BlackBerry Bold or Storm

Re: BlackBerry Bold or Storm

Was chatting on BB Messenger with Jasmine/Terry/etc with my Bold. Just bought it last week and am amazed with it! Love it! And this is my 1st BB. Woot!

Tried the Storm and didn't like it. It was trying too hard to be like the iPhone and it fails terribly.

Azrielsc;452158 said:
Was chatting on BB Messenger with Jasmine/Terry/etc with my Bold. Just bought it last week and am amazed with it! Love it! And this is my 1st BB. Woot!

Tried the Storm and didn't like it. It was trying too hard to be like the iPhone and it fails terribly.

Did bold fair better than iPhone? :)

its different..like comparing apple and oranges..

Terry;473491 said:
its different..like comparing apple and oranges..

berries la...your ang moh too good...

graduated from 8707g to a Curve 8900.

3.2mp camera vs 2mp on bold.

smaller than bold. lighter than bold.

screen is smaller but it's 480×360 vs 480×320 on the bold.

but the bold is the flagship model. how then to make sure the curve isn't better? take away 3G on the curve. #$%&@#*$@#

but that said, i've learnt to prolong the battery life on the previos 8707g by turning 3G off.. so the lack of 3G wasn't a big issue for me...

ohh storm 2 is coming out? eh sam, why didn't you like the storm? thinking of getting storm leh.

benji ben;473675 said:
ohh storm 2 is coming out? eh sam, why didn't you like the storm? thinking of getting storm leh.

some forummers got the storm...not quite as good...esp once u experience the iphone touchscreen

the tactile response isn't too bad.. i tried my colleagues storm.. i prefer an actual keypad to type.. esp when i am long winded on my mails... :p

benji ben;473675 said:

Personally, I feel that the Storm is trying its best to be like the iPhone BUT it does not match the iPhone, not by a mile.

I feel that the BB is 1st and foremost a business phone and having an actual QWERTY keyboard helps in SMSing and emailing.

I, personally, cannot get used to the virtual keyboard of the iPhone or the Storm. As for the Storm, it incorporates a "feedback" function which works when you press on the screen, it more or less minics an actual button press. I didn't like it and it actually slows down my typing speed.

But this is my personal feedback based on my actual needs, which is that of a business phone. If u are looking at an alternative iPhone replacement, the Storm may be more your alley.

Cheers!

Whenever I surf bmw sg whole day and messenger ppl whole day.. My battery drains out like piss.. That's the only thing I hate about my bold

Terry;473712 said:
Whenever I surf bmw sg whole day and messenger ppl whole day.. My battery drains out like piss.. That's the only thing I hate about my bold

Yes, that seems to be 1 of the Bold's major weakness, the poor battery life. Try turning off some applications that you do not need and are running in the background. Upgrading to the latest Bold OS does help the battery management to a certain degree.

Cheers,
Sam

turn off 3G. :D helps extend the battery life marginally.

hmm it seems that from the replies from you guys, it's the touch pad that's isn't good enough compared to the iphone? maybe this is because it's their first touch screen phone and they launch it wanting to compete with iphone and HTC. It's also comes down to the user interface, whether is it user friendly or not cause i've never use a touch screen phone before. actually wanted to get the iphone before, but when BB released the storm, it got me considering again.

is it a confirm that they will be coming out with the storm 2? when will they release?

argh this is no difference from getting the mod virus lah. sam you are poisonous already. haha thanks for the great help anyway. :)

yeap, I got the bold in the end. The only thing that I dread is the battery life. I have to recharge it every night...

benji...get the Bold! or wait for Bold 2 Storm 2...consider the Tour?

i like my iphone still but the battery life wasnt good as well...now i dun have to keep checking my mails and draining battery even more with real PUSH.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88london

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back