BMW 523i F10 - What is your RPM at idle?

jamier9

Bros,

For those who own the 523i F10, just wanted to check what your RPM is at idle/stop.

Mine seems to be at around 600-650 rpm.

As mentioned in many forums, the F10 has a problem moving off at low speeds. There is alot of hesitation and jerking.

I'm not sure what the problem is, so just wondering if the idle speed RPM has got anything to do with it?

Re: BMW 523i F10 - What is your RPM at idle?

F10 uses the same N52N engine as the LCI E60, the spec is 650rpm +/-10% try setting at 710rpm it should be fine

desertfox65;626996 said:
F10 uses the same N52N engine as the LCI E60, the spec is 650rpm +/-10% try setting at 710rpm it should be fine

Thanks, will try getting that done...

900-1000 at idle seem high.......

During warm up in the morning...it is about 1000....thereafter will drop....to..i cannot remember...must try see tomorrow. But surely drop less than 900.

Mine PML ride around 750. It stays between 500 and 1k.
I do not have jerking problem. Slow moving off corrected by installed Sprint booster.

Last edited by a moderator:

glntan;627755 said:
I do not have jerking problem. Slow moving off corrected by installed Sprint booster.

Thanks for the info, would you mind sharing where you had the Sprint booster installed and cost?

Thanks in advance.

The Sprint booster cost around 300 for new with install, can be found easily at most of the accessories workshop. I am sure you can get a used unit for less than 200.

glntan;628363 said:
The Sprint booster cost around 300 for new with install, can be found easily at most of the accessories workshop. I am sure you can get a used unit for less than 200.

Thanks bro, any recommended workshop to get this done, would rather go with a workshop that another forumer like you have used.

Any issue with the PML warranty if we get this done?

jamier9;628428 said:
Thanks bro, any recommended workshop to get this done, would rather go with a workshop that another forumer like you have used.

Any issue with the PML warranty if we get this done?

Had PM you the workshop details. As for PML warranty, yet to visit them with installed. Most likely will remove before their service session and re-install after that.

glntan;628554 said:
Had PM you the workshop details. As for PML warranty, yet to visit them with installed. Most likely will remove before their service session and re-install after that.

Hi, can youpm me the workshop as well, i got the same problem when moving off.. thank you

charlietay;628635 said:
Hi, can youpm me the workshop as well, i got the same problem when moving off.. thank you

Had sent you the details.

glntan;627755 said:

Corrected ? I think its more like obsfucated .................

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohu90tax

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back