BMC Air Filter

chineseboz

Hi Guys,

Anyone heard of this BMC Air Filters, there is one which is called: CDA. Looks damn cool, carbon fiber casing. Was at Ubi today, the shop beside Mike's spray paint shop was installing them on all sort of cars.....seen some the owners who went for a test drive after installing it, all came back very happy. Anyone here tried it before? The shop who was installing it is call: Espace Service

Did a search on the BMC Air Filters,( www.bmcairfilter.com ) seem like it is really good. Anyone care to try then give us some updates....

Re: BMC Air Filter

Some pictures from BMC website:

03O-BMW_M3_E46.jpg

03H-BMW_M3_3.2E36.JPG

03F-BMW_Z3_3.0.jpg

Looks pretty similiar to the new UUC intake. I wonder if there's the CAI whistle that are characteristic of most CAIs.

Just bought it from Ebay 2 weeks ago. installed it for a 600km cruise thru the mountains and to the Great Ocean road in Victoria. i would say there is a increase in the low and mid range torque. just re dyno the car 2 days ago. got an increase of 4 kw. worth the every cent of it. best part, you can use it for any car. if you plan to change car in a few months. retail in Australia is AU$650

Anybody has experience with the BMC CDA Evo2 (pic below)?
How much is it and how loud?

rex7_vtec said:
After some serious analysing and testings, I can safely conclude that the CAIs with an air chamber is definitely more effective (maybe not 100% more efficient) than open pod filters...

I think someone from Carfreaks.com.sg bought their set for about SGD$450? I think Espace carries them but I have no idea how much they would cost from them.

Juzz4Cars brings in something similar to that BMC design. Ain't sure the brand name but the cost is bout 350bux...Go check it out if u like..

Another thing about the BMC is that it doesn't have the whistling sound that most open pod intakes have.

TripleM said:
Juzz4Cars brings in something similar to that BMC design. Ain't sure the brand name but the cost is bout 350bux...Go check it out if u like..

The brand is "Cyberspeed".

huayx2 said:
The brand is "Cyberspeed".

Thanks sis :)

Cheers

jaskin said:
Another thing about the BMC is that it doesn't have the whistling sound that most open pod intakes have.

That's because it's enclosed like the stockbox, the more open the more noise u will hear....if partially enclosed like gruppeM then you will hear whistling sound..

I have already checked out the one that J4C carries. It looks the same as BMC on the exterior. As for the interior design, it's simply a conical filter placed within the CF casing. If you look at the BMC design, the filter seems to be cylindrical with some kinda velocity stack down the center. hmmmm....dunno....

TripleM said:

jaskin said:

Which is good! (cos' i don't like growling sounds coming from the front of the car) :D

reardriven said:
Which is good! (cos' i don't like growling sounds coming from the front of the car) :D

I stand to be corrected but I believe the whistling sound and the growl of a CAI are 2 different things altogether.

SL2 said:
I stand to be corrected but I believe the whistling sound and the growl of a CAI are 2 different things altogether.

Indeed,
one is whistling, one is growling so they are different.......

Whistling is only when you are slowly taking off at low speed and growling comes in later....

Does Valvetronic's GruppeM behave that way?

TripleM said:
Indeed,
one is whistling, one is growling so they are different.......

Whistling is only when you are slowly taking off at low speed and growling comes in later....

Does Valvetronic's GruppeM behave that way?

Nah..with the valvetronic's GruppeM, you cant hear the whistling sound at all. All you hear is the growl. I think it's due to the way it's shaped like a catcher's mitt..

SL2 said:
Nah..with the valvetronic's GruppeM, you cant hear the whistling sound at all. All you hear is the growl. I think it's due to the way it's shaped like a catcher's mitt..

Noted...
Only trumpet shape should make the whistling sound...

On a sidenote, wonder if the BMC one is a real CF or some overlay/cubic printing?

I think it's real CF. Just like the PiperCross/UUC intakes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back