• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

BMW Diesel

Re: BMW Diesel

Prob about the same. Obscene

Woah I am having wet dreams just thinking of a new 320d or 325d already...

Family;755271 said:
The margin on the M5 is a ridiculous $200 000 thereabouts. So what's the margin on the diesel M Performance cars going to be?

That's why we have PIs to thank for .... :nehnehhh:

Family;755271 said:
The margin on the M5 is a ridiculous $200 000 thereabouts. So what's the margin on the diesel M Performance cars going to be?
As Alpina whore, i would suggest to buy Alpina D5. 3L diesel with twin VTG turbo.

It is only 31hp & 40NM less than BMW M550d.

jasonmaxima;756063 said:
diesel in malaysia TAK BOLEH!!!! long term use will cause engine to up lorry.

Maybe in the long-run, they'll be having euro-v compliant diesel when euro-v vehicles get more popular ...

jasonmaxima;756063 said:
diesel in malaysia TAK BOLEH!!!! long term use will cause engine to up lorry.
Engine would not up lorry lah. DPF will up lorry lah. In Malaysia, all 320d/520d got no DPF.

If u drive it like strawberry, u can do a return trip to KL + drive around town.

No DPF = black smoke from exhaust? Macam the MIG-29 Smoky Bandits from TUDM?

Gunners : Thank you for the suggestion. I actually find PIs' margins to be more obscene. Considering no investment in staff and infrastructure, no dealership loss to worry about and no effort required on principal management, their margin is more ridiculous.

I'd take a different view if their margin is like Cost + $20 000 (example) for high-end cars. But it's more like PML - $20 000 instead. The risk-reward just isn't there.

davidtch : I love Alpina, perhaps, as much as you. Unfortunately there's no authorised dealer and workshop to back them up. Before Munich Auto open, I was hoping they could franchise the brand too.

The other brand sorely lacking to me is Abarth.

Have a nice evening, gentlemen.

Family;756181 said:
Gunners : Thank you for the suggestion. I actually find PIs' margins to be more obscene. Considering no investment in staff and infrastructure, no dealership loss to worry about and no effort required on principal management, their margin is more ridiculous.

I'd take a different view if their margin is like Cost + $20 000 (example) for high-end cars. But it's more like PML - $20 000 instead. The risk-reward just isn't there.

davidtch : I love Alpina, perhaps, as much as you. Unfortunately there's no authorised dealer and workshop to back them up. Before Munich Auto open, I was hoping they could franchise the brand too.

The other brand sorely lacking to me is Abarth.

Have a nice evening, gentlemen.

In that case is there a way for us to self-import? The basic cost will be roughly (OMV*2.3+COE+freight+handling fees from country) of origin? Warranty you can either warranty yourself or buy from workshop.

helbreath;756184 said:
In that case is there a way for us to self-import? The basic cost will be roughly (OMV*2.3+COE+freight+handling fees from country) of origin? Warranty you can either warranty yourself or buy from workshop.

I was thinking along that line too and pay a fee for this .... i'm sure there are companies who do this and assist with financing too.

Anyone can advise on this?

helbreath;756184 said:

I agree self-import is ideal and it comes with challenges :

a. Finding a trusted dealer overseas.

b. Going through the administrative process yourself. I've absolutely no inclination for paper work.

One should be mindful of the trade-offs though.

For a typical salaried person with a growing family, the effort may cannibalise your focus on things with greater priority : building wealth and caring for a growing family.

These, amongst others like character development, should never be subservient to expendable toys.

Here's another view : use the money to get a property in another country. Rent it out. Buy your dream car there and in no time, your rental collection pays for your car.

Go enjoy your car now and then. Afterall, it's not everyday that you have an opportunity or need to drive flat-out.

Good night.

Gunners;756198 said:
I was thinking along that line too and pay a fee for this .... i'm sure there are companies who do this and assist with financing too.

Anyone can advise on this?

That was the role of the PI previously before greed consumed them.

The dark side consumed even the greatest Jedi of them all...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8kbetch4
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back