Black Sapphire

fishbolah

Hi All,

Just about to book my very first Black car in 10 years (previous ones were dark blue and silver).

Can anyone advise if the Black Sapphire (metallic) colour is Black or a little Grey? Any polishing issues with the Black Sapphire?

Cheers

Re: Black Sapphire

If you can wash and groom your own car on a daily basis, flat black is always best. However, Metallic black, well, doesn't show the scratches as much but will still show swirl marks.

Happy choosing....

my car was black sap. its black n no shades of grey at all. its a pearl paint if i m not wrong. easier to maintain than flat black..but if not done properly..u will still have swirls.

Yup, Black Sapphire has metallic flakes in it. So when u shine a light on it, it gives off a very slight gold-ish reflection

Into my second 5-er in 3 years now and both in sapphire black, only complain is the dust shows up really obviously compared with my silver E46

I prefer to see the dirt there and know my car is due for cleaning then to think my car is still clean. All my BMW are black so far. :p

so far all my vehicle is either black or white. hope the next one will be yellow with bull on it :lol2:

sapphire black is a little more forgiving than jet black.... jet black gives you deeper reflection.

but sapphire black isn't easy to maintain too, swirl marks and water marks or bird shit stains are very visible.

its a good choice coz mine is sapphire black too!

If i would have to do this again, i actually will choose either Terra & Red & Black with BS. LEMON is pain in the ass when it come to cleaning.

acupunch;270390 said:
If i would have to do this again, i actually will choose either Terra & Red & Black with BS. LEMON is pain in the ass when it come to cleaning.

Thats why I say black n grey:nehnehhh:

ferd;270608 said:
i like lemon interior.. i didnt have the guts to choose it coz its probably hard to maintain.
I solved the problem by having iEcology. used twice a month to steam clean the leather, swee swee.:lol2:
I actually left with no choice. Red car with black interior or Black car with Lemon.
We love the lemon cos the whole theme looks classy.
let's see how long can the lemon stay fresh... :juggle:

For me I still prefer black interior, easy to maintain and look good. My previous E39 had grey interior, not so bad to maintain but the colour quite dull. Beige interior would be quite hard to up keep. I had a friend used to have a 911 speedster with white interior and exterior. I wonder how he maintain his car?

How about Alpine White exterior and Saddle Brown upholstery on the 335i? does it look good?

Grey interior looks better with Blue exterior. The recent LCI 5er Blue interior sounds interesting but ugly with any exterior color. :lol2:

Ahbengdriver;270454 said:
Thats why I say black n grey:nehnehhh:

acupunch;270623 said:
I solved the problem by having iEcology. used twice a month to steam clean the leather, swee swee.:lol2:
I actually left with no choice. Red car with black interior or Black car with Lemon.
We love the lemon cos the whole theme looks classy.
let's see how long can the lemon stay fresh... :juggle:

Interested to learn more about 'steaming' the leather.... please share....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back