showed me that left side front and back are CSC with older rims while right side front and back are CSC2 with newer rims :yikess: :yikess: :yikess: The guy told me most likely ERIC had crashed the car on the right and damaged the 2 right wheels and got it replaced. Since CSC are no longer in production, ERIC has to get CSC 2

I immediately called ERIC a couple of times but he did not pick up :furious: . I left him a few messages asking him why he was not truthful and ask him to get back to me but there was no reply. :furious: I believe that he has the intent to cheat and found an ignorant buyer :oops: and will never return any call.

I have to leave the set of wheels in the shop as the tires are almost useless and dangerous to use on the road. I will have to spend another $1,000 to get 4 new tires of the same pattern. Now headache and don't know whether to sell the rims cheaply or get new tires......:(

I guess there is nothing I can do but just take this as a $880 lesson since this CHEAT - ERIC (aka titansilver) refuse to answer any phone calls or reply any SMS.

After searching the forum, I discovered that he has been trying to sell these since 13 Feb 2007. All this time, the information given was not consistent.

13 Feb 2007
2 Front 225/45R17 + continental CSC2 tyre &
2 Rear 245/40R17 + continental CSC2 tyre
Used for less than 6000km and minor scatches. 4 Rims +4 tyres :$1600

31 Mar 2007 (wonder what happened to the CSC2?)
2 Front 225/45R17 + continental CSC tyre &
2 Rear 245/40R17 + continental CSC tyre
Used on my E46 for 10000km and minor scatches. Can be reconditioned. 4 Rims + 4...

4 Jun 2007
2 Front 225/45R17 + continental CSC tyres &
2 Rear 245/40R17 + continental CSC tyres
Used for 9000km and still good condition. 4 Rims + 4 continental tyres.

14 Sep 2007
Front 225/45R17 + continental CSC tyres
Rear 245/40R17 + continental CSC tyres
Used for less than 10000km. 4 Rims + 4 tyres in excellent condition.

6 Nov 2007
Used for 9000km and still good condition. 4 Rims + 4 continental tyres.

19 Nov 2007
Used for less than 10000km and still good condition. 4 Rims + 4 continental tyres....

4 May 2008
Front 225/45R17 + continental CSC tyres
Rear 245/40R17 + continental CSC tyres
Used for less than 8000km.
4 Rims + 4 tyres in mint condition.

You can see how the tires mileage advertised can fluctuate from 6k to 10k then to 9k and then to 10k and finally to 8k. All these while he claims that his tires are not used.

I know I very suay to meet a cheat like him but others as newbie as me should not have to suffer like this. :( Please take note of his details and beware when dealing with him in future as he might appear in this forum with another Nick.

Nick: titansilver
Name: ERIC
Mobile: 9864XXXX
Car: BMW E46 318 sports version (bought end 2005)
Colour of Car: Silver
Rims and tires: 18" staggered
Address: Blk 304 Bukit Batok Street 31

If any brother know this ERIC, do let him know that what goes around comes around. This time, it is just $880 for me. The next time someone will cheat him even more.

Re: Beware of this Seller: titansilver

There are lots of dishonest ppl in this world.
Thanks for warning bro...
Sorry for your loss.

sad to hear your bad buying experience. just be more careful next time. check the goods before you deal.

wow still got this kind of pple but again u shld have check unless is FREE...

sorry to hear tat but again since u dun know him, u shld check unless item is FREE..

caveat emptor.

If you bought the Style68 staggered rims, they are meant for the E46 and the offset will not fit the E90; sunken-in. I would advise you to sell them and get rims with the correct offset for your car.

Sad to hear that bro, nevermine, what goes around will comes around, we all pray for him for a better life ahead,:angry:

Cheer up,

Sad to hear that bro, Nevermine, what goes around comes around(karma) we all pray for him for a better life ahead,

Cheers up,

Nasty. But shouldn't you have at least done a bit of homework, like trawling the forum beforehand? A visual check would've been a pretty basic thing to do too, whether you're buying for the first time or the nth time. Caveat emptor... you know what they say about a deal that sounds too good to be true.

Anyway all is not lost - if those rims are in reasonable condition (doesn't matter new or not), just slap on some fresh tyres and you're good to go!

Oops sorry to hear about your experience. Perhaps this Eric would care to share his side of the story?

thanks for the heads up bro..... what u say is true what goes around comes around.... if it happens to me, all i can say is my actions will speak louder then my words hahahahahaha.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy Pascua
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back