Bilstein B8

Re: Bilstein B8

Guys I have been on h&r with stock.. But I felt that it is bouncy and uncomfortable.. If I driving thru drain covers or potholes the bounces left and right.. Sometimes even get the thump sound.. Worst if in Malaysia where the roads are uneven..

Just want to know is this normal?

Ur shocks r bottoming out

nored;1087052 said:
Guys I have been on h&r with stock.. But I felt that it is bouncy and uncomfortable.. If I driving thru drain covers or potholes the bounces left and right.. Sometimes even get the thump sound.. Worst if in Malaysia where the roads are uneven..

Just want to know is this normal?

I had the same experience as you while I had lowering spring with stock shocks as well.

MW;1087033 said:
Late cos I kiam mah, stock one still not spoilt yet but fatty rod insisted I changed to get better handling. Tat fatty quite smart

Haha, end up the same, not spoilt yet still changed. Could have enjoyed earlier (life is short bro)

Moral of the story.... MTL

Ur shocks r how old? It's not the springs. And also what kind of roads u Go on everyday n your driving style will determine the lifetime of ur shocks.

1 month old.. I don't think it's the shocks.. Could it be the springs installed not properly?

Oh then u need to Go check n let the workshop try it out. Very unusual

nored;1087068 said:
1 month old.. I don't think it's the shocks.. Could it be the springs installed not properly?

If you are referring to the bouncy ride, then it's normal. The stock dampers are really crap and does not dampen well. Has nothing to do with the springs, so change springs also not much use.

I think your spring rate soft and in situations bottoms out and hit the bump stops.

Dirty solutions include cutting the bump stops .... Haha !

nored;1087072 said:
Yes.. 2 months old only..

My chance to hijack thread... wanna buy stock f10 523i shocks? :p

MW;1086987 said:
Just had B8 installed at R2D mated with H&R lowering springs.....

then that fatty brought me to his so called Woodlands testing bend to loot my precious yaM5, over humps, rough roads, speed stripes , swerving in n out of traffic n winding bends all at high speeds with minimal or no braking.

I could feel the ground more, that's a fact but the feel isn't like with stock shocks. Stocks felt bouncy whereas B8 felt planted. Cornering control was awesome but I think it's a combination of the M5 anti roll bar n the H&R with B8 rather than crediting it to just B8 alone.

next is passenger feel so I sat behind like a boss while that fatty loot my car another time. Honestly, I didn't feel anything different sitting behind, which is good coz I was afraid rear passengers would feel the hardness but no leh, still comfy n I could hear the purring of my Remus (irrelevant)

i think the B8 with lowering springs is a good choice

WooHoo Welcome to the B8, Bro MW, great overview!

Cheers / Vic

After installing after market suspension, do you find your ride start to produce squeaky sounds? Esp after dismantling the car seat to install..

ytler1;1089372 said:
After installing after market suspension, do you find your ride start to produce squeaky sounds? Esp after dismantling the car seat to install..

Dismantle anything in the interior will always have a risk of squeaky noise later ......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88ame

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back