Bilstein B8

Vic

Ha … after much deliberation, I finally have the B8 installed. It is now mated with the ACS sports spring which I had it replaced the stock spring couple of years ago. Initially, the ACS spring worked well with the stock shock but overtime, it became bumpy with a slight roll on the side. It’s been a week now and the new combo is settling nicely.

Though the drop is rather conservative, 2 fingers compared with 1.5 previously, the ride is more composed, pliant and at the same time muted. It also absorbs the undulating surfaces well – a good stretch to try is the perpetual road-works along Keppel Road. Most of all, the ride is rather comfortable, in fact, better than stock imo.

Just sharing this setup as another option for fellow 5ers 8) I did not go the coilover route ‘cos I’m just lazy to mess with the settings :p

Cheers / Vic

Re: Bilstein B8

Good choice

Don't you feel that the ride reacts more to the roads after changing to b8?

Not really. The ride is firm but not hard, just right for me. My testers, my twins, also like it much better as previously it was bouncy.

Cheers / Vic

I had install Bilstein B12 ProKit on my benz few years ago. It still works great and the ride is not too stiff that compromise comfort.

Oh and to add on, you may need to check your anti roll bar bushing and the top mount rubber. I was told to replace them as the rubber condition are bad and may affect your new suspension performance. I got it all done up Changi.

Thanks hachi, I got them checked when I had the B8 installed.

Just had B8 installed at R2D mated with H&R lowering springs.....

then that fatty brought me to his so called Woodlands testing bend to loot my precious yaM5, over humps, rough roads, speed stripes , swerving in n out of traffic n winding bends all at high speeds with minimal or no braking.

I could feel the ground more, that's a fact but the feel isn't like with stock shocks. Stocks felt bouncy whereas B8 felt planted. Cornering control was awesome but I think it's a combination of the M5 anti roll bar n the H&R with B8 rather than crediting it to just B8 alone.

next is passenger feel so I sat behind like a boss while that fatty loot my car another time. Honestly, I didn't feel anything different sitting behind, which is good coz I was afraid rear passengers would feel the hardness but no leh, still comfy n I could hear the purring of my Remus (irrelevant)

i think the B8 with lowering springs is a good choice

MW;1086987 said:

then that fatty brought me to his so called Woodlands testing bend to loot my precious yaM5, over humps, rough roads, speed stripes , swerving in n out of traffic n winding bends all at high speeds with minimal or no braking.

I could feel the ground more, that's a fact but the feel isn't like with stock shocks. Stocks felt bouncy whereas B8 felt planted. Cornering control was awesome but I think it's a combination of the M5 anti roll bar n the H&R with B8 rather than crediting it to just B8 alone.

next is passenger feel so I sat behind like a boss while that fatty loot my car another time. Honestly, I didn't feel anything different sitting behind, which is good coz I was afraid rear passengers would feel the hardness but no leh, still comfy n I could hear the purring of my Remus (irrelevant)

Although a bit late, glad you made the change. Yes. Stock suspension sucks big time. Really jialat and CMI.

Late cos I kiam mah, stock one still not spoilt yet but fatty rod insisted I changed to get better handling. Tat fatty quite smart

MW;1086987 said:

How come never let me lut your car?? I can go quite fast also leh....kekekeke

Cb u, after installing the stoptech u disappeared with my car hor! I also dunno wat did but I took back the car n saw the gear was in Sport+ mode

MW;1087035 said:
Cb u, after installing the stoptech u disappeared with my car hor! I also dunno wat did but I took back the car n saw the gear was in Sport+ mode

Got meh??

I need to test the brakes mah..... 300km/h down to 0km/h..... make sure it's working fine....

No chance to take high speed cornering woh....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rr88ninja

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back