BMW 335 convertible N54 need help

famwk01

Hi, I need some advice here. Hope all bro and sis can help.

1) my convertible top have some ratterinng sound. Don’t know from where. which work shop can fix the convertible top. It is still working fine thought.

2) there is a humming sound when I drive more then 40km/hr. Sound seems like come from the lower back. Possible to be bearing?

3) my 335 is N54. Is it worth it to renew coe? Now at 145,000 km. Some said the N54 not reliable. N55 better. True? Why?

4) if I renew 10 yr coe now and decided to scrap after 4 yr, I will get back my balance coe. How about body?

5) after I renew coe, and I spare 25k for worst case scenario ie gear overhaul, change turbo, etc etc. would it be enough?

how old is your 335i? how long have you driven it?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

sell and get a younger 335i convertible better or another convertible..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Can others help to provide answer too. Thanks
For the first question, mine has rattling noise over poorly paved roads. Tried fixing it but was told nothing can be done. The rattling remained about the same throughout the 5 years I owned it.

My roof also leaks a little in very heavy rain ... seems like nothing can be done except to change the roof seals and was quoted between S$3k to 6k.

In the end I sold the car and got another 335i (4 door) which gives me a more cushy drive. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genshinlabnet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back