BMW 520i why engine sound like diesel engine is it normal?

Tiak Tiak Tiak.............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

If you open the bonnet, it will sound like Diesel engine but half as loud. If you close back the bonnet, it should not sound like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I closed the bonnet I still hear the tiak tiak sound... when I open the bonnet is even louder.. is it normal because got turbo? my 325i don't have this sound.. o_O

I just got the car yesterday.. is still under lemon law.. they say is common because is turbo.. if 523 is very smooth and quiet.

If it's the new G30 from PML, I think they no longer sell 520 gasoline.
It should be a diesel 520.

If it's the earlier F10 or E60, then perhaps you should get your mech to take a look.
Should not sound like a diesel.

Not sure 'bad' is the sound, I switch from Lexus V6 non turbo to F10 520i, I'm also not use to the engine note. Sounds like diesel engine to me as well.

My friend E200 also sounds like diesel engine to me. And now my current G30 530i, the sound still no wear near the creamy sounding V6 I had before.

I presume you just got yourself an F10 520i running an N20 engine. Then yes, it's very normal. It sounds more diesel than a 520d.

According to BMW, it's the direct injectors solenoids in action. Somehow, it only happens for the N20 but not other engines that uses the same injectors.

Thanks.. at least I know is normal..
today I hear another noise like so water sucking sound with then air con is on.. I try off the air con then the sound is gone..

Cool.. I try to change the coolant and and let the air out.. there are still some noise.. will try ac flush. Thanks

Cool.. I try to change the coolant and and let the air out.. there are still some noise.. will try ac flush. Thanks

The F10 is quite prone to condenser damage due to small stones entering from the front grill & lower grill at high speeds. Once the condenser had been damaged, gas will leak & the compressor will cease.

I've had to replace both once and installed a protector mesh to prevent a repeat. Heavy footers, take note.

Don, better to bring it in for aircond check. Water sound could be as simple as clogged drainage from cooling coil but better be safe.

It's the injectors.

The n20 injectors tends to be noisy over time ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back