• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW 318i vs Merc C180

Re: BMW 318i vs Merc C180

Both are fine pieces of German Engineering... was looking at these cars during 2004, e46 FL vs non- facelift C-class... Eventually go on with the Bmw for various resons.

1. Price, bmw was cheaper then the merc.
2. Driving pleasure bmw is more shiok
3. Bmw came with a 2L engine... Therefore i feel that its smoother
4. There are Merc taxis running around but not a BMW taxi

One advice when buying this 2. Get Bmw if u want a better drive or Merc if u want a better comfort:). My 1st car is a E30 Bmw 316i and the second is a E200 masterpiece. Now back to the 3er, no regrets

First, I'm not sure if you're comparing pre or post facelifted C, or even older? and if you're comparing either to E36 or E46 318i.. cos E90 no 318i...?

But...

I've driven both the pre and post-facelifted Cs from MB and must say that the improvements aren't just skin-deep... New car feels much better, in both terms of build quality (better materials used) and overall drive... Suspension, Handling, all better than the pre-facelifted Cs...

However, I have heard of nagging problems with the C, including gears going to Neutral (eventho gear-level still physically in 'D')... and I'm not sure if its been sorted...

At end of day, my personal opinion is that: If you want a little bit more space (cabin and boot), and slightly better resale value, then go for the Merc... but if you want better driving dynamics, then the BMW still edges the Merc... Oh... also IMHO, the 318i is a pretty fuel-efficient engine, considering the weight it has to lug, its pretty frugal in fuel-sipping...

cheers...

I considered both before getting the beemer. The two things that made the decision for me were a) the wood trim and b) the blank buttons on the center console in the merc cabin. I'd agree that if you're looking for space at the back and in the trunk, the merc would be the one. Driving dynamics, well we know which one's better.....:)

Thanks guy. I am currently driving Apr'01, 318i and considering option to replace this. Test drove a 2 yr old, C180 Merc. Hence seeking views in term of whether it makes sense to change....still in love with my current one although it has a lower horse power of 110bhp vs 143 for the merc....

At this point i woulf prefer the C180 twinpulse over the e90; I tested them both, back to back. Both are great cars, would be proud to have any of them in my driveway. But to me the C has more room, higher rear seats, bigger boot, better ride. perhaps not as engaging as the 3er, but also more soothing. lastly, I prefer the C's more classical looks. The facelift is also a most extensive one.

Plus for C class: more updated, roomier, classier (mini S-class),sporty driving position
Minus for C class: dull steering, poor fit, steering more left off-set, rougher engine

Plus for E46: superb engine esp 2liter, handling, presence
Minus: slightly under-powered, kinda like a junior athelete

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rr88ninja

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups