bmw 523i F10 highline

moneynoenough

dear shifus in the forum, been thinking of taking over a pre owned slightly more than 5 years 523i highline f10 from my aquaintance. The mileage is low at about 65k but fully serviced by pml. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts? Will there be heaving spending on wear and tear parts upcoming? Many thanks all in advance!

After 5.5 years of owning a 523, the only thing that I believe is a concern will be the GB.
Mine had shift jerks (downshifting) and was solved by loading new software.
Before I hand over my car, the jerk came back after a spirited drive in a hot day.
My guess is heat that caused it. So I let it sit to cool for 2 hours before I drive again.
Once it's cooled, gear shift was back to normal and smooth again.
Other than this, just normal maintenance.
Expect to see oil leaks if those gaskets have not been changed.

Many thanks! Would u reccomend this over a slight younger car but using the N20 4 cylinder turbo engine? Heard 6 cyclinder more reliable than the 4...

After 5.5 years of owning a 523, the only thing that I believe is a concern will be the GB.
Before I hand over my car, the jerk came back after a spirited drive in a hot day.
My guess is heat that caused it. So I let it sit to cool for 2 hours before I drive again.
Man

Definitely GB. PML SA told me there are quite number have this problem. Mine was replace by BMW and I have to Psy one third for the cost of the GB. Warranty for two more years. Now drives like a dream. 523i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuwinbet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back