Bluetooth Enabled in new 523i?

Mark_Twain

Hi Pals,

Saw from some overseas websites that new 5 series in US are all bluetooth enabled and can start to pair up with bluetooth phone straight away.

I couldn't find this function in my new 523i. Does that mean that the Singapore model don't have the bluetooth enabled and really need to install it at PML?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: Bluetooth Enabled in new 523i?

Mark_Twain said:
Hi Pals,

Saw from some overseas websites that new 5 series in US are all bluetooth enabled and can start to pair up with bluetooth phone straight away.

I couldn't find this function in my new 523i. Does that mean that the Singapore model don't have the bluetooth enabled and really need to install it at PML?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I think all the e60s here in sg need to be retrofitted if you want to turn on bluetooth. About S$2K by PML.

Yep, all North American E60s come standard with BMW Assist, this means it already has the bluetooth telephony TCU and all it takes is a software update to activate it.

The stock E60s sold here don't have the bluetooth as standard. The cheapest way to have it is to order it with the car, I think it'll be less than $1000. Retrofit is 2X more

Thanks guys!

Just thought that if there is already a hidden function then I should optimise it.

Guess will just use my Jabra headset for now. PML quoted $2.3K for the retrofit.

can also consider some of the aftermarket bluetooth kit installations. the nokia C-7 one is only 288 excluding installation. why pay PML chop chop price :)

mistraele said:
can also consider some of the aftermarket bluetooth kit installations. the nokia C-7 one is only 288 excluding installation. why pay PML chop chop price :)

it depends on whether if one wants the bluetooth to work seamlessly with the i-drive function. I presume the Nokia C-7 is a standalone unit!?

it is standalone, but depending on car model, it can interact with car speaker system to turn off music volume when u get incoming call.

you are right that integrated idrive would always be more preferable, but at the price PML are charging.... its just a bit too much imo.

I bought a bluetooth hands free speaker/mic set in Australia of A$60. Works fine with most phone models (tried it with Sony Ericsson, Nokia and Motorola V3) via cigarette lighter; No Cables!

Hi,

Sorry need to ask. If we order the e60 brand new with the bluetooth feature we pay a 1k,
IF we go back to pml to retrofit it we pay 2.3k am i right to say that ????

Leonwei said:
Hi,

Sorry need to ask. If we order the e60 brand new with the bluetooth feature we pay a 1k,
IF we go back to pml to retrofit it we pay 2.3k am i right to say that ????

You need to check with PML for sure, here's the thing, last time I saw, the bluetooth option is about S$800, but if this brings up the OMV of the car by that amount, then you need to x2.7 (because of taxes) = $2160. Retrofit is about $2200, so I'll say it's about the same, a lot depends on what they charge for labour.

The nice thing about trying to get it when you order a new car, is that you can negotiate to have it "thrown in", i.e make it part of the deal for the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality18
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back