Bilstein B8 Vs M Sport Shocks

Re: Bilstein B8 Vs M Sport Shocks

Thanks ac, I'm still contemplating about b8, I am afraid will not get the height that I want. Now I'm using eibach spring.
Apparently the rear height is ok but the front height is not to my expectation.

Coilover is the way to go, hence how much price differences for example B8 and other relevant coilover? Thanks bro for the quick and proactive reply.

jaymie;592672 said:
Thanks ac, I'm still contemplating about b8, I am afraid will not get the height that I want. Now I'm using eibach spring.
Apparently the rear height is ok but the front height is not to my expectation.

Coilover is the way to go, hence how much price differences for example B8 and other relevant coilover? Thanks bro for the quick and proactive reply.

Hi Jaymie,

Coilover ST V1 should be almost double of the B8 shock but then again you will sure to be a very happy man: ............can get the height you want plus the handling is definitely a whole new experience solid than the B8 combine with Eibach spring.

or check the thread cause got a bro selling AP coilover......
also got to see how long you wanna keep your ride..........

happy hunting
cheers

B6 if using stock springs. B8 if using lowered springs.

ac323;592669 said:
Hi Jaymie,

Height wise is more of the spring nothing to do with B8 shock.

cheers

ac323;592674 said:
Hi Jaymie,

Coilover ST V1 should be almost double of the B8 shock but then again you will sure to be a very happy man: ............can get the height you want plus the handling is definitely a whole new experience solid than the B8 combine with Eibach spring.

or check the thread cause got a bro selling AP coilover......
also got to see how long you wanna keep your ride..........

happy hunting
cheers

ST V1 really good, better than my E46 sports edition shocks. Get to adjust the swee swee height. Plus a hotchkis ARB.. shiok, enjoying every min, play corners many times, still lasts.. worth it..

Guys (acs, samuel, red bean) ,

Thank you for the kind and good feedback, now I think I will not waste my time to buy bilstein b8. Hence, which shop
Sell this st v1? May I know from all of you sifu the approximate price for it?

Bro ac, regarding the ap coilover , I'm still finding the review over the net and the price that has been offered is really attractive. For your info I think I will keep my ride atleast until 2012. Need to wait for the new 3 series :)

Thanks guys...couldn't sleep thinking of coilover ...haha

jaymie;592778 said:
Guys (acs, samuel, red bean) ,

Thank you for the kind and good feedback, now I think I will not waste my time to buy bilstein b8. Hence, which shop
Sell this st v1? May I know from all of you sifu the approximate price for it?

Bro ac, regarding the ap coilover , I'm still finding the review over the net and the price that has been offered is really attractive. For your info I think I will keep my ride atleast until 2012. Need to wait for the new 3 series :)

Thanks guys...couldn't sleep thinking of coilover ...haha

Hi Jaymie,

ST V1 will cost you S$2k........( there about ).
2012 quite near..........then just get the AP coilover...

cheers

Will pm the seller of AP later, just wanted to ask few question regarding the ride with the coilover.

Things that I afraid is that it will be softer than the OEM shock and once we reduce the height all the potholes, bumps that we encounter will have this ' crashy' impact/sound instead of a nice 'thud' impact.

If the AP is somewhere near the st v1 as being described , then I will surely go for it.
Tq guys

jaymie;592837 said:
Will pm the seller of AP later, just wanted to ask few question regarding the ride with the coilover.

Things that I afraid is that it will be softer than the OEM shock and once we reduce the height all the potholes, bumps that we encounter will have this ' crashy' impact/sound instead of a nice 'thud' impact.

If the AP is somewhere near the st v1 as being described , then I will surely go for it.
Tq guys

Hi Jaymie,

Yes, is the same as ST v1........worst to worst get Drfit Coilover.....( calling Chershen )

cheers

wah everyone rich get coilover, I finally changed my shock absorbers over the weekend last week. My rear right sunken quite badly and my friend high lighted it to me. So boh pian have to change and I don wanna waste my eibach springs so I got the Bilstein B8 shock absorbers instead. Lower cost and save $$$ man.

Review: Seems to have minimised the bodyroll by quite a fair bit. When going over humps only bump once, my old OEM shocks can bounce like 3 to 4 times. Driving on the roads when negotiating bends seems to corner flatter and more confidence inspiring. Comfort still pretty good but stiffer than the stock absorbers. But on uneven road, my car seem abit more bumpy than stock shocks. All in all, ok la, me no go tracking and my car don have power to really max out the performance of the shocks. But heartpain la, waste more $$$.

Condition of my stock 3 yr old shocks, wah lao eh, the bump stops all koyak liao, the sponge all frayed and half is stuck at bottom, half at the top end. The TOP mount for the front also gone. Sibeh jialat. Quite well used to its max liao hee hee.

Last edited by a moderator:

delrosa81;594180 said:
wah everyone rich get coilover, I finally changed my shock absorbers over the weekend last week. My rear right sunken quite badly and my friend high lighted it to me. So boh pian have to change and I don wanna waste my eibach springs so I got the Bilstein B8 shock absorbers instead. Lower cost and save $$$ man.

Review: Seems to have minimised the bodyroll by quite a fair bit. When going over humps only bump once, my old OEM shocks can bounce like 3 to 4 times. Driving on the roads when negotiating bends seems to corner flatter and more confidence inspiring. Comfort still pretty good but stiffer than the stock absorbers. But on uneven road, my car seem abit more bumpy than stock shocks. All in all, ok la, me no go tracking and my car don have power to really max out the performance of the shocks. But heartpain la, waste more $$$.

Condition of my stock 3 yr old shocks, wah lao eh, the bump stops all koyak liao, the sponge all frayed and half is stuck at bottom, half at the top end. The TOP mount for the front also gone. Sibeh jialat. Quite well used to its max liao hee hee.

Hi delrosa,

Congrats............is very norm that lowering spring with normal shock or sports suspension ( ride wil be bumpy )...........

no worries, next round go for coilover ( if budget allows )............

cheers

ac323;594232 said:
Hi delrosa,

Congrats............is very norm that lowering spring with normal shock or sports suspension ( ride wil be bumpy )...........

no worries, next round go for coilover ( if budget allows )............

cheers

Thanks ac323! I don tink I will go for coilovers even if I had alot more extra cash, cos I don require the handling potential of coilovers as i only drive on the roads. But if I had alot of extra cash, I will buy M3 but toto never strike YET! hahaha nvm I everyweek will continue buy faithfully hee hee

delrosa81;594284 said:
Thanks ac323! I don tink I will go for coilovers even if I had alot more extra cash, cos I don require the handling potential of coilovers as i only drive on the roads. But if I had alot of extra cash, I will buy M3 but toto never strike YET! hahaha nvm I everyweek will continue buy faithfully hee hee

Hi Delrosa,

Noted.

Huat Ah
Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denticorereview

Latest posts