Blackvue - Issues finally fixed

Re: Blackvue - Issues finally fixed

Hi Bro

I tried remove my set cleaned the lens. And fix back. now the image more blur.............
The direction of the len make any different?
And i did some screwing on the lens and the plastic mount. I remove it and put back. maybe my focus is out liao>?

And lastly. How u powerup ur dvr? as my power adaptor is fixed on the car. take the cam up home and no way to power it up?
Thank you.

How did you clean the lens ?

I used a variable voltage power adapter (those found in hardware stores) to power it up. Easier to clean the lens at home than in the car.

Cochran;1023875 said:
Hi Bro

I tried remove my set cleaned the lens. And fix back. now the image more blur.............
The direction of the len make any different?
And i did some screwing on the lens and the plastic mount. I remove it and put back. maybe my focus is out liao>?

And lastly. How u powerup ur dvr? as my power adaptor is fixed on the car. take the cam up home and no way to power it up?
Thank you.

ohh. thats how u power it up.... i just use tissue paper wet it a bit. clean the inward len then new dry tissue to clean and dry it. thats all....

Just a stupid qns. We dun clean the 'cam sensor' on the pcb board right? haha...

Bro, wet tissue paper ? Use alcohol wipes ..... Gently. Then it will be bersih.

Cochran;1024003 said:
ohh. thats how u power it up.... i just use tissue paper wet it a bit. clean the inward len then new dry tissue to clean and dry it. thats all....

Just a stupid qns. We dun clean the 'cam sensor' on the pcb board right? haha...

thanks.

my part II qns? haha

And can i check wat the internal battery do? how u know its dead? cos the cam cannot use powerup by itself right?

I think the battery is for a graceful shutdown when power is cut. Perhaps also to preserve time/date when doing the write during the power cut.

I decided not to touch the CMOS sensor. Did not seemed to be causing the bluriness as after cleaning all the lenses it was clear again so I left it alone.

Cochran;1024010 said:
thanks.

my part II qns? haha

And can i check wat the internal battery do? how u know its dead? cos the cam cannot use powerup by itself right?

ok. Thanks bro

At home looking ard for a power adaptor to pwoer the cam up. finally found my samsung photoframe with 12v output and same dc head. got the cam powered up.Adjusted the focus. Now its damn clear liao. Thank you. Dun need to go buy the DR500 liao. ha.

Bro

Can i check where u buy the battery from and how much? THank you.

so is blackvue one of the better in car camera still? or any other brands to recommend?

I also did the same. My advice is to use a cutton swab and then clean it in a circular manner. A damp cutton may help in the cleaning. Remember to place the CCD downward so that it will not collect dust.

Faulty internal battery could result in file corruption because the BV could not shut down properly. BV needs few secounds to properly shut down (like closing current recording file) when external power is removed. I got my replacement battery from ebay and now my BV is just working as before.

The blur len is due to overheating problem. Without solving the heat problem the foggy image will come back after few months!!
Some folks out there had suggested a heatsink to be placed over the metal shield case or even remove the back cover (the one with LEDs) completely to prevent heat from building up.

Anyway, The DR400 has been discontinued. I supposed the reason could be the overheating problem (and resulted in foggy image) that the blackvue designers could not solve it without major engineering modifications. I guess there must be a huge return and RMA in those countries with strong consumer rights, like Europe and the US..

I did ask wow gadget several times about this problem via emails but got not results. I find their after sales support is poor and technically incompetent. Maybe someone should takeover their blackvue distributorship in sg...hahaha..

You referring to the 3.7v 170mah battery ?

I got a replacement from Sim Lim ..... Think the problem is due to the humidity - I dropped some calcium oxide in there. Maybe it'll help.

mc3359;1045195 said:
I also did the same. My advice is to use a cutton swab and then clean it in a circular manner. A damp cutton may help in the cleaning. Remember to place the CCD downward so that it will not collect dust.

Faulty internal battery could result in file corruption because the BV could not shut down properly. BV needs few secounds to properly shut down (like closing current recording file) when external power is removed. I got my replacement battery from ebay and now my BV is just working as before.

The blur len is due to overheating problem. Without solving the heat problem the foggy image will come back after few months!!
Some folks out there had suggested a heatsink to be placed over the metal shield case or even remove the back cover (the one with LEDs) completely to prevent heat from building up.

Anyway, The DR400 has been discontinued. I supposed the reason could be the overheating problem (and resulted in foggy image) that the blackvue designers could not solve it without major engineering modifications. I guess there must be a huge return and RMA in those countries with strong consumer rights, like Europe and the US..

I did ask wow gadget several times about this problem via emails but got not results. I find their after sales support is poor and technically incompetent. Maybe someone should takeover their blackvue distributorship in sg...hahaha..

they are very good in sales and are active in FB. such companies usually are not good in aftersales service

Hi rbb, how do you take out the main round cover in the first place?

panaracer;1048211 said:
Hi rbb, how do you take out the main round cover in the first place?

Dig out the 4 rubber bungs on the cylindrical body.

Then unscrew the 4 screws. Pry the cylinder open .....

Got it! Happened to find a YouTube on tis.

Tks pal!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back