Blisten or KW suspension for 320i E93

Blacknight05

I need to change my suspension to eliminate that irritating tyre rub on rear chassis when passenger sits behind me.

Prefer good holding but comfortable ride for my toddler. Presumed the adjustible type would be overkill for my puny engine, recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Blisten or KW suspension for 320i E93

KW V3....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

More swayed towards Bilstein, but confused over the so many variants. Anyone has installed with good review? Thanks.

KW better ........ been through the Bilstein then KW route.

Skip the bilstein and save some money.

ac323;1103888 said:
KW V3....

My experience with KWs has been poor. They don't last. I am on my second set and I think they are going already.
Each set lasts about 2 years/25k km. No tracking or aggressive driving. Unless you are hardcore, it's unlikely you will adjust the height or damping after you drive out of the workshop. I'd go with a shock and spring combo for the reliability any day.

Pinky;1104037 said:
ac323;1103888 said:
KW V3....

My experience with KWs has been poor. They don't last. I am on my second set and I think they are going already.
Each set lasts about 2 years/25k km. No tracking or aggressive driving. Unless you are hardcore, it's unlikely you will adjust the height or damping after you drive out of the workshop. I'd go with a shock and spring combo for the reliability any day.

i track, so far so good...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Blacknight05;1103883 said:
I need to change my suspension to eliminate that irritating tyre rub on rear chassis when passenger sits behind me.

Prefer good holding but comfortable ride for my toddler. Presumed the adjustible type would be overkill for my puny engine, recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

My recommendations as follows

Why is your tires rubbing your fenders ? Stock car will not have such problems unless u upgrade tyres maybe to pss ... conti dun.
To save money, do a alightment n see if same ...
If above fails, do a fender roll. Afterwhich it should not rub fenders.

If all fails change to an adjustable suspension or coilovers. Do not get those non adjustable types cos even after fender roll n you still rub then rims offset might be wrong. Getting non adjustable will result the car to be even lowered after the spring sits in or season liao will drop further.

I am ohlins n my butt feels very happy.

Go for kw v2 minimium. Bilsten then get the higher range. If budget sell tyres or rims and revert stock.

Done up with Bilstein B6 on stock coils, so far happy with the ride. Non hardcore so this will suffice.

Thanks for all your inputs and recommendations.

Done up with Bilstein B6 on stock coils, so far happy with the ride. Non hardcore so this will suffice.

Thanks for all your inputs and recommendations.
So you have been using Bolstein B6 with stock spring for awhile now. How was it? Worth to change it? My front absorber needs to change. So thinking of stock or others. I'm 320i E93 too.

Sent from JKN IPhone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back