BMW 318ia M3 CONVERSION?!?!

bro,M3 2nd hand also abt 200+k??
Dont think he can get the real thing...conversion r cheaper rite?
i also say he's mad!!! :screwedu: wahahahahhaha :laughlik:

piggyboyz said:
If ur friend got 20k to spare, sell the 318i and dump the 20k into the down payment and get the real thing !!!!! :screwedu: :screwedu: :screwedu:

bro,or other lobangs for engine?? 330 ??

MRacer77 said:
hamann said:
he told me he found the engine from uk at sing 15k .2001 m3 engine milage abt 35000miles....wat u think man??

piggyboyz said:
Find the engine first.........

15k is way too much to may for a used engine man... especially with 35000miles. Look around somemore, there are quite a number of used engines waiting to find buyers.

$20k is definitely not enough to complete your project. Besides the engine, tranny and mountings, you also need to get the drive shafts, diffs and other suspension parts...

if the engine really cost 15k only, then he'll need more than 20k to complete the whole mod. what about your brakes, suspension, gearbox? later in the lifespan, your prop shaft, drive shaft..... m3 power will shatter the 318 auto tranny in about 2 traffic junctions.

haha...after much consideration ....my friend have deceided to order a supercharger kit from U.S.Atlanta supercharger :screwedu: .thanks for all yr help and advise! :thumbsup:

hamann,

Tell your fren to liase with a proper mechanic to do the job first before bring ing the sc in. No point ordering then nobody willing to take responsibility in installing. IT IS NOT a plug and play thingy as much as the manufacturer tried to make you think it is.

Also, there's word that Downing Atlanta supercharger has some problems with local temp and has been shown to overheat.

Also, if I'm not wrong, they only make for the E36 318 and not the E46. Better check first. In addition to that, with the auto tranny, max boost is 0.45 bar which would not get you much gains.

Did a little research the last time i wanted to get a set for my prev E36....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT Atlantic....

hey bro,thanks for yr advise..will ask my friend to seek bvo advise first,how much did u check for the downing atlanta supercharger? will overheat? :shock: in the web site they claim to make for m44 1.9 litre engine...maybe ned to check with pro mechanic for installation??
can u advise more on this issue...thanks a million...

Arsony said:
hamann,

Tell your fren to liase with a proper mechanic to do the job first before bring ing the sc in. No point ordering then nobody willing to take responsibility in installing. IT IS NOT a plug and play thingy as much as the manufacturer tried to make you think it is.

Also, there's word that Downing Atlanta supercharger has some problems with local temp and has been shown to overheat.

Also, if I'm not wrong, they only make for the E36 318 and not the E46. Better check first. In addition to that, with the auto tranny, max boost is 0.45 bar which would not get you much gains.

Did a little research the last time i wanted to get a set for my prev E36....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT Atlantic....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betvisa
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back