Blur E60 head light .

Re: Blur E60 head light .

redrex;874964 said:
The E60 head light cover seem to get blur or yellowish after time , where do we get a better condition one ,I am looking for the passenger side one .

oohh.. congratz in getting your strawberry.. ^^ enjoy your ride....

redrex;874964 said:
The E60 head light cover seem to get blur or yellowish after time , where do we get a better condition one ,I am looking for the passenger side one .

Some brothers here solve this concern by tinting their headlights. Looks great after that.

Cannot change cover - no such parts. Must change whole set.

Then, if you change only one side, it may be different colour from the other - uncomfortable to the eyes; painful on the heart (we don't call it a strawberry for nothing).

Expensive resolution.... unless you can get an insurance to pay via a collusion resulting in an accident.

i heard from a fren can cut open the headlight and polish from inside and seal back with a 1 year condensation warranty. I dun know how much it cost thou. If going this route, might as well add led ring to the angel one and it be brighter than F10 angel eye.....

Terras14;875481 said:
i heard from a fren can cut open the headlight and polish from inside and seal back with a 1 year condensation warranty. I dun know how much it cost thou. If going this route, might as well add led ring to the angel one and it be brighter than F10 angel eye.....
Congratulation!! U have a crying Angel eye.

Terras14;875481 said:

U know where is the place to do it ? Can PM me contact no . thanks

redrex;875490 said:
U know where is the place to do it ? Can PM me contact no . thanks

I believe Autobacs does it... its called headlight polishing.... i thought i saw S$30 per pair....

It's different. Autobahn is polish outside. This is polish the inside but needs to cut open the headlight and seal back. Have to check the number

Terras14;875613 said:
It's different. Autobahn is polish outside. This is polish the inside but needs to cut open the headlight and seal back. Have to check the number
Which 1 u trust, factory seal or the person who did the polish?

Not forgeting that plastic will become brittle over time.

Buy new set from eng soon la. $500 per set. Confirm swee swee xin xin.

Hi redrex,

Problem with the cutting open procedures, I promise u after >12 months, will have water residues inside your headlights... worst if flood inside :eek:

U sure it is inside that turned yellowish or the outside? Most are outside turn blur because of all 'dirty stuff adding layers' on it, after so long. If outside, try the polishing but do both sides.

tiger1;876146 said:

Pre-LCI can install LCI headlights? LCI headlights is $500 a side from Eng Soon? Mine are adaptive, can replace with standard LCI headlights?

It's more expensive than 500 a side. I ask a few months ago, the whole conversion is 3-5k as u need new light module as well as coding. Go to mike maybe 10k

Lots of US e60 went for the headlight operation. That day I also saw one fiercely done up 335 at 2277 also open headlight with aftermarket led ring.

Go try check with Gavin from Revol (site sponsor). He can do miracles with cleaning stuff and removing dents. Just a call away.

He ever clear my blur headlights before.

tiger1;876146 said:

Can't be so cheap. I changed mine (LCI) both at PML. Under warranty, but the invoice indicated a pricing of $11,000.

You can check with Propel, site sponsor. They have used imported.

HI, just bought my 5series and got my 523i headlight clean up few days ago. reco by my car dealer. he open up my headlight lens for cleaning without leaving any sight of cutting. got into rain but still look ok. and was charged 400 for a pair. leave my ride there for 2days.

allion;880148 said:
HI, just bought my 5series and got my 523i headlight clean up few days ago. reco by my car dealer. he open up my headlight lens for cleaning without leaving any sight of cutting. got into rain but still look ok. and was charged 400 for a pair. leave my ride there for 2days.
Good luck to you. Please come back here after 1 yr & report.

I would not trust anyone to cut it open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub77
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back