Big Brake Kit choices....

Re: Big Brake Kit choices....

Need to also match the brakes bias ..... Else will have a nose diving effect when braking.

Williammm;994573 said:
4/2 is abt 4.4k
AP/Alcon is abt 4.3k

But of coz, 4/2 will be a better option coz no need worry abt warranty etc...
But i need to test the stopping power.

Brake bias ...... Rear braking power need to increase ?

brosiss;994916 said:
Good post... I m still thinking very hard which bbk to do..

So far stock very good lei, just that I find it not so balanced, front disc big n rear looks small. Braking also jerky when coming to stop. But used to it. E braking quite good. Maybe the tyres make a difference too.

Red_Bean_Bun;994920 said:
Got bleed / change braking fluid etc during install ?

They all did the bleeding.
But it doesn't solve the softness in the pedal feel.

This is reported by quite a number of ppls.

Red_Bean_Bun;994919 said:
Brake bias ...... Rear braking power need to increase ?

I think so... Nose dive everyday..

Good Day Bros,

My ride is a 2011 N55 335i and i changed to the M Perf BBK and upgraded all 6 brake hoses to Goodrich Steel ones. Workshop did the bleeding too..It does bite well and Stopping effect is greatly enhanced. So Far,i am happy with the perf n stopping capability. And yes,i upgraded my rubbers to PSS from RFT BS. It does help alot too;) Just some sharing..Cheers!

Big Brake Kit choices....

Brake master pump not powerful for the new calipers ? Under assisted ..... Need more research in that area.

Williammm;994926 said:
They all did the bleeding.
But it doesn't solve the softness in the pedal feel.

This is reported by quite a number of ppls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acestud;995005 said:
Good Day Bros,

My ride is a 2011 N55 335i and i changed to the M Perf BBK and upgraded all 6 brake hoses to Goodrich Steel ones. Workshop did the bleeding too..It does bite well and Stopping effect is greatly enhanced. So Far,i am happy with the perf n stopping capability. And yes,i upgraded my rubbers to PSS from RFT BS. It does help alot too;) Just some sharing..Cheers!

Do you need to do re-programming? Actually I also don't know what re-programming is that?

This article say soft pedal is because of air ......

Brake bleeding with DIS DIY

Which jarred my memory .... Last time I bled mine ..... We did step on the brakes pedals to squirt the air out etc ..... The flush took a long time. Bear in mind brake fluid is hygroscopic - so keep a lid on exposing it to atmosphere while at it.

I used a different colored fluid to tell if I got as much of the old fluid out e.g motul rbf600 which has a different color versus stock.

Once all done......remember to pump the brake pedal to build vacuum before moving off.

brosiss;995082 said:
Do you need to do re-programming? Actually I also don't know what re-programming is that?

Reprogramming is a must. Anyone that tells u no need doesn't know what they are talking abt.

I changed to Rotora on my S5. At first the pedal feel went very soft, so I brought it back to bleed really properly, and after that it works just fine. I have had another experience in the past, where I went back to workshop to bleed the brake system of air once more, and still second time not done properly. Only on third time was it properly bled, and then the brake feel came back.

Seraphblade;995116 said:
Reprogramming is a must. Anyone that tells u no need doesn't know what they are talking abt.

only applicable to m performance right. aftermarket brake kit like brembo/stoptech/rotora/ap how to re-program?

btw, isn't aftermarket brake kit that is plug&play also connect to the same sensors as m performance.
so technically, aftermarket brake kit requires re-programming too so that the idrive know the brake mileage/usage/etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

pancakeparadise;1024087 said:
if m-perf brakes so good y ppl sell off now n change? ha ha ha...
If not wrong, M Perf calipers are Brembo 4+2 pots, but Brembo only make limited pots size & rotors size for M Perf. Usually people upgrade to bigger size from Brembo, AP, Alcon, etc.

maybe going for 6 n 4?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

They sell off good stuff to get better ones.

pancakeparadise;1024161 said:
but but... e ppl tt sell off now last time say m-perf is e best lehhh... enlightenment finally???

probably after tuning...................0 to 100 improve thus 100 to 0 also need to improve..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max10ltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back