• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW Diesel

156F1

BMW makes the best diesel 6 inline engines. Euro 4/5/6 diesel road tax is about 3 times that of a petrol car with same capacity. Diesel engine is twice as efficient as petrol engine. Diesel fuel is cheaper than petrol. Diesel is cleaner than petrol in terms of CO2 emission. A 530d has more torque than the M5 V10. A 320d can easily out gun a 320i.

It makes perfect sense to bring BMW diesel cars to SG. Why is it not happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BMW Diesel

It is because of the special tax on diesel vehicles.

535i 2362/year for road tax
535d 6120/year for road tax+special tax

But all that is going to change with the Budget 2012.

So which BMW meets Euro V emission?

All current BMW meets Euro V. Even with road tax 3 times that of petrol, it's still cheaper to run if one does more than 25,000km a year (assume diesel $1.67/l and 16km/l, petrol $2.27/l and 8km/l):

Petrol
Tax $2,362
Fuel $7,094
Total $9,456

Diesel
Tax $6,120
Fuel $2,609
Total $8,729

And for those who pumps only V-power ($2.48/l), your break-even between petrol and diesel is slightly less than 20,000km a year!

It will happen soon guys. :) Soon enough

Lets just say if you leave me your number, I will update you when information is official. But than again when its official, I'm sure it will be all over the news anyway. But take it from me it will happen soon.

Diesel M in Singapore? That would be such a wet-dream come true.... But the tiak tiak tiak sound how?

Wow, so what does the tax work out to be like for a 320d?

320d is $800 more than 320i.

525d is $1000 more than 525i.

With up to $20,000 rebate on ARF for cars with better CEVS, diesel cars could be cheaper to buy than their petrol equivalent?

So my earlier comparison is now, if adapted for 525i vs 525d:

Assume diesel $1.67/l and 16km/l, petrol $2.27/l and 8km/l, and 20,000km per year.

Petrol
Tax $1,796
Fuel $5,675
Total $7,471

Diesel
Tax $2,796
Fuel $2,088
Total $4,884

An annual savings of $2,587 in fuel bills!

Forget petrol and hybrid, diesel rocks!!!

Of course if diesel cars become more popular, the price of diesel fuel would increase - it's always the oil companies that win : (

Sg car so ex n ppl have this stigma tat diesel cars are "cheapo"

Not me. I will be first to buy, if it's priced similarly to petrol version.

My experiences with the E90 320d (1 tank 1,200km) and E60 525d (400nm torque, 240+ km/h) in France were excellent. When inside the cars, can't even hear the diesel rattles. You only realized it's diesel by looking at the tachometer, which redline at 4,500-5,000 rpm. The tremendous torque when you step on the accelerator is orgasmic. No need to downshift to overtake.

Imagine a 335d (280+bhp, 570+nm) out accelerating a Cayman at the traffic lights... the chiobu sitting on the passenger seat in the Cayman would be more than suitably unimpressed with her boy racer's P-car... haha.

wobbles;754614 said:
Diesel M in Singapore? That would be such a wet-dream come true.... But the tiak tiak tiak sound how?
Wobbles, my 1st wet-dream is E39 530d wif 400NM. I seen it in Malaysia. There will be tiak tiak sound during idling. On the move, it sounds same as petrol 530.

156F1;754840 said:
Assume diesel $1.67/l and 16km/l, petrol $2.27/l and 8km/l, and 20,000km per year.

Of course if diesel cars become more popular, the price of diesel fuel would increase - it's always the oil companies that win : (

Diesel is relatively cheaper now only because there is a current tax on petrol.
IF the govt introduces a tax on diesel, price might be similar, but of coz it gives better mileage.

E92 Alpina B3 diesel sounds interesting

Diesel car/hybrid car will take off next year......turbo-diesel will be my pick especially on those mammoth SUV...

SC_IS;754564 said:
It will happen soon guys. :) Soon enough

The margin on the M5 is a ridiculous $200 000 thereabouts. So what's the margin on the diesel M Performance cars going to be?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back