BMC Air Filter

Re: BMC Air Filter

From what i understand, it is the real CF. Spoke to Espace, Peter, he says that so far a lot of his customers were really impress by the BMC. He says that so far, no complains, understand that one of his customers, took out a branded air filter to replace for a BMC. CyberSpeed maybe the same maker as Simota, design wise is the same, price wise is more. Simota CMI. Anyone have any feedback for the cyberspeed?

BMC is the original, design is different from most, moreover it is patented design, so i guess no other brand will give the same effect as BMC. Understand that in one forum, a few branded air filters were put on test, BMC came in 3rd. but price wise compared to the other 2, is much lower. GruppeM came in 2nd. Review stated that even PiperX, was not as good as BMC. Anyone wants to give it a try?

Called the Malaysian guys who carry it. They quoted me RM$1200 for the BMC. How much is Espace selling this filter?

I don't know, cos I didn't ask, there is so many different one, which one did you ask? give me the model number, I will go to ask later, it is just a phone call away.

Been using the BMC CDA for the past 6 months, i would clearly say that its better than anyother CAI i have used b4. The sound is fantastic on my straight 6. had it installed in a M42, it gained a 4kw on the wheel.

on a M50TU, i gained 3kw on the wheel.

compared to the one sold in J4C, its diameter is smaller compared to BMC.

well, like that saying, you get what you pay for.

Cheers!

Does anyone know if BMC CDA can be installed on 318i valvetronic? From what I can tell from BMC website (http://www.bmcairfilters.com/), the one above 1,600 cc (model CDA 70-150 or 85-150) can be fitted to any ride. Can anyone with experience in this installation advise?

baracudax said:
Does anyone know if BMC CDA can be installed on 318i valvetronic? From what I can tell from BMC website (http://www.bmcairfilters.com/), the one above 1,600 cc (model CDA 70-150 or 85-150) can be fitted to any ride. Can anyone with experience in this installation advise?

Hi baracudax...

just so you know... It will fit with a little modification from the installer... been running it for a good 4 months now.... cheers

FiftyFive said:
Hi baracudax...

just so you know... It will fit with a little modification from the installer... been running it for a good 4 months now.... cheers

Hi FiftyFive,

Cool! Have gotten some great reviews from my Australian collegues who drive 3 series. So did you do it at Espace? Spoke to Peter and it appears they have only done it on a couple bimmer 3 series over here. Care to share more in est. pricing and installation charges? Can PM if inconvenient.

Thanks,
Ed

BMC filters are still enclosed intake....higher end will not match open pod designs.

Anyone tried the GruppeM's Super Cleaner intake? They dont have direct application for eurpoean makes but some customisation and a 3" pipe will do the trick. Similar design to Blitz Sonic intake...one of the smoothest and best intake I've ever tried.

fhc_cutmodel_en.jpg

HI Guys,

Kinda a newbie to the forum here (well,joined awhile back but just read, didnt post on the forum) and would like to throw my 2 cents in.

HEre in M'sia there are two types tothe BMC CDA... types meaning the ori and the "replica" units. The Ori go for about RM1,100 which includes the installation. The unit price itself is about RM900. The "replica" is made by Racecraft (Its called BMCSTYLE) and its about RM500 including the installation.

Some of the e46 owners have installed these intakes and the general feeling is that its money well spent. The guys who installed the Ori units rave about the responsiveness and the "quick off the starting block" feeling. However it doesn't increase overall speed, obviously. The "replica" unit serves the same purpose for at fraction of the cost but....you know the saying ie "You Get What YOu Pay For".

The only question that seems to be raised is the issue of the piping. As the Intake piping has to be funnelled downwards to effectively "suck in" the Cold Air, there might be a possiblity of it "breathing in" a small amount of water when going over puddles etc. Some guys have piped the hoses to "breathe" thru the original air filter inlet whilst some have been brave and hosed the piping to "breathe" thru the lower portion of the front bumpers. Once again, the only question is whether its "safe" during rainy season etc. The thing is, for the BMC CDA to work effectively it needs cool air, which means, a lower "breathing" inlet ie the piping has to be as far away from the heat of the engine bay as possible.

On the performance part, doing a short 100 meter sprint, the BMC cars beat the stock & aftermarket filter (K&N and JR Filters) cars pretty decently. The run was done three times to get a fair result. The BMC car was running on replica 18inch rims (replica so its heavier than stock/ori's) whilst the non-BMC were on stock 17inch rims.

As for the sounds.... there is a marked difference in the aggresiveness of the sound between the BMC CDA and the BMC Style (ie replica units). The ori sounds alot more aggresive and has a more "even" sound when the owner gunned the rev/pedal whilst the car was at standstill. The replica seems to taper off towards the higher rev counts but sounds just as aggressive in the lower revs.

Of course, the GruppeM babies are in a league of their own! lol!

Hi guys!

Excuse my simple question (I've searched the net but found no answer) - can you get BMC CDA kits for a 2001 E56 3.20ci? I currently run a BMC panel filter but want a bit more power :¬)

Just installed one today at ESPACE, I got the limited edition one in Silver carbon fibre. Low end has a significant difference for sure.

Scuderia;165529 said:
Just installed one today at ESPACE, I got the limited edition one in Silver carbon fibre. Low end has a significant difference for sure.

How abt high end, any improvement? How much you paid for it??? quite interested to fix on my ride E90 320i...

Centurion9990;165726 said:
How abt high end, any improvement? How much you paid for it??? quite interested to fix on my ride E90 320i...

You can contact Andy at 97343050 on pricing.

Centurion9990;165765 said:
thanks bro... cheers...........

No problem, will post a pic of the Silver CF soon.

BMC CDA in Silver Carbon Fibre.

Scuderia;165529 said:

Hi, where is ESPACE located? What is its contact no.? Does the CDA make a lot of noise?

Scuderia;167050 said:
BMC CDA in Silver Carbon Fibre.

Thats cool dude!!! black Carbon Fibre is kidda common these days...

titanic;167293 said:
Hi, where is ESPACE located? What is its contact no.? Does the CDA make a lot of noise?

They are beside Mike's (Sin Wee Chuan) spray shop in Ubi. Not too noisy as they are enclosed.

Hi folks

anybody tried the BMC CAIs on E46 M54? anyfeed backs?

TIA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back