blackish stain on rim

Re: blackish stain on rim

I have that problem. What I do is:

If its stubborn stains, use a degreaser, try not to get it on the brake disc, just the rim, then rinse it off with water. Get a degreaser that's water soluable.

If the stains are very stubborn, use wax.

After spending a Sunday afternoon cleaning your rims, you might want to apply another coating of wax to the rims to prevent dirt from sticking on them.

I have tried the above and it seems to work.

Let me know how you get on with it......

Isn't Autosol very strong? It's basically very very fine polishing powder. It will "polish" off the clear coat.

I use Sonnax, german product. Just spray on and leave for 2 ~ 3 minutes, then rinse off.. Rims shines after that.

I get it from my regular tyre shop at Guan Ming Industrial Building off Paya Lebar Road. I think is $18 per bottle... can't remember exactly.

You can use detailing clay to get rid of the stain.

I use BMW's own rim cleaner for weekly cleaning. Also got PoorBoy's wheel wax to apply after that. Supposedly that will reduce the dust build-up on the rims.

Hi all

I am new in this forum, regards to my rims, silver color Oz superlegga, i bought the rim used, the stain have been stuck at there for about a year....Good for those using performance brake pads.

The concept of the degreaser is simple, it is the same technology use to cure oil spills in the ocean, it traps oil molecule seperating their magentic attraction and decompose them.
thus
- 28 days biodegrable,
- Will not hurt our rim paints.
- Non Flammable
- Safe for households and industries.

I also tried on my kitchen cabinet and on top refrigerator with old oil stains, it took me some time, but all oil stain removed and paint still there!

Nvr use common degreaser, if stay at our rims too long, the stains and the paint comes out together, my case is a live example

It cleans not only yr car but helps yr CO in household cleaning!

Heres the link:
I have took a video clip on how the degreaser works on a used pail. I have place some machine oil over the week end to let it stick on the pail:
Link 1:
How degreaser works....
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j...ilystainsonPails.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch 2

Link 2:
Let the pail dry a little, clean again, see also how clean is the cloth after cleaning....
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j...inalandcleaningofcloth.flv&refPage=&imgAnch=i mgAnch1

The pail of water can be use to wash other things too....exp the floor.

This product not commercial in Sg, if you really interested, i could get my sample and try for you, you can see for yourself....but only one rim hor....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curveswithmovesdotcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back