BMW 523i F10 Fuel Consumption

jamier9

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see what kind of fuel consumption you guys are getting for the 523i F10.

I just got my car a few days back and still on my first tank of fuel. Needle has just gone below the half way mark and so far only got 210km. Judging from this I probably won't even get 400km to the full tank.

I have been driving like an old lady just to run in the engine first, if I go back to my normal heavy footed driving imagine what the consumption would be.

I was driving a 195hp Saab 9-3 turbo and I got better mileage from that and the F10 is non turbo!!

Is this going to get better?

Re: BMW 523i F10 Fuel Consumption

Yes, as the engine is run in, the FC should improve. It might take a few thousand KMs before it gets better. Drive first, worry later. :)

douggie;622465 said:
Yes, as the engine is run in, the FC should improve. It might take a few thousand KMs before it gets better. Drive first, worry later. :)

Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed. :)

jamier9;621386 said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to see what kind of fuel consumption you guys are getting for the 523i F10.

I just got my car a few days back and still on my first tank of fuel. Needle has just gone below the half way mark and so far only got 210km. Judging from this I probably won't even get 400km to the full tank.

I have been driving like an old lady just to run in the engine first, if I go back to my normal heavy footed driving imagine what the consumption would be.

I was driving a 195hp Saab 9-3 turbo and I got better mileage from that and the F10 is non turbo!!

My Aug '10 F10 523i on 19" staggered is averaging 9.2 km/l with 50/50 highway/city driving

jamier9;621386 said:
Hi guys,

Since you have so much $$ to buy F10, enjoy it to the fullest. No point to complain FC. If concern with FC, keep it @ home loh.

Anyway, my 8 yr old E39 520 is clocking around 7km/L around city.

skip;622555 said:
My Aug '10 F10 523i on 19" staggered is averaging 9.2 km/l with 50/50 highway/city driving

Sorry sidetrack abit. Bro, how the drive on 19"? I'm thinking of fixing 19" also. Is it better with a staggered setup? Will the tyres hit the mudguards while turning?

The FC is bad because you are running those run flat tyres and stock rims which are heavy like hell.

My e92 335 first came with 18inch rim + runflats. I had to visit petrol kiosk every 3 days. Now I am running 19s which is lighter and tyres which are also lighter. I only visit the kiosk once every 5 to 7 days. previously when I drive up north in stock rim/tyres, I had to make multiple stops to top up fuel(n in the process the MY TP catches up with me! keke). Now, 3/4 tank can take me up NSH and all the way to the foot of Genting, and I do not drive slowly when I am up there.

Centurion9990;622737 said:
Sorry sidetrack abit. Bro, how the drive on 19"? I'm thinking of fixing 19" also. Is it better with a staggered setup? Will the tyres hit the mudguards while turning?

No compromise in comfort compared to the stock 17" with RFT. As ABD mentioned, the RFTs are heavy and pickup feels sluggish.

Staggered setup is due to the different front and rear offset, if I go for non-staggered I will need spacers for the rear wheels in order for them to flush with the fender. I did not lower my ride so there is no rubbing of fenders so far.

skip;622987 said:
No compromise in comfort compared to the stock 17" with RFT. As ABD mentioned, the RFTs are heavy and pickup feels sluggish.

Staggered setup is due to the different front and rear offset, if I go for non-staggered I will need spacers for the rear wheels in order for them to flush with the fender. I did not lower my ride so there is no rubbing of fenders so far.

Right right... Thanks for the reply... will start looking for 19" for my ride... btw, care to share your 19" staggered setup if you don't mind? make my rims hunting easier with the measurements at finger tips...

Hey ABD,

Are you driving less or is the rims really that light?

Coz from 3 days to 5 to 7 days, is almost double leh... a bit hard to imagine... but if it is true, i am keen to try... my FC is like 7km/litre... everytime i pump petrol, i go into shock!

How much were the rims... if it cost too much, than long term cost average out, or might be cheaper to stick to stock!

my 2 cents worth...

IMHO I dont think rims make THAT much of a difference, maybe it's just the tyres. check your tyre pressure, or change out of run flats for a start. i usually pump +2 PSI above recommended pressure.

Centurion9990;623064 said:
Right right... Thanks for the reply... will start looking for 19" for my ride... btw, care to share your 19" staggered setup if you don't mind? make my rims hunting easier with the measurements at finger tips...

Sorry for the late reply

Rim/tyre size as follows:

Front 19x8.5 245/40/19
Rear 19x9.5 275/35/19

Not sure about the offset though, but I think any reputable tyre shop should be able to get you the proper fitment.

Hope this helps.

I'm on 20", FC is about 7.1km/L, quite fine with me, only thing that bother me a lot is the steering wheel--- it is dam big!
PI model comes with the smaller diameter n paddle shift. Mine from PML but NOTHING n with a big n clumsy steering wheel.
Should buy from PI!!!
Anyone out there can help as I am very determine to change a steering wheel like the one in 535i model.

quite a few workshops in our forum can do it i think
if they can do for E9x 3er and E60 5er, i think F10 should pose no problem
you can try look for wilson @ 96905511

Got the F10 in Apr 11, changed to 20" rims, with 50/50 city/highway driving. It is clocking an average 6.5-7.6 km/litre after 3 tank full.

This is real bad....all my pass 9 rides are either 1.8/2.0t engines and i'm getting avg 11-12 km/ litre.

Am going to check out the new Audi A7 : )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back