BMW 325 Ci / Volvo C70 / Audi A4 Cabrio

Hi I thinking of buying one of the above. I have looked at the 325 Ci and simply loved it but the Sales quoted me 188,888 so anyone got idea on how low i can bargain?? also how do u all think of the above cars.

thanks man.

Re: BMW 325 Ci / Volvo C70 / Audi A4 Cabrio

that is a pretty straight forward question, audi A4 is out.

volvo c70 is very interesting. but something is lacking. i dun mind having it as a second car but that is after i have a bmw.

i will still go for 325ci. :)

Hey the C70 is FAST!!!!!!!

Is the 20k worth it for the highline specs. Anyone got it? Cause if not i just get a stock although the colour is limited. Audi TT is good except 2 seater.

For 20k you only get a "sports" steering (and it is not even a MTech one) and a sun roof. Reminds me the same situation with my previous BMW's......15k for a sun roof???? When the car was 60K, 15K for a sunroof is mega bucks!!!!

If u do use a sun roof frequently it is great, but I don't like the glass ones, have it on my current car - yucks!!!!

Really all depends on you.

c70 quite fast...but isnt the 325 quite a bit faster..and better handling too?

i say if you want some top-down antics then c70 but if you dont need it then 325 has to be it

how much u all think the 3 series convertible would cost against the coupe. The hiline also features the nicer rim idrive sports seat sunroof gps keyless

mysteryman;158943 said:
Is the 20k worth it for the highline specs. Anyone got it? Cause if not i just get a stock although the colour is limited. Audi TT is good except 2 seater.

TT coupe is 2+2.
TT roadster is 2 seaters.

hitmee;158893 said:
volvo c70 is very interesting. but something is lacking,i will still go for 325ci. :)

yep i agree to wat u say..the C70 seems to be lacking out something..n yes the bmw still take the lead!

mysteryman;158943 said:

If you buy the added equipment individually, it would be more than the 20k. But question is, do you need it?

My SE told me that for the highline version, its on an indent basis, so you can get whatever colour/combo you want. But that means also not much room for discounts.

Considered a TT too, the lack of space is a big push factor for me!

both are good cars. can make heads turn. if i am in your shoe, i will get a TT and pass my E46 to my wife. :)

Hey Bro

I am proud owner of a 325i coupe bought at launch where there was a discount off the 188,888. Drove side by side with a C70 yesterday - optics wise no comparison man; bimmer wins hands down. My other ride is a Volvo and I don't think it Volvo gives you the handling anything like a bimmer. My personel view.

Oh the TT is beautiful but rear seats may not be as practical. Can't wait for a 325 vs TT writeup.

Happy shopping.

TT will helps in saving road tax. only 2 litre.
will not be as common too.
i forsee E92 to be success. might be the best selling coupe in singapore. hence you will see it everywhere.

kleong007;159035 said:
Hey Bro

I am proud owner of a 325i coupe bought at launch where there was a discount off the 188,888. Drove side by side with a C70 yesterday - optics wise no comparison man; bimmer wins hands down. My other ride is a Volvo and I don't think it Volvo gives you the handling anything like a bimmer. My personel view.

Oh the TT is beautiful but rear seats may not be as practical. Can't wait for a 325 vs TT writeup.

Happy shopping.

Thats good to hear! Which colour combo did you get?

I'd it will be hard to make an objective comparison amongst the three, given the tendency to skew in favour of the BMW in this forum. But honestly, I'd think the TT might give the 325 a run of money, to the surprise of many BMW fanatics. The C70 is nice (and is the best of both coupe/cabrio world), but lacks the character that the BMW cab or Audi cab possesses. The Audi cab might not be a direct comparison to the 325 at all.

audi tt basically is more futuristic than the e92 but still when i test drive the cars the e92 still wins. the thing is that the convertible is coming next year which is really tempting. lol. seldom u use the car top down i suppose.

kleong can u pm on the price that u bought the e92. i think of getting s.black qith black gloss and coral red seats.

mysteryman;158853 said:
Hi I thinking of buying one of the above. I have looked at the 325 Ci and simply loved it but the Sales quoted me 188,888 so anyone got idea on how low i can bargain?? also how do u all think of the above cars.

thanks man.

hi

such questions have no answers because choice of car is clouded very much by several things, which differ greatly amongst individuals. you gotta feel your own force dude.

having said that, i'll share with you the process i went through deciding between the TT 2.0 TFSi and E92 325i (we'll skip the fwd-rwd part for simplicity) :

audi says (i had a long test-drive) :

1. TT is beautiful and a chick-magnet.

well, the TT's design somehow doesnt gel. it's very "front-heavy" and the whole body tapers to a weird ending. there're a few nice details but they dont amalgate. it looks delicious only from certain angles and only with the optional 18"s. i think the previous one looks better.

doesnt matter if it's a chick-magnet or not. i'm totally at peace with myself.

2. TT is powerful and can be chipped further.

damn, dont wanna have my car look like a bodybuilder with chicken legs. all right, doesnt matter if it has 1000 or 1001.5 hp. i want communications, handling and finesse.

the TT actually handles best of all audis (RS4 notwithstanding). it's sharp round bends but like all audis, the steering is NUMB. it's not making love with you, it's just going through it mechanically.

the engine is smooth and torquey, no dreaded torque-steer. sounds nice too, though it can get tiring if you're not in a mood to play. nice throttle blips when you change the DSG with Walter Mitty mentality.

but, nett of all, aint engaging enough. and finesse is what separates the great from the merely very good.

3. E92 looks too much like E90.

dont have a problem with that. in fact, the E92's front is like a refined version of the already nice E90. back, E92 wins hands-down. overall impression of the E92 when i first saw it was : elegantly sporty, restrained aggression and ENDURING APPEAL.

enduring appeal is a very key consideration. the TT can lose its novelty pretty quickly but not so the E92. damn, if only i'm 10% as good-looking as it.

you flirt with the TT, but marry the E92. but individuals' tastes differ ya.

i've owned BMWs to date and should gravitate towards another BMW naturally. but no, i was seriously considering the TT until i decided to go for another (much longer) drive in the E92.

through kent ridge hill, the TT was very good. you throttled off slightly before corners, took it and throttled on at the apex. no brakes. corner after corner.

the TT carried out your commands. but that's the problem : it carried out your commands and did not seem to enjoy it together with you.

then same roads, same conditions in the E92. it was a partner that danced with you, kept telling you "faster", "more". the fluidity it displayed was the elusive "finesse".

so the E92 for me then. i've since covered several hundred kms in my E92 and loved every moment. the refinement is first-class.

regarding the "Highline" version, you gotta decide what you want. i'm neither a gadgets man nor needs talking points with passengers.

so out goes iDrive, Comfort Access and "superior sound system". i spent the money on enhancing the drive instead.

so follow your heart dude.

cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back