Black paint on rims

Signifier

Hi, i was wondering if painting rims black would be a good idea, if its not then why?
I find it cheaper then buying new rims, mine is currently the M rims,
any comments?

Re: Black paint on rims

Well if you wanna paint it, you should go to a reputable paint shop to do it.

I've seen people who sprayed their rims and it was badly done. You can still see some shades of the original color on the rim. Ee

Signifier;609995 said:
Hi, i was wondering if painting rims black would be a good idea, if its not then why?
I find it cheaper then buying new rims, mine is currently the M rims,
any comments?

I just gotten a used 18" rims.. and have the tyre shop spray to British Black... my fav colour.. hope to get soon... :goodup:

It will even be louder if you smack a bright coloured BBK to give a contrasting appeal to your shoes... very eye catching... but coming back to the question and sticking to the main subject.. hehehhe.... I would recommend that since in my previous ride,... I use performance pads and gave lots of brake dust... so, your rims wont look that dirty ... good for lazy buggers like me...

anyhow... just an idea.... powdercoating is an option for you... if you like the design, why change the wheels?.. :dance:

I am also considering powder coating the rims black. However I think this process normally takes quite some time and dunno if they will provide loaners until the rims are done.

This was how i first arrived at leong seng this afternoon... Was the talk of the office (in a negative way of coz)...
fb08c924.jpg

Lets look at thw rims before it was painted to my fav british black
d0286fca.jpg

Then after painting...
c6b26618.jpg

Then fix it up...
22f696d5.jpg

Then another shot from... Ahem the rear...
1ce30100.jpg

Pretty cost effective exercise :) pleased with it

Awesome rims. How long did it take?

Rims was selected by a friend last Friday and was made available to me today...

Yeah I'm lazy too, so got my car sprayed black rims

hi duh!, nicely done. was wondering if you could PM me the damage done.
btw isit juz me or is the colour more gun metalish den black?
doesn't seem anything close to ore lu lu leh but i like it alot...! close to the gunmetal i want!

Crazy5miles;613332 said:
hi duh!, nicely done. was wondering if you could PM me the damage done.
btw isit juz me or is the colour more gun metalish den black?
doesn't seem anything close to ore lu lu leh but i like it alot...! close to the gunmetal i want!

if i am not mistaken, i think his reference for "british black" kind of black color is similar to prodrive's british black.

gonna give daniel a call to ask for damage done!
the prodrive british black is the exact colour im looking for

I had the prodrive GC-10 on my old stream and the GC14 on my Sti n both of them are British black. They looked much better than gunmetal in my opinion.. And goes along w lots of colour... Definitely wont regret bro :) good luck!

LS or spray painting workshop that help you spray the rims british black?
british black colour is somewhat unique. if kena curb rash, can easily repair ?

duh!;613436 said:
I had the prodrive GC-10 on my old stream and the GC14 on my Sti n both of them are British black. They looked much better than gunmetal in my opinion.. And goes along w lots of colour... Definitely wont regret bro :) good luck!

LS took care of it. If they outsource it or do it themselves.. I hv no clue. Kerb rash.. Still can be repainted. I bought the gc14 used w rash, touch up points are clear upon very close up inspection

I did mine at body paint shop..paid $45 for a wheel to be sand down and sprayed gloss black. Took 2 days tho...

mine's a M Wheels too on 18inch.

looks good to me...but need to be careful when changing tyres / wheel alignment as might scratch the paint off easily.

=)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debettaxi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back