BMW 1er's come in!

Neo30i

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Hi guys,

I'm seriously not impressed with the BMW Business system and the overall sound and currently considering some upgrades (all without drilling any new holes or cutting/moding the original space)

There are obviously quite a few limitations in the choices given the space constrains and the fact that I will not be changing the HU.

Was wondering if anyone here has already gone through this upgrade, can please share what you did, where you did it and how is the after effect as compared to the original setup

Cheers,
Neo30i

Re: BMW 1er's come in!

hi
i'm driving e81 too.
do you know where to find bodykit for our ride??
need help
thanks

bro,
look into march's torque mag, you can have a wide of kits just like that one. go to J4C and they will have all the go-fast stuff.
bst rgds.

is that you car, monster? very nice!

bro, terima kasih.
sorry, cant display plates nor actual dyno figures else 'pek-hais' may take notice.
its way above what we expected even with the current mileage less than 2k km.

when are you going to join us on the track? waiting to see 135 and 335 go head to head...

have to wait at least another 6mths. she's been with me 2mths and mileage slightly below 2k. need to hit 8-10k before going max.

Hey guys, i just got to know this from this forum. Bodykits - contact dennis. try searching for denis propel - bmw sg. the first result. i wanted to install the M rear bumper only but denis said it comes in set. Can call him for more details. BTW, anyone installed a underseat active sub woofer?

Hi all,

Please feel welcome to add your names to the 1er registry on this forum!

Yes, I found the limits of the standard sound system quite soon....upgraded by adding JBL MS8 DSP. Check it out. its an amazing add on that works well for this system. Good value too for the enhancement.

Neo30i;420775 said:
Hi guys,

I'm seriously not impressed with the BMW Business system and the overall sound and currently considering some upgrades (all without drilling any new holes or cutting/moding the original space)

There are obviously quite a few limitations in the choices given the space constrains and the fact that I will not be changing the HU.

Was wondering if anyone here has already gone through this upgrade, can please share what you did, where you did it and how is the after effect as compared to the original setup

Cheers,
Neo30i
Hi Bro, can checkout bro Humara's ride http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/i-c-e-section/48160-my-ice-set-up.html

I've just helped him to do up his ride not long ago. You should go audit and see the workmanship of his ride. He drives a 120i M Sport... very fierce-looking ride! :p

Even though you do not change the integrated HU, you still can enjoy nice music in your car. However I would strongly recommend you to install an Audio sound processor (either Audison Bitone or Alpine H701). This will help your setup to have room for tunability in order to achieve balance sound and accurate tonality.

Conversely I would not recommend you to install amps and change speakers without having a processor when you choose to keep your existing HU.... There's already a few bro here did that and found that its a waste of money as it sounded worst than before; either its too sharp or unbalance sound.

My 2cents. :)

With due respect, i don't agree that you shouldn't install amps and change speakers if not installing a processor.

I did that for my e46 and it sounded more than alright.

Just sales talk from installers in my opinion.

oneHeadlight;637270 said:
With due respect, i don't agree that you shouldn't install amps and change speakers if not installing a processor.

I did that for my e46 and it sounded more than alright.

Just sales talk from installers in my opinion.

There's many ways to do ICE n depending wat u want to achieve. In e case of BMW, due to the fact Tat the midbass is underneath the seat, there's no way to achieve good sound by just installing amps n changing spkrs.

If u think changing of spkrs n amp to the original position can give u a big keep in sound improvement, pls go ahead by all means. If spending money to install amps n spkrs and not getting a min of 50% improvement from your stock sound, might as well save the money for other things. Your standard of alright might not equate to good sound.

With due respect, if u can show me a car with vast improvement by not installing a processor in BMW, pls dun say I'm doing sales talk. Btw pls go listen to his car before u make this type of
comments.

relag;637277 said:
There's many ways to do ICE n depending wat u want to achieve. In e case of BMW, due to the fact Tat the midbass is underneath the seat, there's no way to achieve good sound by just installing amps n changing spkrs.

