"Bird Chipping" sound in E90.. hiazzz

jackshen84

I had encountered such irritating sound whenever i steer to my right.

after self diagnostic, it happens that, when the air-con is on and when i steer to the right, the "bird" appear. :roll:

if i close my air-con, perfect!. no creaky sound was heard.

Anyone experience this? am driving E90 06 model.

Re: "Bird Chipping" sound in E90.. hiazzz

Drive to Jurong bird park, if it chips when air con off, there's a birdie inside!

Hi jackshen84,

That sounded like a problem related with your power steering i.e. circulation system where your power steering fluid circulates. Get it checked.

Just cents and I m not the BMW diagnostic machine :D

Red_Bean_Bun;986656 said:
Does the bird chirp when you rev ?

Nope.. More to like when I negotiate a right cornering, e sound is heard. When air con shut off and right steer, no sound

golilok;986657 said:
Drive to Jurong bird park, if it chips when air con off, there's a birdie inside!

Tt not very conductive post. Tks anyway sighzzz

Baby1M;986672 said:
Hi jackshen84,

That sounded like a problem related with your power steering i.e. circulation system where your power steering fluid circulates. Get it checked.

Just cents and I m not the BMW diagnostic machine :D

Got the problem solved. It the blower motor. Wear n tear issue. Just have to get it change.. Very irritating while driving

gohjialong;986767 said:
Only change the blower motor?

As it say unlikely, as only the right turning make tt creaky sound. Anw, with my frenz help, he manage to change the blower motor. Test driving till now and really no more that irritating sound. An issue of wear n tear.

jackshen84;986769 said:
As it say unlikely, as only the right turning make tt creaky sound. Anw, with my frenz help, he manage to change the blower motor. Test driving till now and really no more that irritating sound. An issue of wear n tear.
I might having the same problem. Can pm me the cost to change the blower motor. Tks.

How much is the blower motor ?

jackshen84;986769 said:

jackshen84;986905 said:
Wa..u sure?? Mind share ur kantao for such price......

Eng soon, i just bought last 2 wks. To b exact is $210 +- .. I check with a aircon shop at sin ming, they charge $550 to change n supply e part. Tats to say labour is $300 +.. Many Workshop is always like this, see bm n merc, the price diff 1. I bring e part n change at a aircon shop only $60.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Bird Chipping" sound in E90.. hiazzz

That's why sometime over the phone say Mazda and just collect the parts from certain supplier if its a generic part.

Asimo;986909 said:
Eng soon, i just bought last 2 wks. To b exact is $210 +- .. I check with a aircon shop at sin ming, they charge $550 to change n supply e part. Tats to say labour is $300 +.. Many Workshop is always like this, see bm n merc, the price diff 1. I bring e part n change at a aircon shop only $60.

Asimo;986909 said:

That's why if u wanna cut costs, go buy from eng soon and send to workshop

(and u may never know if the parts they used is BMW or OEM)

It seems like a good bargain! Next time, I shall visit and get my parts.. Do rec e wkshop.
"Seem like I have to b thick skin go any workshop and ask e mechanic wad wrong before I can go eng soon buy the parts" hahaha.

Is this the way to know which parts to buy and where it goes wrong?
What if u miss out something and they just installed whatever given by u?

jackshen84;986971 said:
It seems like a good bargain! Next time, I shall visit and get my parts.. Do rec e wkshop.
"Seem like I have to b thick skin go any workshop and ask e mechanic wad wrong before I can go eng soon buy the parts" hahaha.

Is this the way to know which parts to buy and where it goes wrong?
What if u miss out something and they just installed whatever given by u?

Just ask and see how much, then you say, lemme think about it, and you mysteriously vanish hahaha

There's a workshop in Malaysia who advise you on the parts to replace and will tell you go eng soon to get the parts :rolleyes:

SapphireSpite;986986 said:
Just ask and see how much, then you say, lemme think about it, and you mysteriously vanish hahaha

There's a workshop in Malaysia who advise you on the parts to replace and will tell you go eng soon to get the parts :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahaha...
I saw e other thread abt the reputable guy at M'sia. Frankie?
That mean I have to travel back n fro to seek his options and back Sg eng soon to get the parts.
Or M'sia has their shop?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back