jest1081;418095 said:
the current 320i are all IL 4 right?

is the 323 and IL6?

yes

E90 320i and E60 520i are IL4 engine

E90 323 and E60 523 are with IL6 engine

Re: BMW 325iA vs BMW 520iA

BMWSILVER;412702 said:
If you need the space and power then you should consider the 525i :)

If you are single or married without kid then 325i will be NICE :)

Interesting...I'm married with 3 kids but still drive a 325i sedan cos of the feel. Wife drives an S80 for the school run but on weekends we all use the bimmer. Granted the 5 series is larger but IMHO, it is manageable; I've taken the family up to Cameron Highlands - give me a 325 any day on the winding mountain roads. Test drove a 523 and an X3 but preferred the grip, cornering, balance and acceleration of the 325...just my two cents

henry2703;417734 said:
$107k is cheap. But i am a sucker for all the missing options...

i will be torn for a decision, but i suspect i will pass it on in the end. In the second hand market, without those "basic" options, people will wack the resale price down by a lot.

my 2 cents worth

Thanks man....i didn't buy eventually, i think you are correct, sure kena whack if i wanna sell in 3-4 years time...

Thanks ALL for the valuaable advice....

Cheerio! :laughlik:

Huton Benz;412612 said:
I switched from 3 series to 5 series 7 weeks ago and here's my findings:

a. 5 series offer better luxury and roomier in the interior
b. 5 series seem more prestigious in outlook
c. 5 series being heavier is more stable at high speed and less bumpy while crusing
d. 5 series, being slightly longer is more difficult to park
e. 5 series, being higher is more difficult to wash

I can continue and it would be almost endless. Take note there is no Right or Wrong answers. It is individual preference and functionality that matters. It depends on owner's desire; whether power or comfort, etc.

Hi Huton,
Need an advice, i've just booked 520i latest from PM at $137800.....is that considered a good price? :) :)

paiseh... thanks for any advice given... Should i ask SE for any other freebies? he's throwing in 3m car mat....and 1000 service vouchers...heee...:)

henry2703;417734 said:
$107k is cheap. But i am a sucker for all the missing options...

i will be torn for a decision, but i suspect i will pass it on in the end. In the second hand market, without those "basic" options, people will wack the resale price down by a lot.

my 2 cents worth

Hey brudder,
I just committed to a E90 520i at 137800 with 1000 service vouchers...wanna squeeze him another 1k down....hee...
Would that be considered a good price to buy? cos it's like never this low before man for a 5 series....my dream car for last 5 years! haaa...

Anyone with any opinion/advice? pray tell....thanks in advance...

:)

Hi Bonsoir,

I got my 525 in late Nov 08 for 157k when the COE was 8.4K (PML used the 10.5K Cat C COE), OMV was only 51K. Got the 3M mats but not service vouchers though I tried, but the overtrade for my old car was not too bad, and the SE gave me a golf bag, think it's from part of his comm.

Anyway, congrats and hope you enjoy your ride!

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/singap...ing-selling-your-bmw/30164-new-520lci-14.html

anyway, you have already signed the dotted line. just move on and look forward to collect the new car.

bonsoir;419774 said:
Hey brudder,
I just committed to a E90 520i at 137800 with 1000 service vouchers...wanna squeeze him another 1k down....hee...
Would that be considered a good price to buy? cos it's like never this low before man for a 5 series....my dream car for last 5 years! haaa...

Anyone with any opinion/advice? pray tell....thanks in advance...

ivan6868;419780 said:
Hi Bonsoir,

I got my 525 in late Nov 08 for 157k when the COE was 8.4K (PML used the 10.5K Cat C COE), OMV was only 51K. Got the 3M mats but not service vouchers though I tried, but the overtrade for my old car was not too bad, and the SE gave me a golf bag, think it's from part of his comm.

Anyway, congrats and hope you enjoy your ride!

Heh heh....
Thanks Bro.....i got no golf bag leh....i think they easily make 2k per person for comms for anything above 5 series....even for a 1 or 3 series, the SE will make 1plusk per car...
so i not hiam liao.
But yours is 525 double vanos 6pot....worth it la...anyway, 157k is quite a good catch too....think my omv is lower at around 45k (euro fluctuate)....and coe may be around $4k... my overtrade was not too bad too....gave me even higher than audi...hehe....(but my heart still bmw la..).

Hope to see u guys in the gathering soon... :)

Cheers to all....

Exactly what I thought, won't be able to buy things at the cheapest time. OMV at 43K for you is good!

I also used the Audi overtrade to bargain for a better price, which they gave in....lol! They could have made much more if we hadn't done comparison!

Strangely, I almost got the Audi too, but the beemer being the dreamcar for a long time is difficult to refuse, especially after driving it! Never felt better after owning the machine!

ivan6868;420022 said:
Exactly what I thought, won't be able to buy things at the cheapest time. OMV at 43K for you is good!

I also used the Audi overtrade to bargain for a better price, which they gave in....lol! They could have made much more if we hadn't done comparison!

Strangely, I almost got the Audi too, but the beemer being the dreamcar for a long time is difficult to refuse, especially after driving it! Never felt better after owning the machine!

amen to that man...hee....
looking forward to getting my ride in 2-3 weeks time cos gotta go for COE bidding wor....but my SE quite swee la....he called me today to say even if i can get external insurance quotes better than their in house MSIG? he will "subsidize" the difference which can be another 200 plus dollars....so i ok la....cos another buddy of mine maybe buying the 320 pro....so will recommend lor....

Catch up with u again soon....

take care! :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back