Bim Me Up!!!

faiflies

Hey guys.. just bought meself the new FL E90 318i... so here I am... hope to meet more fellas here to share their views on their rides and stuff...

Anyone here driving the new E90 318i? Still not convinced by the SE and brochures on the FC of the ride.. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

regards,
faiflies

Re: Bim Me Up!!!

oh btw... is it true there'll be a new 3 series coming in 2011/12?

regards,
faiflies

faiflies;475164 said:
Hey guys.. just bought meself the new FL E90 318i... so here I am... hope to meet more fellas here to share their views on their rides and stuff...

Anyone here driving the new E90 318i? Still not convinced by the SE and brochures on the FC of the ride.. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

regards,
faiflies
Ur car is still running in. In addition, FC stated on brochure is based on perfect condition. In real life, due to it low pwr to weight ratio, u might need to step harder in day to day traffic.

thanks for the heads up.. what do you mean by perfect condition?

i.e. engine solely being tested without the chassis/body?

if the 320i and the 318i share the same engine and it's de-tuned.. won't it be able to unlock the mapping by reconfigurring the ECU?

regards,
faiflies

oh i forgot... what's the difference between this product called Velocity?

Is the ECU mapping a better way to go? of course there would be a huge price difference between the 2....

regards,
faiflies

faiflies;475171 said:
oh btw... is it true there'll be a new 3 series coming in 2011/12?

regards,
faiflies
hi welcome to the forum. yes it is stipulated that the new 3 will be out around that time.

faiflies;475173 said:
thanks for the heads up.. what do you mean by perfect condition?

i.e. engine solely being tested without the chassis/body?

if the 320i and the 318i share the same engine and it's de-tuned.. won't it be able to unlock the mapping by reconfigurring the ECU?

regards,
faiflies

Generally the FC by manufacturers are not attainable under usual driving conditions. For example, they may drive at a optimum speed for long distance without stopping or what la, hence for sure the FC is good.

320i and 318i engines are different...though both are 1995cc, the power output are different

Yes, 2011 will see new models of the Series 3.

thanks guys... but i remembered browsing through some threads here and someone did mention that they both are the same engines...

Even my SE said they're the same but 318i is "detuned".... so don't know whether i kena conned or not... but whatever it is...it's for the Mrs.. she drives more often than i do too..haha... just don't want her to kpkb cos we 'downgrading' from a car with Turbocharger..

A happy wife leads to a happy life i guess...

What about this product Velocity? How's it compared to ECU tuning?

regards,
faiflies

faiflies;475197 said:
thanks guys... but i remembered browsing through some threads here and someone did mention that they both are the same engines...

Even my SE said they're the same but 318i is "detuned".... so don't know whether i kena conned or not... but whatever it is...it's for the Mrs.. she drives more often than i do too..haha... just don't want her to kpkb cos we 'downgrading' from a car with Turbocharger..

A happy wife leads to a happy life i guess...

What about this product Velocity? How's it compared to ECU tuning?

regards,
faiflies

Hi Bro faiflies,

Congrats on ur new ride. I'm also driving a 3-wk old 318i. Yes it does feel sluggish in pick-up , as compared to my previous 1.6 Civic. But I actually drive it in "manual" mode n get a better pick-up than if i leave it in "D'. FC by the meter is abt 8.2km/l, with only 700+km clocked so far.

From wat i understand from the other bros here, Velocity only cheats the ECU to have a faster respond, while ECU remaps actually helps to gain abit more horses.

Mayb some bros more knowledgable can share more

i think to increase the pick up.....u may try the 3-drive throttle controller...
actually i also had just book a 318i.....and also change the air filter.
by trying these cheaper option, rather than remapping(risking warrantly).
i had actually tried these( for my cefiro) before it really help to pick up a lot faster.

it the same on 325i and 323i. from what i see even you make it output the same as 320i it not going be a huge different. 323i to 325i i not sure.

Hi faiflies,

Congras and Welcome in.............

is true that this ride power can't compared to your ex-turbocharge ride (vroom vroom)

BMW = Sheer Driving Pleasure

small mod will help to get better response to your 318i but not like Turbo or SC.....

maybe mod that you wanna do:

1) better plugs
2) K&N drop-in filter
3) Velocity (new sprint booster)
4) ECU re-mapped

your 318i should have better response after all this had done....

enjoy your ride man......

cheers

jonleeck;479381 said:
i think to increase the pick up.....u may try the 3-drive throttle controller...
actually i also had just book a 318i.....and also change the air filter.
by trying these cheaper option, rather than remapping(risking warrantly).
i had actually tried these( for my cefiro) before it really help to pick up a lot faster.

Wat's a "3-drive throttle" controller?

beembeem;480456 said:
Wat's a "3-drive throttle" controller?

3 modes - Max, Normal, Min.

Max - 10% throttle input can be cheated as 70% instead.

Normal - as the word suggests... zero-zero

Min - opposite of Max. very sluggish in acceleration but good for FC.

Oh yes. Actually, I am interested in the 318i. Could you please tell me more about the "fake-leather" seats? How discomfort can it get? If I can look pass this shortcoming, maybe it's my turn to sell my current ride away and get a beemer. :)

chk out @ pivotjp.com
i got it done for my cefiro at mcwell venture in ubi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MinnieRist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back