BMW 320 Manual

Re: BMW 320 Manual

Russell said:
Hi T6....

Friend advise me to take up the auto version with the steptronics and is still the
same as the manual.

But personally still prefer the Manual version and I think is quite unique,
but resale value may be not up to market requirement.

Comments ?

Thanks....

The steptronics is not that fun to drive in steps mode. Time taken between gears takes a while. With a pure manual, the gear change wld be much more responsive and you can play with the clutch as well. Having a manual may not always mean poor resale. In Spore where there are so few BMW manuals, it shd still attract the purists in the resale market.

But if your friend's advice is re the Golf GTi with the DSG gearbox where gear change is very quick, then diff story.

Russell said:
Hi Louis....

yer have a check with the sales.... it took about 4 - 5 months to arrive Singapore...

"Significant Mileage Clocked" meaning that they (BMW Germany) will deliver a
used or some one who drive it for a few months and sell it to Singapore ?

Thanks....

yup, 4-5 mths sounds about right.

i got mine delivered with 70+km on the odo, versus the usual 20+km for most new BMWs. i was told by PML that they needed to drive it up and down to get paperwork, homologation and inspection done before delivery, hence the slightly higher mileage. but if yours isn't the first manual E90 in singapore, you probably won't be affected.

I hope they broke the car in properly when they first drove it! Can you imagined if they redlined your car if it was brand new during their joyride!

jaskin said:
I hope they broke the car in properly when they first drove it! Can you imagined if they redlined your car if it was brand new during their joyride!

well, i had 70+ on the odo, but my indicator read less than 24900 to the next oil service... so you draw your own conclusions.

T6 said:
The steptronics is not that fun to drive in steps mode. Time taken between gears takes a while. With a pure manual, the gear change wld be much more responsive and you can play with the clutch as well. Having a manual may not always mean poor resale. In Spore where there are so few BMW manuals, it shd still attract the purists in the resale market.

But if your friend's advice is re the Golf GTi with the DSG gearbox where gear change is very quick, then diff story.

Hi T6....

Yes... noted your point, I will go for it.... 320 Manual...

Checking with the sales for better price....

Take care....

louis said:
yup, 4-5 mths sounds about right.

i got mine delivered with 70+km on the odo, versus the usual 20+km for most new BMWs. i was told by PML that they needed to drive it up and down to get paperwork, homologation and inspection done before delivery, hence the slightly higher mileage. but if yours isn't the first manual E90 in singapore, you probably won't be affected.

Hi Louis...

Check with the sales...did she come a cross customer indent the manual one...
she told me "So far not many leh"...

As far as what I know alot of people still prefer the auto / steptronic version....

If I order the manual one.... I think will be the same faith like you... but still considering and calculating my budget....

Thanks for the advise....

Have a nice weekend...

diablo_728 said:
I just test drove a 330Ci Man very nice ride, price pretty ok but only thing is that the car is heavily modded.

Hi

Sorry to go alil off topic, but is this the 330 ya test drove?
http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2fiSJ7G-1000.html

Thinking of looking at it, but not too sure. Price seems ok given its mods et all, mod seems dope too. And I would certainly prefer a manual over a steptonic/auto anytime, except for jams.

Any kind souls here know about this car? Think it belongs to someone in this forum, cant remember his nick though. Comments about it?

Once more, sorry for seemingly hijacking the main topic here.

Moderator/s, if need be, inform me and I will set up a new topic for this.

Thank you very much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taigametdtc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back