blue anti glare side mirror

KCS

any idea able to change the anti glare blue mirror piece only? or any shop got the anti glare stickers that can paste over it?

Re: blue anti glare side mirror

The blue glass (at least on my car) is not just a blue tinted mirror. I think it is filled with some kind of liquid crystal that darkens when the photo sensor detects glare, it also lightens when the glare is gone.

reardriven;546662 said:
The blue glass (at least on my car) is not just a blue tinted mirror. I think it is filled with some kind of liquid crystal that darkens when the photo sensor detects glare, it also lightens when the glare is gone.

Bro, i think you are referring to the (interior) rear view mirror, while TS seems to be asking about the (external) side mirror.

to TS: i've bought those mirrors when i was driving the e36 from Eng Soon as they weren't standard on my 318iS. easy diy. as for my e46 and e90, the 'blue non-glare mirrors' came as standard. i'm sure u can buy them as replacements too.

... or am i mistaken?... are there actually exterior EC (electro-chromatic/auto darkening) side mirrors?...

richlee7;546787 said:
Bro, i think you are referring to the (interior) rear view mirror, while TS seems to be asking about the (external) side mirror.

to TS: i've bought those mirrors when i was driving the e36 from Eng Soon as they weren't standard on my 318iS. easy diy. as for my e46 and e90, the 'blue non-glare mirrors' came as standard. i'm sure u can buy them as replacements too.

... or am i mistaken?... are there actually exterior EC (electro-chromatic/auto darkening) side mirrors?...

ermm.. i dun really understand.. i refering to the exterior left and right mirror.. so u mean i can go eng soon and purchase and diy myself? interior is not tt impt..

KCS;546847 said:
ermm.. i dun really understand.. i refering to the exterior left and right mirror.. so u mean i can go eng soon and purchase and diy myself? interior is not tt impt..

if its the exterior ones, i believe you might be driving the e36, which some do not come with the 'bluish' anti-glare. the L&R mirrors (just mirror, no nid the housing) could be bought at ES, although it's better if u can call them to check stock for your model (e?? model, ???? year-of-manufacture year).

if your's the e36, its just the glass u nid to change, easily diyed with any hard wooden object (like a wooden ruler, or ice cream sticks).

richlee7;546966 said:
if its the exterior ones, i believe you might be driving the e36, which some do not come with the 'bluish' anti-glare. the L&R mirrors (just mirror, no nid the housing) could be bought at ES, although it's better if u can call them to check stock for your model (e?? model, ???? year-of-manufacture year).

if your's the e36, its just the glass u nid to change, easily diyed with any hard wooden object (like a wooden ruler, or ice cream sticks).

oh ok.. i will call eng soon to check.. mine is the new fl e90.. how to diy? jus tilt it open?

KCS;547021 said:
oh ok.. i will call eng soon to check.. mine is the new fl e90.. how to diy? jus tilt it open?
new fl e90?... u mean u hv only plain glass mirrors? surprised!

richlee7;547074 said:
new fl e90?... u mean u hv only plain glass mirrors? surprised!

Ermm.. ya.. cos only the 320 have the anti glare blue mirror.

Hey bro, any updates on the anti-glare mirror? I also just got the fl 318i and am thinking of changing them as well.

no lei.. no time go find.. keke..
if u manage to find, u let me know k..

i think u referring to the either blue or yellow sticker to paste on the side mirror to reduce those glance by hid light from back vehicle right , i have see it in gb in subaru forum. i think around 290 per set.

huh, u mean the stickers alone and not change the whole pc and cost 290? think like abit ex hor.. :) .. no prob.. i check with eng lee when got times.. thanks..

yes its a special kind of sticker , i try to find the link .found it , its call prova mirrors , just sticker alone 205 for subaru , dunno how much for bmw

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJPTowing
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back