If u think changing of spkrs n amp to the original position can give u a big keep in sound improvement, pls go ahead by all means. If spending money to install amps n spkrs and not getting a min of 50% improvement from your stock sound, might as well save the money for other things. Your standard of alright might not equate to good sound.

With due respect, if u can show me a car with vast improvement by not installing a processor in BMW, pls dun say I'm doing sales talk. Btw pls go listen to his car before u make this type of
comments.

You made a comment as an installer that one shouldn't change amps and stock speakers if not adding a processor. The onus is on you to prove it. Not to even mention that there is no form of measurement such as 50% improvement.

Don't sway the issue by mentioning the positions of the speakers, when your original remark was regarding the need for a processor, if keeping the stock headunit.

my standard of alright might not equate to good sound, but at least i am not talking bullshite.

And mods, since when do we allow an installer to make comments directly here, as if to promote his own business ? Might as well close the site.

oneHeadlight;637292 said:
You made a comment as an installer that one shouldn't change amps and stock speakers if not adding a processor. The onus is on you to prove it. Not to even mention that there is no form of measurement such as 50% improvement.

Don't sway the issue by mentioning the positions of the speakers, when your original remark was regarding the need for a processor, if keeping the stock headunit.

my standard of alright might not equate to good sound, but at least i am not talking bullshite.

And mods, since when do we allow an installer to make comments directly here, as if to promote his own business ? Might as well close the site.
Well for your information, I'm not an installer of any shop. I just simply have lobang on ICE equipment and help bro Hamara to achieve what he's looking for at a much better price thru my contacts and concept.

What I've mentioned here and commented are based on my experience in ICE. As what I've mentioned, there are many ways in doing up the ICE in your car. But my experiences tells me that one can never achieve good sound by simply changing spkrs and adding amps, this is especially so in a BMW and all the more using the stock integrated HU. You can think otherwise but plse dun call me an installer or sales talk when you know nothing about me.

Anyway I'm not here to argue with anyone. Our conversion will stop here. I'll call this a misunderstanding and let's move on.

No vested interests apparently then. Certainly not when you get upset with my installer remark, and certainly not when you start selling hardware to your "bros". All for charity i suppose.

Since there are many ways to do ICE as you mentioned, why make a sweeping statement that has no basis to start with, and factually wrong in fact. Unless you have the integrity to categorically say that, which dismisses the work of many installers in fact, not just in singapore but right across the world.

oneHeadlight;637498 said:
No vested interests apparently then. Certainly not when you get upset with my installer remark, and certainly not when you start selling hardware to your "bros". All for charity i suppose.

Since there are many ways to do ICE as you mentioned, why make a sweeping statement that has no basis to start with, and factually wrong in fact. Unless you have the integrity to categorically say that, which dismisses the work of many installers in fact, not just in singapore but right across the world.

Well like I said there's no need for me to argue with you anymore. Everyone has their own concept of doing ICE. Anyway I only make recommendation of installing processor base on my experience and concept; thus I did not say by doing otherwise is wrong, so plse dun put words in my mouth.

Whether its factually wrong or not, let your ears decide for yourself. I welcome people to listen to my car and see if my concept is sound. You basically are trying to put me down with all your words here so there's no constructive aim in this discussion anymore. Hence I shall not waste my time posting to your reply anymore. Cheers

Go on shifting the goal post.

I actually typed a pretty long reply, but it got lost as i lost connection posting from a public location. So i will keep it short this time.

Having a processor does NOT mean better sound. You made it sound like it will be. You said that there is no point in changing speakers and installing amps if the car owner is not changing the HU. I disagreed, because it is a misleading sweeping statement. Then you shifted the goal post, talking about the position of the midbass that is under the seat. Are you then, suggesting that if the midbass remains under the seat, it makes sense to install a processor ? Any installer worth their salt, and have integrity will tell u that the money is better of installing the midbass somewhere else, given a situation of a budget.

You also got on the offensive, obviously taking notice of the "installer" remark i make. But then, you are not an installer. So, i am not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8xbet_1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back